IronGame is offline New Member

Hair loss and AAS

Alright, I know that if you're not predisposed to male pattern baldness, then chances are, you're not very much at risk of losing hair from steroid use .

I'm only going to be doing a single compound (test cyp) at 500mg for 10 weeks. I'm not predisposed to MPB, and my family has very good genes when it comes to hair. I'm 27, and I have a THICK head of hair. My father is 66 and although it's graying, it's pretty big and thick (his hair, that is, lol.) Same for most of family. BUT, I'm still a bit FREAKED OUT . . . hehe. I know finasteride is an option, but I'm reading conflicting reports about when I should start taking it, and besides, that's not in my budget. Some say I don't need to take anything at all (apart from the standard PCT regimen.)

So, what's the reality? What's YOUR experience? Has anyone on these boards experienced hair loss?
    Last edited by IronGame; 09-29-2004 at 05:55 PM.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Most cases, MPB comes from the mothers side of the family. Most I know use finasteride at 1-5mg per day. I think most use it at least 2 weeks before the start of a cycle, although more time (months) would be even better. Did you look at ar-r for finasteride? much cheaper than a pharmacuetical brand. hope this helps

just checked, AR-R has 150 mg for $45, I was spending $120 only 75 mg of Proscar made by merck sharp &Dohme.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i would use the stuff. can't hurt

IronGame is offline New Member
    Sounds like a reasonable price.

How about Saw Palmetto? That also blocks DHT, as far as I know.

Not to the same extent, but I have read studies that says it helps.

mustang331 is offline Member
    WHOA WHOA WHOA!! PLease explain this stuff more axe! I am putting an order in soon for some more stuff from the site, Just take 2mg a day throughout my cycle? And this helps hair loss??

BTW Is this injected or oral? Thanks!

androgenetic alopecia (MPB) comes from dht conversion, and finasteride works by inhibiting conversion of test to DHT, decreasing these levels in scalp and blood. This will only work with steroids that convert to DHT. Try to start it before your cycle for best results. Also, I have read that is is not recommended to take while on Deca . I think somewhere in the range of 1-2mg per day is sufficient. Taken Orally only, although AR-R 's comes in liquid. Just measure it out like the other products.

MACHI is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    androgenetic alopecia (MPB) comes from dht conversion, and finasteride works by inhibiting conversion of test to DHT, decreasing these levels in scalp and blood. This will only work with steroids that convert to DHT. Try to start it before your cycle for best results. Also, I have read that is is not recommended to take while on Deca. I think somewhere in the range of 1-2mg per day is sufficient. Taken Orally only, although AR-R's comes in liquid. Just measure it out like the other products.
    "We must also remember that all anabolic /androgenic steroids activate the androgen receptor, and can likewise all promote hair loss given the right dosage and conditions." p.29 Llewellyn. Anabolics 2004

finasteride works by inhibiting the 5-alpha reductase enzyme.....thus preventing excessive levels of DHT and limiting its effects in androgen sensitive tissues, however, if your like me and have a predisposition to MPB (lol factors like you have the thinnest hair of anyone you know, people tell you your going bald at least once a month, you have fine hair follicles, your father is bald, and your moms father is bald) you've allready accepted the fact that all the propecia in the world isn't going to help you once you start AAS

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    dht is good to thought so many people think that it is bad but it keeps you hard get a topical shampoo like nizoral it would be better IMO

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Do both... get the nizoral shampoo AND do finasteride. 150mg finasteride=5 months worth, start it a month before your cycle and run it a month after.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    why no deca with finasteride???

Thread Information