Angelis is offline Banned

Exclamation Body Building Workout w/ Integrated Military training (6 days/wk) (overtraining?)

***** I posted this in Workout forum but there is no trafic there last post was yesterday at 5pm so im posting it here *****

6 Day Military & Bodybuilding Workout Schedule

I have spent a while on this 6 day workout schedule so pls give advise. It has emphasis on Upper body and has an integrated Military Style (Navy & Marine Corp) Workouts on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. I know this is probably overtraining but I would like you guys advise on this... I want to keep up a body building schedule but also add the military workout too for 2-3 days of the week... I was thinking off cutting out one of the military workouts what would you guys recomend... I would really like to keep this but I know its probably overtraining since its 6 days a week... so tell me what you think?

Monday: Abs & Chest & Triceps & Biceps

Abs:
    1. Crunches- 3 sets of 50, 50, 50 reps.
    2. Leg raises- 3 sets of 25, 20, 20 reps.

Chest:
    1. Incline dumbbell press- 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps.
    2. Flatbench barbell press- 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps.
    3. Incline dumbbell flies- 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps.
    4. Cable crossovers- 2 sets of 15, 12 reps.

Triceps:
    1. Pushdowns- 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps.
    2. Bent-over cable extensions using a rope- 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps.
    3. Dumbbell kickbacks- 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps.

Biceps:
    1. Incline dumbbell curls- 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps.
    2. Standing barbell curls- 4 sets of 15, 10, 8, 6 reps.

Tuesday: Military Workout

1. Grippers- Extend arms above your head, then quickly open and close your hands for 30 seconds. Repeat with arms in front and then to either side.

2. Side kicks- 10 left leg kicks and 10 right leg kicks. repeat this 2 or three times holding the back of a folding chair if necessary for support.

3. Shadowboxing- 10 lead hand jabs, 10 lead rear hand jabs, 10 left hooks, 10 right hooks, 10 left and right uppercuts. Repeat this series 2 or 3 times while moving on your feet like a boxer. As fitness builds use small hand weights or move into shoulder height water and perform same routine.

4. Chinese pushups- Bend over and put your legs on the floor and walk forwards until your torso and legs form an inverted V. Make a triangle w/ your hands by moving your thumbs and pointer fingers together then lower yourself with your arms until your nose touches the triangle repeat 5-10 times.

5. Resisted punching- Tie a bicycle innertube to a door handle and practice punching 10-20 w/ the lead hand and 10 -20 with the rear hand. For extra power twist your hips while delivering the punch.

6. Wall chair- Put your back up against a wall and walk your feet out until it looks like youre sitting on an invisible chair. Hold for 60 seconds. Do it twice.

7. Boot slappers- Stand w/ feet shoulder width apart squat down and slap the sides of your ankles then stand back up repeat 10 -20 times.

8. Dive bombers- Put your hand and toes on the floor so your body forms and inverted V, then in one fluid motion sweep your upper body down and and forward then drop your butt. Then push your torso up until your head is up your back is arched and your arms are straight. Hold this for a few seconds then push back to the start. (only your hands and toes ever touch the floor) repeat 5-10 times.

9. Star jumpers- Stand w/ feet shoulder width apart squat down explode upwards and extend your arms and legs. Repeat 10 times.

10. V ups- Lie on your back w/ legs and arms extended and keeping your knees and elbows locked simultaneously raise your arms and upper body while trying to touch your fingers to your toes.

11. Korean jumping jacks- Stand w/ your hands behind your head then drop down onto one knee stand back up, then do the same for the other leg. Alternate for 20 count.

12. Push aways- lie on your back with your legs 3 inches above the ground, hands on your chest, head curled forwards. Alternately bring each knee toward your head then forcefully kick forward. Don’t let your leg touch the ground. Do 10 with each leg.

