timidator34 is offline Junior Member

juice and antidepressent

hey guys my doctor just prescribed me effexor for anxiety and depression. how will doing regular cycles of test and winny effect me. will these to clash? or nothing to worry about.. thanks

Halfcenturian is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timidator34
    hey guys my doctor just prescribed me effexor for anxiety and depression. how will doing regular cycles of test and winny effect me. will these to clash? or nothing to worry about.. thanks
    I've been on Effexor thru 7 cycles. Not a problem at all.

frank12391 is offline Member
    No drug interactions there. Just as long as you got those issues stable and well managed you will be fine. I do find that test makes me a little more anxious. If that happens, go to the doctor and ask him to review your dosage of Efexor

duramaxedge is offline Senior Member
    on a side note.. how does the effexir work?? I have tryed lexapro and a couple others.. they all made me deathly tired..

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    It shouldn't effect your cycle.

Pete789 is offline Associate Member
    i am on Zoloft no probs
    Pete

mkv213 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxedge
    on a side note.. how does the effexir work?? I have tryed lexapro and a couple others.. they all made me deathly tired..
    Effexor is by far the best Anti D i've been on. Was on Prozac, zoloft, paxil all for anxiety and depression for the past 7 years, they all lost their effect after around 6 months at the highest recommended dosages. Been on effexor now for a year and haven't felt a lick of depression (other than the occasional crappy day or anything that would make anyone a little blue). I've went as high as 300mg ED on the effexor but I coudln't ejaculate so it was lowered to 200mg ED and I'm good to go in that area now. No sides other than that one. Good stuff but I hear its the worst to come off of. You can't just quit taking them, you have to taper down or you will have severe depression and suicidal thoughts (from what I've researched). When I was on the paxil, my script ran out and I had moved and wasn't enrolled into my medical care yet. I was off of them for a little over a month and it was terrible. I wanted to kill myself the depression got so bad. Hope this answers any questions you had. Good luck bro, depression is no joke and it sucks.

riskybusiness is offline New Member
    if anything they might help stabalise you if you get a bit shitty cycling off your gear, i was on Seroxat (Paxil) for 6 years, ****ing hard to come off, extrememly dependant. im on 2.5mg of lexapro now , its all i need to stimulate seratonin,

so in answer to your question they might aid you in recovery (mentally)

davedizzle is offline Associate Member
    I am on Celexa & Inderol (have been for 6 years), no problems when cycling. I sometimes bump the dose up a bit when on PCT to avoid feeling low. But i'm not reccomending that.

Halfcenturian is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxedge
    I've been on it since 2000. Best SSRI out there IMO. I spiraled in and crashed back in 1999, when I quit alcohol, nicotine, and all rec. drugs.... cold turkey.
    It is very good. Only downside for me is loss of libido. But proviron , caber, and some of the OTC stuff helps. Not to mention Testosterone . Nice and smooth.

Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riskybusiness View Post
    if anything they might help stabalise you if you get a bit shitty cycling off your gear, i was on Seroxat (Paxil) for 6 years, ****ing hard to come off, extrememly dependant. im on 2.5mg of lexapro now , its all i need to stimulate seratonin,

so in answer to your question they might aid you in recovery (mentally)
    I'm on 20 mg lexapro a day. The doc just upped my dose. I'm walking around tired as hell and a little out of it. How do you take 2.5 mg a day? Do you cut up the pills? I thought they came in 10's -10, 20, etc.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    It shouldn't be a problem. I've heard a lot of good things about effexor. I was recently taking Pristiq which is supposed to be similar to it, personally it wasn't right for me, it made me feel a bit crazy but everyone is different. I have tried many others, including Prozac, Buspar and Wellbutrin, I have finally found one that works for me which is Cymbalta so hopefully you can get a good effect from the first one and not have to switch constantly.

Effexor and roids should be fine. Be careful if taking effexor with stimulants such as ephedrine however:
    * Cardiovascular: tachycardia, cardiac arrhythmias, Angina pectoris, vasoconstriction with hypertension
    * Dermatological: flushing, sweating, acne vulgaris
    * Gastrointestinal: nausea, appetite loss
    * Genitourinary: increased urine output due to increased blood flow (difficulty urinating is not uncommon, as alpha-agonists such as ephedrine constrict the internal urethral sphincter, mimicking the effects of sympathetic nervous system stimulation)
    * Nervous system:restlessness, confusion, insomnia, mild euphoria, mania/hallucinations (rare except in previously existing psychiatric conditions), delusions, formication (may be possible, but lacks documented evidence) paranoia, hostility, panic, agitation
    * Respiratory: dyspnea, pulmonary edema
    * Miscellaneous: dizziness, headache, tremor, hyperglycemic reactions

Ephedrine should not be used in conjunction with certain antidepressants, namely SNRIs (serotonin-norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitors), as this increases the risk of the above symptoms due to excessive serum levels of norepinephrine.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Iv'e been on anti d's for over 18 years mate, no probs.

QuadPower is offline Associate Member
    The original first post is from Jan2007

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadPower View Post
    The original first post is from Jan2007
    That doesn't make me any less depressed

fitfreak is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    That doesn't make me any less depressed

michael tyson is offline Associate Member
    i didn't realize how may people were on these drugs...

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    me either
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Nitro29 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kchrist View Post
    These types of drugs are way overprescribed (much like antibiotics) and its more often than not a GP or some other type of MD that prescribes these things, rather than the appropriate professional (psychiatrist).

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank12391 View Post
    No drug interactions there. Just as long as you got those issues stable and well managed you will be fine. I do find that test makes me a little more anxious. If that happens, go to the doctor and ask him to review your dosage of Efexor
    I find the exact oposite of this during my cycles......test just make s you feel great all the time!! at least for me it does......done a few cycles with Lexapro an no issues.....and I play with the dose all the time as low as 5mg and and as high as 15mg.....see what works for you and keep your doc looped in

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kchrist View Post
    Wow, me iether, what an epedemic, this blows me away.

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    They are the #1 pescribed meds in the U.S.
    by far.....I think heart meds are next....but noteven close to number of the anti/dep/psychotics

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    Yes, I am a little baffled to find so many of you guys taking anti-depressants. I absoluately hate them. I was prescribed something when I was 21 years old following my 2 year ecstacy binge and I just couldnt stand them. They really mess with your thoughts.

Now, also, I have found that good ole testosterone is BY FAR the best anti depressant out there. I feel a vigor inside of me when I'm on that getting down about things is simply not an option.

"I will conquer all foes who stand against me."

That sort of thing.

Only thing I take is xanax and thats just to help sleep at night. Its pretty sick when your own government has instilled so much doubt and anxiety in too you with their lies that you have to take a pill to handle it. But well, thats life, and its certainly not fair.

Thread Information