Unknown$$ is offline Associate Member

AH! never anyone in other forums...Better to run on tredmill or on streets for cardio

which is the best way for cardio?

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    the best form of cardio is your favorite one.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    i think its preference. i get bored running down the street, on the tredmill i have the radio and TV to entertain me while i am exercising. there are too many obstacles on the street for me too, i think the tredmill is better on the legs as well, less shinsplints and things of that nature. JMO

Jackman is offline Banned
    yea my legs kill when runing on the street,much better for me to run on a machine. But if the street dont bother you go with the one your less bored on.

maxamillion is offline Associate Member
    Treadmill sucks. When I'm running I actually like to go somewhere, and see diferent ****. I run on a dirt trail in a canyon that has a river along it. It beats a danm treadmill anytime

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamillion
    Treadmill sucks. When I'm running I actually like to go somewhere, and see diferent ****. I run on a dirt trail in a canyon that has a river along it. It beats a danm treadmill anytime
    i see different stuff when i run on the treadmill and if i dont like what im seeing i just change the channel.

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    Treadmill and street kill the knees, I use a gliding cross trainer

I just have someone run for me

wildman536 is offline Junior Member
    Outside in the Heat!!

Magicz is offline Associate Member
    if u can run in the street in the early am 5-7am this will be great.

maxamillion is offline Associate Member
    why cant you run outside, early in the morning or late in the evening????

Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member
    i find eliptical machines are best for your joints and give a similar workout in comparison to running. I prefer treadmils the best because you can also change the angle of the treadmill to increase your workout

MsHeadBanger is offline Junior Member
    Run sprints. Nothing gives you more wind than running sprints. As a fighter, I realized that running sprints, (uphill or stairs) two to three times a week gets you in better shape than if you ran 5 miles a day. I might not be able to help on AAS b/c I'm new...and...well don't know a **** thing about them, BUT I can help you on that, lol! Sprint uphill on a 50 75ft incline, or sprint stairs, ala, Rocky. You will have more endurance, and more explosive power.

MsHeadBanger is offline Junior Member
    Oh, it is best to run in the morning, when you first wake up. Your metabolism is highest then.

seanw is offline Banned
    Why run when you can walk on the treadmill. I have an MP3 player with all the cardio tracks I like that I walk to the beat of. I walk for 50 mins three times a week with my HR at 75%, with the music the time flys buy. I think running sucks it is way to hard on your joints. No reason you cant do the same thing on the street as well.

IronAdam is offline Member
    Unless you're running for cardiovascular fitness, I'd say use an eliptical or walk like the person above said. If your intention is to burn fat, the intensity of running will not benefit you. You want your heart rate at 65-75% max...so 200-age*(.75)= target fatloss heart rate.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MsHeadBanger
    Oh, it is best to run in the morning, when you first wake up. Your metabolism is highest then.
    It is best to run in the am, but not because your metabolism is highest then. Its best to run then as it will raise your metabolism for the day. ALso, your glycogen levels are at their lowest when you wake up so you will benefit more of the fat loss for energy conversion as long as you don't eat first.

Thread Information