13. Hip raises- lie on your back with your legs extended above you. Palms on the ground, raise your hips a few inches, using as little arm leverage as possible. Repeat 10 -15 times

14. Bicycle- lie on your back holding your arms behind your head, and legs a few inches off the ground alternately bring knees up to touch opposite elbows. Continue alternating for a count of 20. ( keep your feet off the floor at all times)

15. Swiss ball pushup- Put your hands on the floor and your toes on the top of the Swiss ball. Body straight eyes on the eyes on the ground. Do 15-20

17. Incline bench pull up- Lie w/ your chest on a 45 degree incline.
    Let arms hang down. Pull up and rotate weights towards ears, while pushing elbows down. Do a drop set, your max weight 15 times then 20 percent less for as many reps as possible.

Week 1
    4x15 push ups
    4x20 sit ups
    3x3 pull ups
    2 Km Day Running

Week 2
    5x20 push ups
    5x20 sit ups
    3x3 pull ups
    3 Km Running

Week 3
    5x25 push ups
    5x25 sit ups
    3x4 pull ups
    0 Km Running

Week 4
    5x25 push ups
    5x25 sit ups
    3x4 pull ups
    4 Km Running

Week 5 & 6
    6x25 push ups
    6x25 sit ups
    2x8 pull ups
    5 Km Running

Week 7 & 8
    6x30 push ups
    6x30 sit ups
    2x10 pull ups
    0 Km Running

Week 9
    6x30 push ups
    6x30 sit ups
    3x8 pull ups
    6 Km Running

Week 10
    6x35 push ups
    6x35 sit ups
    3x10 pull ups
    7 Km Running

Week 11
    6x40 push ups
    6x40 sit ups
    4x8 pull ups
    0 Km Running

Week 12
    6x45 push ups
    6x45 sit ups
    4x10 pull ups
    8 Km Running

Week 13
    6x50 push ups
    6x50 sit ups
    5x10 pull ups
    8 Km Running

Wednesday: Back & Legs

Back:
    1. Lat machine pulldowns to the front- 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps.
    2. Close grip pulldowns to the front- 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps.
    3. Seated cable rows- 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps.
    4. Hyper-extensions- 3 sets of 18, 18, 18 reps.

Legs:
    1. Squats- 5 sets of 15, 15, 12, 10, 8 reps.
    2. Leg extensions- 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps.
    3. Lunges- 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10 reps.
    4. Leg curls for hamstrings- 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps.
    5. Standing calf raises- 4 sets of 18, 18, 15, 12 reps.

Thursday: Military Workout
    (same as stated on Tuesday)

Friday: Shoulders & Biceps & Triceps & Chest & Abs

Shoulders:
    1. Barbell press behind the neck (Mil.) - 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps.
    2. Standing side laterals- 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps.
    3. Upright rows with barbell- 3 sets of 12, 12, 10 reps.
    4. Seated bent over dumbbell laterals- 4 sets of 15, 15, 12, 12 reps.

Biceps and Triceps superset:
    1. Tricep pushdowns on cable machine superset
    w/ barbell curls- 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps.
    2. Seated dumbbell extension superset
    w/ dumbbell hammer curls- 3 sets of 15, 12, 2, 10 reps.

Chest:
    1. Incline dumbbell press- 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps.
    2. Flatbench barbell press- 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps.
    3. Incline dumbbell flies- 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps.
    4. Cable crossovers- 2 sets of 15, 12 reps.

Abs:
    1. Crunches- 3 sets of 50, 50, 50 reps.
    2. Leg raises- 3 sets of 25, 20, 20 reps.

Saturday: Military Workout
    (Same as stated on Tuesday)

Sunday: Day off (Might do some Tai-Bo... I dont know I just like it )

*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*

Might try some swimming too, if i do heres the schedule:

Swimming Schedule
    (sidestroke with no fins... try for 4-5 days/week)
    (If there is no access to a pool at the time I will Bike)

Week 1 & 2
    Swim continuously for 15 minutes
    *or ride bike for 30min

Week 3 & 4
    Swim continuously for 20 minutes
    *or ride bike for 40min

Week 5 & 6
    Swim continuously for 25 minutes
    *or ride bike for 50min

Week 7 & 8
    Swim continuously for 30 minutes
    *or ride bike for 60min

Week 9
    Swim continuously for 35 minutes
    *or ride bike for 70min

* Trying to achieve swimming 50 meters in one minute or less.
    * My Goal is to reach 30 miles per Week of Running after about 2-3 yrs.

