hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

best for widow's peak receding hair

sup fella's i know about finasteride but the thing is i have read that it really only works for the crown(back of your head) not the front... i beleive if i am going to lose hair it will be in my widow's peak..so, what do i need to look into? nixoral shampoos or what guys?

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    As far as I know...nothing can stop the front. Sorry.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    And you want to know whats funny when i dont cut my hair man it
    grows to a widows peak how old are you hung solo.

Quote Originally Posted by builtthekid
    And you want to know whats funny when i dont cut my hair man it
    grows to a widows peak how old are you hung solo.
    26 man, i havent really noticed much hairloss but i just want to make **** sure i dont lose it

shiloh is offline Junior Member
    Losing your hair from around your widows peak and from the back of your head, if caused my male pattern baldness, are caused by the same thing and are treated the same way. Most propecia patients have reported that their hair has stopped thinning all over, however, most of the re-growth claims are from the back of ones head. So the treatment is the same but the regrowth results are better for the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by shiloh
    Losing your hair from around your widows peak and from the back of your head, if caused my male pattern baldness, are caused by the same thing and are treated the same way. Most propecia patients have reported that their hair has stopped thinning all over, however, most of the re-growth claims are from the back of ones head. So the treatment is the same but the regrowth results are better for the crown.
    ah i see so i am ****ed huh? b/c it is just a widow's peak thing..

not nessasarily. if you haven't started to loss your hair yet and propecia works for you, it will stop you from lossing hair around the widows peak as well. But if you've started to loss your hair already there is less of a chance for regrowth there.

not nessasarily. if you haven't started to loss your hair yet and propecia works for you, it will stop you from lossing hair around the widows peak as well. But if you've started to loss your hair already there is less of a chance for regrowth there.
    is there anything other than propecia?? but finasteride will not help hairloss at the widows peak period right?

wrong. finasteride will still help with the hairloss, just not as effective at hair regrowth.

a couple of other treatments that have shown results are topical spironolactone solutions, proxiphen-N and revivogen.

a couple of other treatments that have shown results are topical spironolactone solutions, proxiphen-N and revivogen.
    where andhow do i get that?

spironolactone is Rx. The rest is OTC if I remember correctly. Do a search on google. I'm sure you will find them.

spironolactone is Rx. The rest is OTC if I remember correctly. Do a search on google. I'm sure you will find them.
    cool thanx...so basically finasteride is a waste for me.. nixoral shampoo maybe?? you apply that all over your head so wouldnt that help better than fina??

nixoral is good as well, but the best thing is still a 5-alpha reductase blocker like finasteride.

bigjayo is offline Associate Member
    I use nizoral and I have had 0 hairloss. Nizoral makes my hair grow like crazy and I have a window's peak also. So my hair does look like it recedes sometimes when I let it grow(obviously since I have window's peak the middle grows farther out then the rest). Don't worry about it bro, I like mine, chicks dig it on a 6'2 240lb guy btw, while ON I tried to minimize haircuts so I can watch my hair(or make sure I still have it and its not falling out).

Thread Information