IronGame is offline New Member

Test-Cyp only cycle, please critque

Hello everyone. I'm 27, lifting for over 5 years, currently bulking (lol, I'm ALWAYS bulking!) Decided a few months ago to start anabolics. Didn't respond well to PHs of any kind, any way of stacking, no gains no side effects. I'm not at all predisposed to gyno, not predispoed to any hair loss (family has great genes where hair os concerned.)

So, after a few months of learning, I've put together a cycle, single-compound for beginners.

-Test Cypionate 500mg/week, single injection/week, for 10 weeks. No pyramiding, no tapering.
    -4000mg Tribulus ED during cycle and post cycle. 20mg Nolvadex during cycle if needed.

PCT:
    -Nolvadex, 40mg daily for 2 weeks, then 20mg until finished, beginning 18 days after cessation of Test Cyp injections.
    -Continue Tribulus at 4000mg daily 1-2 weeks past Nolva.

HCG , Clomid, not an option. I might add in Proviron if the price is right.

Questions:

1.) Alot of conflicting info about running Nolva during cycle and beyond, or JUST after cycle. I've read that Nolva run during cycle unless necessary to do so (symptoms of gyno) will limit gains. Then again, running it during cycle might prevent testicular shrinkage and fully prevent gyo. Advice??

2.) Not sure about Proviron, if I decide to get it. I understand that it should only be used during cycle, not after. So, I stop Proviron on my last injection day?
    Do I even need Proviron? Nolva seems enough.

3.) I've decided not to pyramid or taper Test Cyp. Anyone want to argue against that? Please explain.

Thanks, guys.

Jackman is offline Banned
    never pyramid or taper thats old school. Also do 2 shots a week not 1 with the cyp or your blood levels will be uneven. Do 10mg of nolva ED throught pct maybe bump it to 20mg with pct. 10mg will not inhibit gains.

J_Rod245 is offline Associate Member
    Is nolva just for gyno purposes??

SKiN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronGame
    Hello everyone. I'm 27, lifting for over 5 years, currently bulking (lol, I'm ALWAYS bulking!) Decided a few months ago to start anabolics. Didn't respond well to PHs of any kind, any way of stacking, no gains no side effects. I'm not at all predisposed to gyno, not predispoed to any hair loss (family has great genes where hair os concerned.)

So, after a few months of learning, I've put together a cycle, single-compound for beginners.

-Test Cypionate 500mg/week, single injection/week, for 10 weeks. No pyramiding, no tapering.
    -4000mg Tribulus ED during cycle and post cycle. 20mg Nolvadex during cycle if needed.

PCT:
    -Nolvadex, 40mg daily for 2 weeks, then 20mg until finished, beginning 18 days after cessation of Test Cyp injections.
    -Continue Tribulus at 4000mg daily 1-2 weeks past Nolva.

HCG , Clomid, not an option. I might add in Proviron if the price is right.

Questions:

1.) Alot of conflicting info about running Nolva during cycle and beyond, or JUST after cycle. I've read that Nolva run during cycle unless necessary to do so (symptoms of gyno) will limit gains. Then again, running it during cycle might prevent testicular shrinkage and fully prevent gyo. Advice??

2.) Not sure about Proviron, if I decide to get it. I understand that it should only be used during cycle, not after. So, I stop Proviron on my last injection day?
    Do I even need Proviron? Nolva seems enough.

3.) I've decided not to pyramid or taper Test Cyp. Anyone want to argue against that? Please explain.

Thanks, guys.
    Inject twice a week w/ cyp. Id run it like this...

Test Cyp 500mg 1-10wk
    Nolva 10mg ED 1-pct
    Triblulus 4g ed throughout pct
    Nolva 20mg ed throughout pct
    PCT w/ CLOMID 12-15

Your gains will not be limited by running nolva during cycle. It takes i think around 80mg ed to inhibit gains.

Also IMO nolva and trib are not enough for pct... imo you should def run clomid...

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Yah bro like Jackman said, no need to taper. Inject mon and thurs for more constant blood levels and it will give you less sides. Take the nolva at 10mg ED throughout your cycle and then bump it up to 20mg throughout your PCT. Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but wait 3 weeks after your last cyp shot and start PCT. You can run the tribulus as you have it and that will help since you don't have clomid. Might want to throw in some creatine after your cycle to help keep more gains. That is a basic beginner cycle you can't go wrong with. Good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    Yah bro like Jackman said, no need to taper. Inject mon and thurs for more constant blood levels and it will give you less sides. Take the nolva at 10mg ED throughout your cycle and then bump it up to 20mg throughout your PCT. Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but wait 3 weeks after your last cyp shot and start PCT. You can run the tribulus as you have it and that will help since you don't have clomid. Might want to throw in some creatine after your cycle to help keep more gains. That is a basic beginner cycle you can't go wrong with. Good luck bro.
    Yea pct with cyp is 3 weeks after last injection.