* As you can see allot of cardio want to try and get and keep single digit BF%
    * Eating about 4500 cals/ day (500g Protein / 400-500g Carbs / 75g fat)
    * 1.5 - 2 Gallons Water
    * 7 - 9 meals / day (3 consisting of shakes)

Oh yeah one question if im doing this much cardio... will it take away the nutrients neaded for my muscles... I Was planning on doing the running upon waking up and swimming (if I do it) after college right before work and working out at night after work... so I should replenish the nutrients I need with meals and I can recover with 7-8 hrs sleep/night!

My cycle will consist of:
    Wk 1-13 Test Prop 100mg/ed
    wk 1-12 Tren Ace 75mg/ed
    wk 7-13 Winny 50mg/ed (Oral-Drink)

How much could I expect to gain off this training & diet and cycle:

All in all I just wanna know what you guys think of all this and what could I fix?

Thanks in advance Bros for any insights or comments or even flames!

anyone who reads this and cant contribute pls bump for someone who can... I really want to know what people think about this!

tdawg is offline Associate Member
    bump

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    i wouldnt nesacerraly say you are overtraining,not if your getting enough sleep and your nutrition is up to par.i assume your intension is not to bulk either,because that would be almost impossable.
    i spent 6yrs in the Marine Corp and the only exercise on there i can say we did was the chinese pushups,other then that we did alot of running,bends and thrusts,mountain climbers,chinups and sittups and some more running.i remember in boot i lost 30# in 3 months while eating 10,000 cal ed.we were only able to eat 3x ed but all the meals were so calorie dense it was easy to get 3000-4000 cal a meal but the catch was you only had about 2min to get it down

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Ooh Rah DEVLDOG lucky you got to eat so much.. I was a **** diet recruit. I lost 54 lbs but I lost ALOT of muscle as well. I went from 213 with 19% bf to 174 with 9 % BUT In the long run I ended up making it up to 189 with 6% it was great. Any ways, on the question.. I wouldnt say thats over training b/c alot of it is calisthenics you can do that every day but I wouldn’t lol. Stick with 3 times a week And like delvdog said if your getting enough sleep and calories you’ll be fine. Now you might be eating to many calories and then you will get fat.. Tell us your stats b/c like I said depending on your weight and bf right now you may be getting to many or not enough calories you cant just throw out a number and be like yeah im gonna eat X amount of calories. Now on to your work out.. You are doing to many things for your "Military training". So if your gonna do it do it right. Marine corps training boot camp style.

This would be The DAILY 16 as used in the United States Marine Corps

First you have a warm up which is to be done for 2 minutes.
    Example would be start with double time in place (jogging in place) then punches to the front then to the sky, arm circles, Stop double timing im place, neck rotations, trunk rotations knee and ankle rotations..

NEXT would be stretching hold each stretch for 10 seconds
    Tri stretch, upper back, chest, itb stretch, which is the one where you are standing and cross one leg over the other and touch the floor. Then calf stretch, hip and back stretch, modified hurdler (take your right leg and tuck it into the inside of your left thigh, reach down toward your left foot as far as you can), then the groin stretch.

NEXT THE EXCERCISE 10 reps each for a warm-up Push ups, Dirty Dogs (just a basic said leg lift), Crunches, Wide pushups, Back extensions elbow to knee crunches, lunges, Side straddle hop (jumping jacks)

Then the Main event usually running for 20 to 30 min usually a squad formation run.

After that you will then do another Exercise card but now the reps are 20 instead of 10

Then another stretch card, Hold the stretches for 30 seconds and then your done.. Remember what I gave you are just examples. That is a day in Marine Corps boot camp...ENJOY.... Oh yeah in case your wondering how I know this **** im also a Marine..

Exclamation

yeah I looked over my eating and realised I was no where close to where I thought it would be...heres what it looks like:

*keep in mind I will be using T3 to metabolize as much of it as I can so dont go flamin about how most of it wont even be used...

and nutrition is all layed out below... and hours sleep as well... I was thinking of puttin in about 8 or 9 but I have to many things to do during the day to sleep that long so im hoping 7 is enough... I might try for 8 if I have the time!

