RAM2500 is offline Member

Filter Needles and Ampules

I was told by a close friend who is also a Pharmacist that when using ampules you MUST use a filter needle when you are drawing the gear into the syringe because glass particles will fall into the ampule. If you get these glass fragments in your body it could kill you. Any feed back

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you put a whatman filter on your syringe you would loose the entire 1cc that is in the Ampule. A whatman filter holds I believe a whole CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    If you put a whatman filter on your syringe you would loose the entire 1cc that is in the Ampule. A whatman filter holds I believe a whole CC.
    Whats a whatman filter?

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    it is a filter needle

The reason I 'm postiong this question is recently I did a search and found that some people use a file and "score" around the neck of the Ampule and simple break off the tip and draw as usual without a filter. Can you do this safely?

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    The whatman will hold two cc's of liquid. You could always purge that out though. Also, remember that the whatman is not intended to work backward...that is no pulling, just pushing on the syringe.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    lol, **** bro.. u'll be fine

Can these be purchased very easily. If so where.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Anabolic Reveiw research. Its called a syringe filter. I dont think it needed though. I have used alot of Ampules and never had any problems. I have had a couple break on me and I threw it away but other than that not too many glass particles I had to pick out.

mad4muscles is offline New Member

You may have just answered my question....

Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    The whatman will hold two cc's of liquid. You could always purge that out though. Also, remember that the whatman is not intended to work backward...that is no pulling, just pushing on the syringe.
    I bought a .45 syringe filter, hooked up a pin and tried to suck up the sterile water that was in an ampule I just made a mash out of trying to open. I couldn't get so much as a drop to come up thru.

So, if I am making the correct inference from what you said BWitaker, the proper thing to do is suck the tainted stuff into the syringe first, then hook up the filter (and presumably, a new pin?) and filter it on it's way into you?

detroit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mad4muscles
    I bought a .45 syringe filter, hooked up a pin and tried to suck up the sterile water that was in an ampule I just made a mash out of trying to open. I couldn't get so much as a drop to come up thru.

So, if I am making the correct inference from what you said BWitaker, the proper thing to do is suck the tainted stuff into the syringe first, then hook up the filter (and presumably, a new pin?) and filter it on it's way into you?

Or just by a 20ml sterile vial and a 20ml syringe. Break open all your amps, draw them into your 20ml syringe. Then attach the syringe filter and filter it into a 20ml sterile multi-dose vial.

mad4muscles is offline New Member
    naww, that sounds too easy!

thanks!

Thread Information