IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

is this bogus or true? interesting read

so, is this bull**** or fact. what do you bros think?

The major side effects of anabolic steroid use include liver tumors, jaundice (yellowish pigmentation of skin, tissues, and body fluids), fluid retention, enlargement of the heart, (a precursor to heart failure), high blood pressure, atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries, (a precursor to coronary heart disease) elevated cholesterol levels, heart palpitations, heart attack, and finally steroids can impair the kidneys leading to kidney stones and kidney disease.

Some others are severe acne and trembling.

Additional Side Effects

Additional side effects include the following:

For men - shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts.

For women - growth of facial hair, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, enlargement of the clitoris, deepened voice.

For adolescents - growth halted pre maturely through premature skeletal maturation and accelerated pubertal changes.

Changes

Athletes that use steroids can be identified by:

a) Quick weight and muscle gain
    b) Purple or red-colored spots on the body
    c) Swelling of feet or lower legs
    d) Trembling
    e) Unexplained darkening of the skin
    f) Bad breath
    g) Increased aggressive behavior ("roid rage ")

Finally you should not forget that some physiological effects of steroid use can have profound effects on the mind, causing temporary personality changes in some. Users may exhibit uncontrolled aggression and violent behavior called "roid rage", in addition to severe mood swings, manic episodes, and depression.

The facts and the scientific evidence that we have to support how hazardous the use of anabolic steroids can be for your health is plenty. But I would prefer to present to you 5 of the most profound examples. After searching a lot and spending a lot of time trying to find the 5 best, here they are!

My first two facts will be based on the most important muscle in the human body. The heart! When one uses anabolic steroids, they do because they want their muscles to grow right?

Ok, as we said, steroids do make your muscles grow more (that's the good part), but they affect ALL the body's muscle growth (including the heart of course, and thats the bad part). The heart is a muscle that is also affected by steroids and the health consequences can be very very serious.

Fact 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A group of bodybuilders who used steroids were compared to bodybuilders who had never used steroids. The men's hearts were examined using echocardiography, (a type of sonar picture that allows doctors to see the heart without having to use any invasive procedures).
    They found that during steroid cycles the users had left ventricles (the main pumping chamber of the heart) that were 25% greater in mass than the non-users! This increas in mass caused the walls of the steroid user's heart muscle to be almost 20% thicker while on steroids! Although the heart was bigger during active steroid use, the cardiovascular fitness of these individuals was nearly 18% less than non-users.

When the steroid users were off the steroids, their heart size decreased, but never fully returned to its normal size!(1,2) Now, if some of you think that it was just a "coincidence" and nothing more, read very carefully the second fact.

Fact 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A study published in the journal "Cardiology" (1997;88:50-51), offered a unique perspective of the effects of long term anabolic steroid usage and heart function. The study was unique because it involved fraternal twin bodybuilders, one of whom has used steroids for 15 years, while the other was drug free. Both of these men had trained for over 20 years.
    They were described in the study as "extremely large with profound muscular hypertrophy". They had won several state and national titles in bodybuilding and powerlifting. The twins had bodyfat levels below 10 percent, and followed the same diet and training regime on a yearly basis.

The primary test to access their cardiac function was echocardiography. (As I previously said, it's a machine that uses reflected ultra sonic waves to show the structure and function of the heart.)

Both men showed normal blood pressure readings. The drug-free twin showed a testosterone level of 6.2 nanongrams per mililiter of blood, and the steroid twin had a higher than normal level of 11.5 ng/ml! (The normal range for testosterone is 2.8-8.8, and as you can easily understand, the steroid twin had testosterone levels almost 3 times the high normal level)

The echocardiography tests showed that both men, with similar genetic backrounds and the same training and diet regimes, showed little difference in gross heart function. However, the steroid user showed a LARGER left ventricular wall size with a decreased ventricular compliance. (That means that the pumping chamber of his heart was LARGER than his brother's, while also being a bit stiffer!)

The heart stiffness that occurs in steroid-using bodybuilders is thought to be brought on by an increased sensitivity of heart muscle to catacholamines, such as epinephrine, induced by steroids. And guess what friends, this scenario may have played a role in the sudden deaths due to heart failure that have occured in a small percentage of regular steroid users.

Fact 3

Cohen and co-workers at the University of Witwatersrand Medical School in Johanesburg, South Africa, examined the influence of self administered amabolic steroids on lipids in bodybuilders.
    Ten men used a steroid drug and eight men served as controls (placebo). The two groups were equal in their physical and competitive characteristics. The scientists found that serum lipoprotein (L-a) a genetic determinant of risk for cardiac disease, was reduced. (HDL-C over LDL-C was reduced).