Schedule:
    Mon: Low Carb / Swimming or Biking / BB Workout
    Tue: Low Carb / Running / Military Workout
    Wed: Ext. Low Carb / Swimming or Biking / BB Work out
    Thu: High Carb / Running / Military Workout
    Fri: Low Carb / Swimming or Biking / BB Workout
    Sat: Ext. Low Carb / Running / Military Workout
    Sun: Cheat Day / No Workout

Low Carb Day
    (Monday & Tuesday & Friday)

***Wake Up (6:00am)***

Meal 1: (8:00am)
    5 egg whites & 1 whole egg & 1 cup oats & 1 banana
    1 tbsp of honey

Meal 2: (10:00am)
    Protein Shake

Meal 3: (12:00pm)
    8 oz. of Chicken breast & 2 cups of rice & Broccoli

Meal 4: (2:00pm)

Meal 5: (4:00pm)
    10 oz of top round steak & Broccoli.

Meal 6: (6:00pm)
    6 egg whites

Meal 7: (9:00pm)
    Protein Shake

*PWO:
    1 Liter Gatorade

***Sleep (11:00am)***

KCals: 5067
    Protein: 533g
    Carbs: 527g
    Fat: 100g
    *Satu... 28g
    *Mono... 27g
    *Poly... 17g
    Fiber: 86g
    Sodium: 2.1g
    Potasium: 10.5g

Extremely Low Carb Day
    (Wednesday & Saturday)

Meal 1: (7:00am)
    4 egg whites & 2 whole eggs & 1 cup oats

Meal 2: (9:00am)
    Protein Shake

Meal 3: (11:00am)
    10 oz. of Chicken breast & 1 cup of rice & Broccoli

Meal 4: (1:00pm)

Meal 5: (3:00pm)

Meal 6: (5:00pm)
    12 oz of top round steak & Broccoli

Meal 7: (7:00pm)
    6 egg whites

Meal 8: (10:00pm)
    Protein Shake

*PWO:
    1 Liter Gatorade

KCals: 5761
    Protein: 682g
    Carbs: 463g
    Fat: 140g
    *Satu... 40g
    *Mono... 41g
    *Poly... 26g
    Fiber: 99g
    Sodium: 2.6g
    Potasium: 13.5g

High Carb Day
    (Thursday)

Meal 1: (8:00am)
    5 egg whites & 1 whole egg & 1 cup oats & 1 banana
    2 tbsp of honey

Meal 2: (10:00am)
    Protein Shake

Meal 3: (12:00pm)

Meal 4: (2:00pm)

Meal 5: (5:00pm)
    10 oz of top round steak & 2 cups of rice & Broccoli

Meal 7: (7:00pm)
    6 egg whites & 2/3 cups of oats

Meal 8: (10:00pm)
    Protein Shake w/ 1 cup oats

*PWO:
    1 Liter Gatorade

KCals: 6610
    Protein: 613g
    Carbs: 821g
    Fat: 104g
    *Satu... 26g
    *Mono... 27g
    *Poly... 19g
    Fiber: 120g
    Sodium: 2.3g
    Potasium: 11.8g

I know Thursday has Carbs after 5pm but its the best I could do what could one day do anyway .... I laugh now but cry later....

About the Marine Corp workout im just going by the official documents or it might have been navy seals...those one. I honestly dont know I got so many pages on workout and nutrition you wouldnt believe it!

Well thanks to anyone that could help...im gonna try this when my sh*t gets here from my source... I will keep you guys posted on the results!

im thinkin maybe cut a meal or two from each day...

im 23 ... BF% no idea havent checked in a long long time I use the old method of looking in the mirror... im about180-190lbs right now wanna get to about 200 with BF in the single digits... who knows could happen (its a long term goal) and im 5ft 9...well more 5-10!

