jmiro is offline Associate Member

how much cardio is too much cardio

for fat burning purposes only, dont really care about muscle catabolism. on saturday mornings I generally wake up early do a spinning class, run for an hour, and then take another spin class. so like 3 hrs of cardio between 50-80% max heartrate on an empty stomach, what am I burning up principally, Im afraid its mostly protein and lean body mass. can someone help me

Firmbottoms is offline Junior Member
    You need to provide more information...what is your cal intake per day,is your diet correct,how many times a week do you do cardio,what are your aims,what is your bf%

By the sounds of it you are both burning fat but could be in danger of losing muscle as well...this will result in you picking up injuries in later life..as a rule you should do no more than 1hour cardio per day four times aweek with a mixture of classes/exercises...running ,spinning circiut training and throw in some weights to build up strength.....dont burn your self out bud you will live to regret it..I did and I am full of Arthritis in my impact joints

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I only do 45 min, first thing in the morning on empty stomach, that helps me loose about 2 lbs a week, wich translate to about 1% body fat for me. And i am also dieting for a show, so the diet is very strict. At three hours a day without any seriouse amounts of drugs (anabolics) i would say you are looking at 50-50 split between muscle and fat, 3 hrs. a day, i think it's way to much...my 2 cent....MIKE_XXL

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    when you start losing strength, that could be a good sign of losing muscle. that is when i believe you've done too much cardio, unless you're cutting hard for a comp or a special event

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I hate cardio, if I could get away with 2 minutes I would. I do 20-40 min five times a week when preparing for a show.

jmiro is offline Associate Member
    what about everyday for 30-40 minutes at 60-70% max hr.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    From what people have been telling me, 3 hours is WAY too much. I used to do about 90 minutes of cardio, and people told me to cut down a bit. Now I only do about 45-60 minutes a day for about 4-5 days a week.

Try something like that and see how it works for you.

Thread Information