BrownBomber is offline Member

No Such Thing As Hypothyroidism?

Fellas,

As we all know taking synthetic T3 will shut down your natural thyroid production down for a bit....BUT NOT forever from what Ive read in the past. Now I'm getting some bloodwork done (after a cycle that involved T3) and this involves checking my TSH levels. Im almost certain that my thyroid levels will come back low. Odds are the doctor will prescribe me medication that I'll need to take for "the rest of my life" according to him.

My question is do I follow the docs orders and take the meds forever or just wait till my Thyroid picks back up, which it should.

Thanks
    BB

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Why would you take the meds for the rest of your life if you know the levels are going to come back low because you just ran T3. Of course if the meds increase your metabolism and they'll keep you cut like a mofo for the rest of your life then hell i would take them. But if you just want to get your thyroid level back up then dont take them.

superstar is offline New Member
    The T3 shuts it down due to negative feedback. If there is (eventually) no T3 to stop TSH production, then the TSH will have no choice but to start back up again and push the thyroid to produce T3. As long as the beta cells within the hypophysis have not completely atrophied (which would take a very long term use of T3 to achieve) they would be able to function properly again with the negative feedback loop associated with the lack of T3. Just make sure you taper off slowly in order to start the feedback loop back up.

-I'm working on a PHd in Molecular Biology, and endocrine function is probably what I am going to specialize in within that field. As I learn more, I hope to be able to give better medically related advice to all the peeps on the board. If you have any more questions, shoot me a PM

SKiN is offline Member
    Thanks for the info superstar.... how long would synthetic t3 have to be run for the "beta cells within the hypophysis to be completely atrophied... Also does this depend on dosage? What is the max dosage in your opinion would boost a persons metabolism without shutting them down..

superstar is offline New Member
    The average 100 KG male will have about 75 mcg of natural T3 in his system. The hormone has a half life of about 5-9 days, depending on other factors within the body. If you raise the levels higher than this, TSH will not be produced. It would probably take a good 3 months of constant use to atrophy the beta cells that produce tsh to the point that they are completely atrophied. You would still be able to get them back to normal at this point, with a little work. To get them to the point of no return would probably take 6+ months of constant use, depending on the individual.

SKiN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar
    The average 100 KG male will have about 75 mcg of natural T3 in his system. The hormone has a half life of about 5-9 days, depending on other factors within the body. If you raise the levels higher than this, TSH will not be produced. It would probably take a good 3 months of constant use to atrophy the beta cells that produce tsh to the point that they are completely atrophied. You would still be able to get them back to normal at this point, with a little work. To get them to the point of no return would probably take 6+ months of constant use, depending on the individual.

So what do you think the minimum dosage for a 100kg male could take without supressing natural t3 production? Like takin around xx mcg throughout winter bulker to help keep some of the excess fat off....

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiN
    So what do you think the minimum dosage for a 100kg male could take without supressing natural t3 production? Like takin around xx mcg throughout winter bulker to help keep some of the excess fat off....
    your body converts about 1/3 of the t4 to t3 so 25mcgs a day...if you take in 25mcgs a day or more your body will stop endogeous production because your taking the "END" product whereas taking t4 would take slightly longer, but either way for atrophy to occur it would take a considerable amount of time for your thyroid function to become lessened than when you began taking thyroid hormones, i'd say you have a better chance lowering your thyroid function with the foods you eat rather than by taking thyroid hormones...meaning the toxins in your food as well as the stresses of life, increased adrenal function will lower your thyroid function because the two hormones compete for tyrosine which is necessary for the production of t4 and cortisol. I have never come across a single person who has fried their thyroid function due to cycling t3, t4 or even t2. Proper thryoid support supplements will help in returning your thyroid function back up to optimal levelks as well, the main ones ofcourse being coleus forskolii and t-100X (glandulars)

Thread Information