scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member

Best time for a week off??

Lately, due to an injury to my shoulder while on cycle, i feel that my body is in some serious need for some time off. my only dillemma is whether i should take the time off near the end of my cycle (as to be sure not to lose any muscle gained) or to take this time off shortly after finishing pct. keep in mind that i'm only wanting a week off. as always any opinions are appreciated

ST54

bump for some info

not2bigyet is offline Member
    I would think you would be more likely to lose muscle if you take time off after PCT then if your on cycle (also mentally not being in the gym might get to you, it fuks with my head)...I would take the week off ASAP...also to avoid further injury...

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not2bigyet
    I would think you would be more likely to lose muscle if you take time off after PCT then if your on cycle (also mentally not being in the gym might get to you, it fuks with my head)...I would take the week off ASAP...also to avoid further injury...
    yes, mid cycle is when you'd want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    yes, mid cycle is when you'd want to do it.
    i agree that would've been best, but now i only have about 2 more weeks on. how should i approach this situation?

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    i agree that would've been best, but now i only have about 2 more weeks on. how should i approach this situation?
    You don't need to take a full week off bro. A, take it easy with exercises hard on the shoulder. Take three days off, and get back into it. Keep the intensity, but lower the weight.

Save up for when your test levels start dropping and you enter PCT. You'll up your calories and up switch up your training, but you will still be intense. So relax for a few days if you feel like you need it.

Doc

Thread Information