J_Rod245 is offline Associate Member

Question Why does my body look like a bruise???

Yesterday while working out, my roommate said I had black stuff on my back. I looked in the mirror and I had big patches of my upper back that looked like they were slightly bruising. After each set I would notice this but it would go away......what the hell is it?????

dogsofwar is offline Member
    Thats strange but none the less. Bruising can be caused by anemia.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    I have the same thing and its not anemia (IMO) I have had it for as long as I can remember. I have not used gear until recently I decided to try it so its not that. I told the doctor about it and he said its blood flow and not neccessarily a problem. My shoulders and back look like they have dimples about the size of dimes that appear to be bruises but go away after the pump goes down. Let me ask you this are you extremely strong, stronger than most of your friends? I am "naturally stronger than most people in my gym even guys twice my size I think that "blood flow" has something to do with it.

needle is offline Senior Member
    Sounds weird to me?

J_Rod245 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantC5
    I have the same thing and its not anemia (IMO) I have had it for as long as I can remember. I have not used gear until recently I decided to try it so its not that. I told the doctor about it and he said its blood flow and not neccessarily a problem. My shoulders and back look like they have dimples about the size of dimes that appear to be bruises but go away after the pump goes down. Let me ask you this are you extremely strong, stronger than most of your friends? I am "naturally stronger than most people in my gym even guys twice my size I think that "blood flow" has something to do with it.
    I am pretty strong yes. I have never noticed it before but I havent ever looked for it before either. I remember Jay Cutler talking about it in his video too. I just cant remember what he said about it. It seems like he said his doctor told him it was just blood flow too.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    I have been lifting since I was 12 years old and noticed it when I was around 19 I am still alive and no problems so I wouldn't worry about it. I have gotten some weird comments about it though, OH MY GOD LOOK AT YOUR BACK!!!!!!! its bruised and then it would go away. LOL . I wouldn't worry too much just make sure your breathing right when you lift.

youknowme is offline Member
    I have that exact same thing on my back...it's a bit larger for me though...it's the size of a grapefruit...it's only visable when I worked up a pump in the body...

Thread Information