That means that lipid profile investigations of individuals taking anabolic steroids have shown that high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C, a.k.a good cholesterol), decreases, while low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C a.k.a bad cholesterol), increases! (3)

Fact 4

A study published in the British Medical Journal (313;4-5:1996), looked at five cases of steroid using bodybuilders who had showed up at an infertility clinic. While the men in this study took extensive doses of several anabolic steroids, none of them claimed to know about the fertility reprecussions associated with long term use of the drugs. Incredibly, all of these men, showed ZERO sperm counts!
    Fact 5

This fact has to do with GH. Shortly before his death, one famous former pro football player (a big name in 80's), attributed his brain cancer to a long course of anabolic steroids which he claimed to have used for nearly 26 years. But in other statements, this unfortunate pro footballer, suggested that his more recent use of human growth hormone was the thing that really kindled his fatal brain T-cell lymphoma.
    More recently, one very famous bodybuilder (I won't say his name but I bet most of you will understand immediately to whom I am refering), said that according to his doctors who treated him for leukemia, it was not his use of anabolic steroids that caused the disease, but rather the growth hormone injections he has also taken!

(Also you have to know that there is research showing an increased incidence of leukemia in Japanese children being treated for growth hormone deficiency and dwarfism!) (4)

Conclusion

After reading these 5 facts friends, I hope you have realized that steroid use is totally worthless for you. There is no point in getting a great body, then also a "sick" body. There is no point in looking good now, just to look terrible after 10-20 years. (If you can stay alive.)

Every person's priority should be to live longer and healthier! Many bodybuilders now might say that I am exaggerating things. I have heard often: "C'mon John, I am not doing many cycles per year, I am taking great care, I know where to stop", etc.)

Well, in my next week's article, I will tell you my personal thoughts, and what I believe will be the future of bodybuilding as a sport. (Also giving some good suggestions to make the sport better). Stay tuned!

References:

1. Melchert RB, Welder AA. Cardiovascular effects of androgenic -anabolic steroids. Med. Sci. Sports Exer., 1995:27:1252-1262

2. Sachtleben TR, et al. The effects of anabolic steroids on myocardial structure and cardiovascular fitness. Med. Sci. Sports Exer., 1992;25:1240-1245

3. Cohen, L.l. et al. Lipoprotein (a) and cholesterol in bodybuilders using anabolic androgenic steroids. Med. Sci. Sports Exer. 28(2):176-179, 1996

4. Blethen, S. (1998). Leukemia in children treated with growth hormone. Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, 9: 367-370.

[email protected]

Recommend this article to a friend by e-mail by clicking here!

Visitor Reviews Of This Article!
    Read Visitor Reviews - Write Your Own Review

Back To John Stamatopoulos' Main Page

Back To The Articles Main Page.

Related Articles
    The Truth About Steroids.
    Steroid Q & A Part 8!
    Sample Steroid Stacks

Twinlab Daily One Caps

Bodybuilding.com - Twinlab Daily One Caps (with or without Iron) Multiple Vitamin and Mineral! On sale now!
    Learn More!

Home | SuperSite | Articles | CyberStore | Product Listing | E-mail | Search
    © Bodybuilding.com, 361 Steelhead Way, Boise, ID 83704
    Disclaimer

JDog3497 is offline Associate Member
    makes u think a lil, but i believe they mostly talk about long term steroid use as in people who use them for years at a time. isnt that the idea behind cycles of steroid use. the should do research on that, and see if they can claim the same things.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    the purple spots are a dead giveaway. looking at one right now on my bicep

CatGrabber is offline Member
    BAD BREATH!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything else I believe

"AUSSIEBLOKE" is offline Junior Member
    Only when steroids are abused regularly are u likeley to come across some nasty side affects, other than the usual pimples and bloated look.

those people kind of have a tendency to twist things around and forget about a word called abuse.

but the whole heart thing kind of makes you think. does your heart actually become smaller than it was before the gear if you cycled CORRECTLY????