burman is offline Junior Member
    6 days a week? yea that sounds like military. if you are enlisted and are curious about mixing military training and personal training than you can just ask. i know that if you are enlisted than doing p.t is not an option so you have to factor that stuff. if not than it is a really interesting workout schedule.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock191
    Ooh Rah DEVLDOG lucky you got to eat so much.. I was a **** diet recruit. I lost 54 lbs but I lost ALOT of muscle as well. I went from 213 with 19% bf to 174 with 9 % BUT In the long run I ended up making it up to 189 with 6% it was great. Any ways, on the question.. I wouldnt say thats over training b/c alot of it is calisthenics you can do that every day but I wouldn’t lol. Stick with 3 times a week And like delvdog said if your getting enough sleep and calories you’ll be fine. Now you might be eating to many calories and then you will get fat.. Tell us your stats b/c like I said depending on your weight and bf right now you may be getting to many or not enough calories you cant just throw out a number and be like yeah im gonna eat X amount of calories. Now on to your work out.. You are doing to many things for your "Military training". So if your gonna do it do it right. Marine corps training boot camp style.

This would be The DAILY 16 as used in the United States Marine Corps

First you have a warm up which is to be done for 2 minutes.
    Example would be start with double time in place (jogging in place) then punches to the front then to the sky, arm circles, Stop double timing im place, neck rotations, trunk rotations knee and ankle rotations..

NEXT would be stretching hold each stretch for 10 seconds
    Tri stretch, upper back, chest, itb stretch, which is the one where you are standing and cross one leg over the other and touch the floor. Then calf stretch, hip and back stretch, modified hurdler (take your right leg and tuck it into the inside of your left thigh, reach down toward your left foot as far as you can), then the groin stretch.

NEXT THE EXCERCISE 10 reps each for a warm-up Push ups, Dirty Dogs (just a basic said leg lift), Crunches, Wide pushups, Back extensions elbow to knee crunches, lunges, Side straddle hop (jumping jacks)

Then the Main event usually running for 20 to 30 min usually a squad formation run.

After that you will then do another Exercise card but now the reps are 20 instead of 10

Then another stretch card, Hold the stretches for 30 seconds and then your done.. Remember what I gave you are just examples. That is a day in Marine Corps boot camp...ENJOY.... Oh yeah in case your wondering how I know this **** im also a Marine..
    Semper Fi JarHead...i justg looked at your profile.you were 6yrs old when i was in Boot...**** i feel old now.....haha

what do you guys think about the diet if I am running about 2KM and working up to 8KM...and also Cycling or Swimming... should I change the diet or keep it like this?

OK like I said I need to know your stats.. Bf and weight. Need to know it b4 I can or any one can tell you anything about your diet..Im going to give you a very quick lesson on deit. Will start with The Law of Energy Balance:
    To lose weight, you must burn more calories
    than you consume each day.
    To gain weight, you must consume more calories
    Than you burn each day.

There are two corollaries to the law of energy balance. The first corollary says that
    too much of any food – even so-called “healthy” foods – will get stored as body fat. If you consume more calories than you burn, (you’re in a calorie surplus), it doesn’t matter what you eat; you will gain weight, usually in the form of body fat. If the calorie surplus is beyond what you need for muscle growth, then all extra calories will be converted into body fat. There’s no such thing as a diet where you can “eat all you want” and lose weight simply by eating one particular food, one food group or a special combination of foods – this is physiologically impossible. It’s also impossible to eat exorbitant amounts of calories (or protein) thinking that you’ll gain more muscle that way. No diet program has a “metabolic advantage” that can override the law of energy balance, no matter what combination of foods it prescribes.

Too much of ANYTHING will get stored as fat - even healthy food.

The second corollary of the law of energy balance

The second corollary of the law of energy balance says, if you are eating fewer
    calories than you are burning each day (you’re in a calorie deficit), then even if you eat “junk food,” you won’t store it as body fat.Corollary two should not be interpreted as a recommendation or a free license to eat anything you want in small quantities because you can “get away with it.” Obviously calorie quality is also important. However, knowledge of this corollary takes some of the pressure off you and allows you to relax your diet and enjoy “naughty” foods from time to time without guilt, as long as you do it in moderation. In other words, you can have your cake and eat it too, but you can’t eat the whole thing!

Corollary Two of the law of calorie balance
    Small amounts of ANYTHING - even junk food - will probably NOT get stored as fat if you are eating fewer calories than you burn up.

