Nathan is offline Retired Moderator

Fina before filtering...

Okay, I have my fina before filtering. Now, after adding the oil, I have a little bit a white stuff sticking to the sides of the vial that won't leave. What is it and is it okay that it's there? Not glue is it?

Also, should I let it sit overnight after adding the oil before filtering? I shouldn't have to pre-filter as I left it only about 45 minutes after adding the pellets, which is under the 1 hour rule. Correct?

King Samson is offline Associate Member
    I have been told that it is more important to make sure that the pellets are totally dissolved before adding the oil than obeying the 1 hour rule, and after making a few bottles I can see why. So if the pellets are not totally disslved then you need to take the vial and heat it in hot (not boiling) water in 10 minute intervals until the pellets are dissolved. It has been a while but I beleive that the next thing I did was let the vial sit untill there was three different color layers. Then I sucked out the top layer of oil (leaving the two remaining bottom layers in the vial) and pushed it through the sterile filter into the sterile vial. Don't forget to push the 2ccs of oil that you set aside earlier through the sterile filter now to clean out any tren that remains inside the filter. Now all that you have to do is bake it three times in ten minute intervals at 225-250 degrees with a neddle sticking out of the top of the sterile vial to relieve the pressure. Good luck and correct me if i'm wrong on anything guys it has been a while since I have done this.

alter beast is offline New Member
    whats the purpose of the baking it for 10 minute intervals, I think one 20 minute bake at 250 will be fine.

Iconn is offline Associate Member
    You dont need to bake it unless you dont have a sterile vial.

alter beast is offline New Member
    Yeah you probably dont have to bake it but to me a few minutes of precautionary measures are worth more than a infection, abcess, you have to remember sterile vial or not you expose you fina and shit to the air, so bacteria can collect, I just think is better safe than sorry.

Thread Information