Thanks for the info so far, guys!

Yeah, I see the logic of Monday and Thursday shots. Nolva at 10mg a day during cycle is a relief, lol. Although I'm not predisposed to gyno, I'm paranoid about it. Clomid is not really an option $$-wise right now. I've concluded that Nolva is more effective than Clomid, with fewer sides, and that running both won't really help. In any case, I'll run Nolva 10mg during cycle, and probably 40mg PCT, tapering it to 20mg near end of PCT.

Tribulus stays in at 4grams. I have easy access to very cheap, yet high-potency trib, so I can megadose it easily.

1.) Proviron ?? I take it that it is better than Nolva for preventing testicular shrinkage. Should I run it during cycle?

2.) Alothough I'm not predisposed to hair loss, I'm still paranoid about it. I know, I know, lol, if I don;t have the genes for hair loss I won't have hair loss Test cyp. BUT, I might include propecia (finasteride) in oral form. How will finasteride interact with what I'm taking (Cyp and Post-cycle drugs)? Maybe I'm worried for nothing.

Jackman, if I run Nolva at 10mg during cycle, that means that I wait 3 weeks (I have 18 days listed) until I bump it up to 20-40mg . . . . .right?
    Last edited by IronGame; 09-29-2004 at 03:21 PM.

No you do 10mg for 10 weeks then do 20mg for 3 weeks during the pct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackman
    No you do 10mg for 10 weeks then do 20mg for 3 weeks during the pct.
    Sorry, Jackman, I might be misunderstanding here.

So:

Nolva at 10mg a day for the duration of 10 week cycle, and then STOP Nolva until PCT begins 3 weeks later??

Sorry, Jackman, I might be misunderstanding here.

So:

Nolva at 10mg a day for the duration of 10 week cycle, and then STOP Nolva until PCT begins 3 weeks later??
    Hehe no bro you got the first part right (Nolva at 10mg a day for the duration of 10 week cycle) now i see whare you got confused. i said do 10mg for 10 weeks then 20 at start of pct. Just do 10mg all the way to pct from the start of your first shot. Then first day you take clomid start taking 20mg until your last day of clomid. Sorry for the confusion
    Last edited by Jackman; 09-29-2004 at 04:33 PM.

Nah, man, you've been amazingly helpful! Thanks for the advice.

To everyone else, thank you for the advice as well!!

Nah, man, you've been amazingly helpful! Thanks for the advice.

To everyone else, thank you for the advice as well!!
    Any time bro PM me if you need ne thing else im out for the night peace

Alright, guys . . . I met with my source today. My trainer knows him personally, and has complete faith in him. I, in turn, have known my trainer for years, and we're good friends. My trainer is ISSA educated, and runs a nutrition and training business. He is invovled mainly at the Pro-fitness level of training. Our source is a bodybuilder at the pro level who is close friends with my trainer. The trust component is very much there, and I'm lucky to be in this situation.

For quick, solid gains, with a minimum (if any at all) of sides:

-10 week program, bulking.
    -Test cypionate . 200mg/week, one injection on Sundays.
    -Test Propionate . 300mg/week, 3 injections (100mg each), on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
    -10mg Nolva on cycle, or use only as needed, intermittently at 20-40mg.
    TOTAL: 500mg/week for 10 weeks.

PCT:
    -Nolva, 20-40mg ED as before
    -Tribulus at 4grams ED as before

Logic:

Based on my lifting (method, weight and frequency), diet, physiology, and current medical information (full physical), I will not see decent gains with only a single, long-acting compound. 10 weeks is not enough for that. Instead, I will benefit from the cyp over time, but see quicker and better results by using a faster-acting compound ilke prop. Gains will come sooner and will be more substantial, provided all else, like diet and lifting remain spot-on.

Sides:

Our source claims that on only a single cycle of test, again, based on my physical stats and medical info, side effects *should* be nearly zero. 10 weeks is not enough to do anything permanent as long as I be diligent about my PCT, and have Nolva on hand during the actual cycle.

He also stressed that SO MUCH depends on maintaining diet and lifting. I need to continue to lift heavy and work on improving my 1-rep maxes on al lifts.

Thoughts/comments?

If you dont have the $$ to start a proper cycle, than dont start.

You need clomid for PCT. Clomid specifically targets the receptors at the HTPA, and it does it better than Nolva. Nolva is more targeted at other receptors like at the mammary for example.

You probably read one of those old studies done 30 years ago that attempts to show that Nolva is more effective than clomid. We have come a long way since then.

Read Pheedno's PCT for a start.

It comes out to 500mgs a week. But it will be more comparable to 700mgs of cyp per week.

In a 200mg shot of cypionate , you're not getting 200mgs of testosterone , the cypionate ester makes up a portion of the 200mgs. Same with propionate , only the propionate ester takes up less, hence more testosterone.

Thread Information