Now on to How to determine your daily caloric needs.This is known as your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE). TDEE is also known as your "maintenance level," because this is the level where your calorie “deposits” are exactly equal to your calorie “withdrawals.” TDEE is the total number of calories your body burns in 24 hours, including basal metabolic rate and all activities. Once you know your maintenance level, you will have a reference point from which to start.. Like I said b4 with out knowing your body fat and your weight I cant determine if your getting in to many or enough calories.

Your daily calorie requirements depend on six major factors. The formulas for
    calorie calculations you are about to learn take into account all six of these factors to get the most accurate estimate possible.

1) Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
    BMR is the total number of calories your body burns for normal bodily functions,
    including digestion, circulation, respiration, temperature regulation, cell construction, and every other metabolic process in your body. In other words, your BMR is the sum total of all the energy used for basic bodily functions, not including physical activity. BMR usually accounts for the largest amount of your daily calorie expenditure - about twothirds. BMR is at its lowest when you’re sleeping and you’re not digesting anything.

2) Activity Level
    Next to BMR, your activity level is the second most important factor in how many
    calories you need every day. The more active you are, the more calories you burn; it’s that simple. Become more active and you burn more calories. Sit on the couch all day long and you hardly burn any.

3) Weight
    Your total body weight and total body size are also major factors in the number of
    calories you require. The bigger you are, the more calories you’ll require to move your
    body.

4) Lean Body Mass (LBM)
    Total body weight correlates with the number of calories you require, but separating your total weight into its lean and fat components allows you to calculate your calorie needs even more accurately. The higher your LBM, the higher your BMR will be. This is very significant when you want to lose body fat because it means the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn at rest. Muscle is metabolically active tissue, and it requires a great deal of energy to sustain it. The best way to increase your BMR is toincrease your LBM. This is why you could say that weight training helps you lose body fat, albeit indirectly.

5) Age
    Metabolic rate tends to slow down with age. Therefore, the number of calories the
    average person requires also goes down with age. Fortunately, you can prevent and even reverse the age-related slowdown in metabolism by developing more muscle through weight training and nutrition.

6) Gender
    Men usually require more calories than women. The average male has a maintenance
    level of 2800 calories per day. The average female requires only 2000 calories per day to maintain. The reason for this difference is not so much a sex-related issue as a body
    weight and muscle mass issue; the average man carries much more muscle mass than the average female and this explains the spread in calorie requirements between men and women. Except for individual genetically-related differences in BMR, a 140 pound man and a 140 pound woman would have the same calorie requirements if their activity levels were identical.

Now on to A fast and easy method to determine how many calories you need is to use your total current weight times a multiplier for TDEE.

Fat loss = 12 - 13 calories per lb. of bodyweight

Maintenance (TDEE) = 15-16 calories per lb. of bodyweight

Weight gain = 18 to 20+ calories per lb. of bodyweight

This is a very easy method to estimate caloric needs, but its most obvious
    drawbacks are not taking into account activity levels or body composition. If you’re
    extremely active, this formula will underestimate your calorie requirements.

The best method would be BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

Activity factor

Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)

Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)

Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)

Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)

Extr. Active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or
    2 X day training, marathon, football camp,contest, etc.)

Example:
    You are male
    You weigh 242 (109 kilos)
    Your body fat percentage is 26% (62.9 lbs fat, 180 lbs lean)
    Your lean mass is 180 (81.8 kilos)
    Your BMR = 370 + (21.6 X 81.8) = 2136.9 calories
    To determine TDEE from BMR, you simply multiply BMR by the activity factor:

Continuing with the previous example:
    Your BMR is 2136.9
    Your activity level is moderately active (you work out 3-4 times per week)
    Your activity factor is 1.55
    Your TDEE = 1.55 X 1766.9 = 3312 calories

See this is very very very simple stuff.. Im done im going to bed.. Please no more questions on how we think your diet looks until you can give me some basic info......

I put my stats bro except BF% bcs I dont know it at this point in time... and I dont care if ur the diet recruit show a little more respect and read before you post next time. Ive calculated it all already... I just wanted to get some opinions about it how it looks.

