Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member

Cutting & Bulking at the same time......well sort of.......

We all know it's virtually impossible to cut & bulk at the same time....however...........

What is the time scale for switching from one to the other????

for example -

During a 16 weeker can you bulk for 9 weeks & then cut for 7 weeks?
    Giving bulk & cut all in one cycle?
    ( lets assume a good knowledge of diet & AS that allow for both options )

If this is possible ( I think it is ) then can we extrapolate and .....
    Do 2 weeks bulking - followed by 2 weeks cutting
    repeated 4 times (=16 weeks) = bulk and cut in same cycle?

If this would work then how small a time scale do you think you could get this down to?

1 week bulk, 1 week cut?

I know the choice of AS would be tricky, but you could use say Test prop & Eq.
    Also you'd have to be hardcore on diet & training styles.

This may not be as efficient as a full bulk followed by a full cut, but for ''mens health'' amateurs could it allow a nice steady improvement in LBM over one ''normal'' cycle length & keep you looking lean throughout cycle????
    Waddya think? BS idea or not?

Homer 8 is offline Associate Member
    this is a good question but i cant see one week on or off. can u cut immediatly after a bulking cycle

Unknown$$ is offline Associate Member
    bump

Jackman is offline Banned
    why wouldnt you just bulk for 10 weeks and cut for 6? or 8 and 8

Well I like to look ''good'' ie. lean throughout so I guess on a vanity level!

When I'm on I want to get laid more than ever, so I dont wanna be all puffy for the ladies!

Also I don't like to blow up then slim down - just draws the wrong kind of attention ( from friends / family / fellow gym members )

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    Well bro, you are going to find out the hard way that it is impossible to do. Your body is always looking to be in homeostasis. When your on juice, your hormones are all over the place and your body can't adapt easily. This is part of the reason why so many people lose a lot of what they gained post cycle. They start cutting calories and wanting to get shredded. Your body needs time to adapt to the new size to allow it to be the new set point. If you go right into cutting calories, you will definitely lose a lot of the hard earned gains you just made. That is why you need to keep the calories high throughout PCT and a couple weeks beyond that. It allows the body time to adapt while your hormones are getting back to normal. It becomes the new state of homeostasis.

As far as bulking and bloating, you can control that. There are many things to use to control bloating. And as far as staying somewhat lean, that is all in the diet and cardio. You can incorporate a little cardio into the bulk phase. Keep your diet pretty clean and your body will show it.

I'm not gonna try this ( well not yet anyhoo!!)
    Just asking a hypothetical question -
    I keep it all fairly lean through diet & cardio ( Test E + letro + Var + Nolva )

Was just wondering what you all thought the minimum ''switchover'' time would be...
    I'm sure 1 week bulk, 1 week cut is way too quick a switch, but there must be a point where it becomes feasable.......?

Bro, not many people will suggest that. That is why it is always said to do one, or the other. You can do lean cycles and gain some LBM. But it is not a good idea to try to switch from bulking to cutting in one cycle.
    Last edited by bluestrm; 10-05-2004 at 04:28 PM.

joevette is offline Banned
    I've bulked the first half and cut the second on some cycles. I liked it, and didn't lose any muscle on the cut half. I think it's the way to go personally.

hey joevette - what AS were you using? Did you change or add anything when you got to your cutting phase? ( eg Test E to Prop / adding winny etc..) Or was it just cardio / diet changes?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally, I don't like bulking and cutting back to back while on the gear for the following reason...you're recovering while you're coming off of Sauce, so why deprive your body at the END of your cycle? It's like a lose/lose. You lose too much hard earned muscle and if you're already down in weight, you're going to shrink even more. I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up less then what you weighed when you started you cycle.

I'd rather Cut first then Bulk right through PCT. The excess calories will help maintain some of the new muscle you put on moreso then cutting your calories.

I like your thinking RTB, but dont you find that bulking undoes alot of the good work you did while cutting ( ie increase BF ) so you're gonna have to cut at some point after your bulking cycle anyhow??

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    I like your thinking RTB, but dont you find that bulking undoes alot of the good work you did while cutting ( ie increase BF ) so you're gonna have to cut at some point after your bulking cycle anyhow??
    Yeah, but you can get away cutting using drugs like ECA, Yohim., Clen , Glutamine, etc...

There's a lot more in terms of Fat Loss in the market then there is for clean bulking.

Plus, coming off of a cycle, your concern is getting back to normal and keeping your gains. So even if you have to cut naturally after, you can with all the available supplements.

slash is god! is offline New Member
    u cut, then u bulk which undoes some work you did cutting, then you cut again which undoes some work you did bulking etc

Thread Information