LimitsAreNothing is offline Associate Member

Gotta love the spin

HERE THIS! These are all sideffects of steroid ABUSE !!! Stop trying to spin it to sound like using resposibly and abusing steroids has the same side effects! I like the studies you posted, they are interesting. But lets stop the spin and look at the facts! We all know about the side effects of steroid use . And with proper knowlage and PCT those side effects can be minimized to a tollerable level. Lets get some studies on some steroid users and then we can talk.
    Respectfully
    LAN

blondmyth is offline Associate Member
    preach it nigga!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LimitsAreNothing
    HERE THIS! These are all sideffects of steroid ABUSE !!! Stop trying to spin it to sound like using resposibly and abusing steroids has the same side effects! I like the studies you posted, they are interesting. But lets stop the spin and look at the facts! We all know about the side effects of steroid use . And with proper knowlage and PCT those side effects can be minimized to a tollerable level. Lets get some studies on some steroid users and then we can talk.
    Respectfully
    LAN
    wo wo wo i am withya bro. i agree with everything your say. all i wanted to know is if anyone actually knows for sure that if you use correctly, will your heart be smaller at the end of the correct cycle

joevette is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    wo wo wo i am withya bro. i agree with everything your say. all i wanted to know is if anyone actually knows for sure that if you use correctly, will your heart be smaller at the end of the correct cycle
    Read that part again. It says that while taking AAS the heart increases in size above what it would normally be. Then once AAS are stopped the heart decreases in size but still remains larger than normal, it's just smaller than when using AAS.

Gilster is offline Member
    This fact has to do with GH. Shortly before his death, one famous former pro football player (a big name in 80's), attributed his brain cancer to a long course of anabolic steroids which he claimed to have used for nearly 26 years. But in other statements, this unfortunate pro footballer, suggested that his more recent use of human growth hormone was the thing that really kindled his fatal brain T-cell lymphoma.
    They are talking about Lyle Alzado. He made a LOT of Bullsh** claims back when this all came down for him. I hate the dude. He lied like it he owned the right to lie. There are 2 important facts to remember about this one fact here.

1. Lyle Alzado used GH retrieved from cadavers. Synthetic GH was not available when he used it. When using GH from DEAD BODIES, you will get all the possible diseases and other problems associated from this illegal practice of the time. Using GH from DEAD BODIES was NEVER a legal practice. So, if he used GH it was extracted from dead people's pituitary glands.

2. Lyle Alzado was known to frequent gay clubs and bath houses, in the Oakland and San Fransisco area he played football in, during the early 80's. He lost A LOT of weight during his illness and looked like most AIDS patients of the early 80's. He did not die of brain cancer, but instead died of pneumonia, like most other people with aids at the time died of. During the early days of the AIDS epidemic people hid the fact that they died or were infected with AIDS. Pneumonia was a commonly stated cause of death on death certificates instead of AIDS.

I had 2 cousins who died during that time and it was obvious they died of AIDS, but they also told me they had it. Instead of saying they died of aids, the families and the death certificates stated pneumonia as cause of death. AIDS had a VERY scary effect on people when it first came out. People were scared to death about it. If a member of your family had AIDS then your whole family was cast aside and no one wanted to be near you for fear of being infected.

Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Read that part again. It says that while taking AAS the heart increases in size above what it would normally be. Then once AAS are stopped the heart decreases in size but still remains larger than normal, it's just smaller than when using AAS.
    i was talking about this quote -When the steroid users were off the steroids , their heart size decreased, but never fully returned to its normal size!(1,2) Now, if some of you think that it was just a "coincidence" and nothing more, read very carefully the second fact.

i am under the impression that their heart shrunk to smaller than it was before they used. I am under the impression that the user they were talking about was a long term user.

i just want to hear the words in black or white whether or not that will happen to your heart if you cycle correctly

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I am no scientist but this is the little boy crying wolf, hear about vioxx (sp?) AS is a known commodity and has been for years there are major fears and hype behind it. If we all really knew the drugs that they did and are prescribing to patients right now and the REAL sides we would burn down the drug companies. This is big time BBer sides. Not what most of us are doing.

Everyone is afraid of the big muscular guy, he might kick sand in their face!LOL

Aj2002 is offline Junior Member
    Ive never cycled more than 8 weeks at a time, w/o at least 16 weeks off,never used more than 20mgs of dbol a day,never more than 400mgs of test or deca a week, used tren and prop at 70mgs eod and 70mgs ed for 4 weeks total and my liver crapped out,.....toxic hepatitus....sick for 2months lost 30lbs lost over 100lbs on bench...had all the classic liver symptoms,jaundice,nauseau,weakness,vomiting,itchin g ect...first thing the liver doc asked was had I been using test........If he asked that based just on my bloodwork,the docs must see it enough to know what to look for .I believe theres quite a bit of truth to it........everyones different,your more likely if your abusing them,....but hey
    Aj

joevette is offline Banned
    i was talking about this quote -When the steroid users were off the steroids , their heart size decreased, but never fully returned to its normal size!(1,2) Now, if some of you think that it was just a "coincidence" and nothing more, read very carefully the second fact.

i am under the impression that their heart shrunk to smaller than it was before they used. I am under the impression that the user they were talking about was a long term user.

i just want to hear the words in black or white whether or not that will happen to your heart if you cycle correctly
    I see how you could take that a couple of ways. What I believe he means is that the heart never returned to normal size after being enlarged and then shrinking some. It still ends up larger than normal, thus it never goes back to normal size.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Scary stuff, but what worries me is this bad breath thing, are they serious, dont wanna have bad breath, my gane will go down the drain an dwill have to quit been a player, scaryy!!!