Heres how my daily excercises generally look:

Sleeping: 8hrs - 635cals
    Sitting (Eating): 1hr - 89cals
    Walking / Standing: 4hrs - 843cals
    Running: 1hr - 992cals
    Swimming (Moderate): 1hr - 476cals
    Weight lifting: 1hr - 445cals
    Desk Work: 2hr - 318cals
    Watching TV: 2hr - 238cals
    Working: 8hrs - 1905cals

at my physical level I should generally be consuming about a litle less than 6000cals day... I know what the f*ck im doing dont try and show me up bro I really dont appreciate it. To everyone else that had input thanks bros!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    I put my stats bro except BF% bcs I dont know it at this point in time... and I dont care if ur the diet recruit show a little more respect and read before you post next time. Ive calculated it all already... I just wanted to get some opinions about it how it looks. "

at my physical level I should generally be consuming about a litle less than 6000cals day... I know what the f*ck im doing dont try and show me up bro I really dont appreciate it. To everyone else that had input thanks bros!

OK number one a diet recruit is a recruit that is over the maxium weight in bootcamp... Im not trying to flame you or not show respect. Im trying to tell you that I can not tell you anything about your diet until I know your bodyfat..I dont even know how you figured out how many calories you need with out knowing your lean body mass. Its just not possible and Its that simple.Oh and Im not trying to show you up either.. If you think you need 6000 calories at 180- 190 lbs im telling you right now your gonna get fat..Even if you were 190 with 4% body fat to gain muslce you only need 4605 callories a day and thats with a Extremly Active Activity factor.. But you said your double digits in bf and ill give you the high end of weight Ill put you at 190 and ill give you 10% bf your gonna need 4088 Cal. to gain muscle.. Once again im not trying to show you up Im just trying to help you out.. I cant help it if you caculated wrong.. Also with doing all the cardio you will lose some muscle which will make it harder for you to get that single digit bf..
    Last edited by Jock191; 10-06-2004 at 12:34 PM.

I have a program that I got it uses your weight & height (BMI) / activity schedule / Age and gender so it probably generalizes... but from my understanding you dont need to know ur LBM to be able to calculate how many calories you expend your still pulling the same amount of weight around doesnt matter if its fat or muscle or water its still that weight ur pulling around.... the only way I would need it is to calulate exactly how much fat im gonna lose and there I was just looking for a general answer...

heres what im doing anyway:

1. Taking a meal or two off every day of the week.
    2. Use about 5000 cals/day
    3. Consume about 5000 cals/day

AND you cant gain any weight if you consume the same amount of cals ur going to use in a day bcs it is all used and none is converted into fat... im also using T3 to be able to use all those Protein / Carbs / Fat without anything being wasted!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    I have a program that I got it uses your weight & height (BMI) / activity schedule / Age and gender so it probably generalizes... but from my understanding you dont need to know ur LBM to be able to calculate how many calories you expend your still pulling the same amount of weight around doesnt matter if its fat or muscle or water its still that weight ur pulling around.... the only way I would need it is to calulate exactly how much fat im gonna lose and there I was just looking for a general answer...

AND you cant gain any weight if you consume the same amount of cals ur going to use in a day bcs it is all used and none is converted into fat... im also using T3 to be able to use all those Protein / Carbs / Fat without anything being wasted!
    Number one BMI is a lousy indicator of your health, fitness or ideal weight.I wont even get into why.. Now about knowing your LBM to cauculate your Cals needed. Your right you dont need it but if If you dont mind having an off answer.. You can be 240 lbs with 4 % bf or with 28 % bf. Do you think they need to same amount of cals? NO they guy with 4% needs way more b/c he has way more muscle.
    Total body weight correlates with the number of calories you require, but separating your total weight into its lean and fat components allows you to calculate your calorie needs even more accurately. The higher your LBM, the higher your BMR will be. This is very significant when you want to lose body fat because it means the more muscle you have,the more calories you will burn at rest. Muscle is metabolically active tissue, and it requires a great deal of energy to sustain it. Your burning cals. Has almost NOTHING to do with how much you weigh, Its about your Lean body mass. Remember this. Every lb of muscle you have burns 50 cals vs. very lbs of fat which burns 3 cals. So yeah knowing your LBM is on the only way to know how many cals your actually need.

Magicz is offline Associate Member
    For me i do recommend a 5 days training a week, because i tried workin out for 7 a week and 6 a week and 5, and the best was working out 5 days a week.

Thread Information