Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member

wtf...arm is turning purple and hurts when i move it

i'm not sure weather this is from an injection site infection or from pulling a muscle or something...
    i am getting married in a couple weeks and have been on a cycle for about 3 weeks. i wanted to be in good shape for my honeymoon after taking a couple months off after a car accident. well, i had started out fine after. This would be the start of my 4th cycle and i have never had any real problems. well i worked shoulders/ traps last saturday and popped myself in the delt on sunday. Monday i felt a small discomfort in my shoulder, which is normal after a test shot. I disregarded it cuz it always happens no matter where you stick yourself. well tuesday the pain got worse and i felt it might be a small bacterial infection or buildup of oil which dissipitates in a couple days. well by the end of the day i could not put my arm down to the side unless it was in a forward direction. i have a hard time reaching into my back pocket or twisting my arm back because i would get a pain in my front and side delt. looking in the mirror you can see that my right shoulder is lower and my trap looks flexed, while my left shoulder looks normal. i also cant lift my right arm as in the motion of doing a shrug because i get a sharp pain in the delt. my arm is hanging lower and is in a forward motion. it looks like its dislocated, but i dont think so because i did not feel anything get pulled during my last workout. i didnt know what to do so i decided to give it another day and slept on it last night. well i did not get much better today. the range of motion is slightly better today, but i think that might be me getting used to the pain. I also noticed that part of my shoulder and bicep is turning red, but i am of hispanic background so i dont turn purple. My arm also feels a little swollen, as if i got a good workout pump even though i havent been to the gym in 2 days. i dont know what to do. i do not have medical insurance and have racked up more than 25 grand in wedding expenses and loans in the last couple months. the last thing i want to do now is pay another bill, especially a doctors bill which could be in the thousands. any opinions?

LimitsAreNothing is offline Associate Member

check

check the forums for the classic symptoms of an infection. I am not saying thats what it is, because I dont know. But check the common symptoms so you can rule in or out infection. Just my .02
    lan

seanw is offline Banned
    Surely going to the local Doctor and getting a diagnosis isnt going to cost thousands. I know the Health Care system in the US is screwed but it aint THAT screwed. Bro, people here are not Doctors, whatever they tell you will be a guess at best. Go to a professional and have it looked at.

i guess i'll give it another day and if the swelling or redness gets worse, then i'll see a doc.
    i know people on here arent doctors, but most likely they will experience these situations more often than a doctor will. I've seen many small to medium sized lumps in my friends quads and arms from injections gone bad. They all disperse after a couple days. my worry is caused by my loss of range of motion.

anyone else?

steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member
    Had a similar xperience, pain got real bad, went to the doc. Had an infection, early signs got an AB and that was that totaol cost $200. Price of still having arm PRICELE$$.

pain is down 75% today. arm movement almost back to normal. Swelling down a bit and redness still the same today. Due to drastic improvement i am going to give it another day. I started taking amox yesterday and that might have helped if it was a bacterial infection. thanks for the help

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    sounds like you just hit a nerve

J_Rod245 is offline Associate Member
    I had that happen to me. By about a week later my whole arm was discolored. I happen from a bi injection. My doc said it was hematoma. (bleeding in my arm) most likely caused by hitting a major vein or artery. It went away after about two weeks. Mine also only hurt for about a couple days

sniper320 is offline Member
    sounds like the guys arm in requim of a dream.

kelkaz is offline Junior Member
    most probably you hit a vein, go and see a doc immediately, dont take any risk at all.

my arm is at 90% today. range of motion is back completely with only a very slight pain. the arm is still a little red, but i feel fine so i will play it off.

Thread Information