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Testosterone and Your Ticker
    The Positive Effects of Testosterone on the Heart
    by Doug Kalman MS, RD

Steroids will cause your kidneys to implode, your heart to blow a ventricle, and your liver to squirt out of your arse, fly across the room, and knock the cat off the futon. We read it on the Internet and saw an after school special about it, so it must be true, right?

Actually, the more you learn about steroids, the more you come to realize that, like all drugs, there's a difference between their intelligent use and outright abuse. In this article, Doug Kalman takes a look at the effects of Testosterone on the heart. What he found may surprise you.

Over the years we've all heard the repeated mantra that anabolic steroids are bad for the heart. Some physicians will tell you that gear raises your risk of heart disease by lowering your good cholesterol (HDL) and raising your bad cholesterol (LDL). In fact, as some docs will tell you, steroids are known to even induce cardiac hypertrophy (enlargement of the heart). And since you can't flex your heart in an effort to woo women, who'd want that?

But, as in every story, there's more than one side. In fact, let it be said, the dangers of steroids are overstated and, hold onto your seats, may even be good for the heart. Let's examine some of the scientific studies on the positive effects of Testosterone on the heart.

What are the cardiovascular effects of steroids ?

Cardiologists at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Australia recruited both juicing and non-juicing bodybuilders for a study. Each bodybuilder had various aspects of the heart measured (carotid intima-media thickness, arterial reactivity, left ventricular dimensions, etc.). These measurements indicate whether bodybuilding, steroid usage or both affect the function, size, shape and activity of the heart.

The doctors found some obvious and not so obvious results. Predictably, those bodybuilders who used steroids were physically stronger than those who didn't. What was surprising was that the use of steroids was not found to cause any significant changes or abnormalities of arterial structure or function.

In essence, when the bodybuilders (both groups) were compared with sedentary controls, any changes in heart function were common to bodybuilders. The take home message from this study is that bodybuilding itself can alter (not impair) arterial structure/function and that steroids do not appear to impair cardiac function. (1)

Does MRFIT need a T boost?

A famous cardiac study was published about 10 years ago. It soon became on ongoing study known as the Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial (MRFIT). The present study examined changes in Testosterone over 13 years in 66 men aged 41 to 61 years. The researchers determined if changes in total Testosterone are related to cardiovascular disease risk factors.

The average Testosterone levels at the beginning of the study were 751 ng/dl and decreased by 41 ng/dl. Men who smoked or exhibited Type A behavior were found to have even greater decreases in T levels. The change in Testosterone was also associated with an increase in triglyceride levels and a decrease in the good cholesterol (HDL).

The authors concluded that decreases in Testosterone levels as observed in men over time are associated with unfavorable heart disease risk. (2) Sounds to me like a good reason to get T support/replacement therapy in the middle age years!

In a similar study, researchers in Poland examined if Testosterone replacement therapy in aging men positively effected heart disease risk factors. Twenty-two men with low T levels received 200 mg of Testosterone enanthate every other week for one year. Throughout treatment, Testosterone, estradiol, total cholesterol, HDL and LDL were measured.

The researchers determined that T replacement returned both Testosterone and estradiol levels back to normal and acceptable levels. They also found that T replacement lowered cholesterol and LDL (the bad cholesterol) without altering HDL (the good cholesterol). Furthermore, there was no change in prostate function or size.

The take home message from this study is that T replacement doesn't appear to raise heart disease risk and it may actually lower your risk. (3) It appears that more physicians should be prescribing low dose Testosterone to middle age and aging men for both libido, muscle tone and for cardiac reasons.

What about younger men?

It's been long established that men have a higher risk of heart disease. One of the risk factors implicated is Testosterone. Reportedly, the recreational use of Testosterone can alter lipoprotein levels and, in fact, case reports exist describing bodybuilders who've abused steroids and have experienced heart disease or even sudden death. But the question remains, is the causal association one of truth or just an association?

To answer this, researchers at the University of North Texas recruited twelve competitive bodybuilders for a comprehensive evaluation of the cardiovascular effects of steroids. Six heavyweight steroid-using bodybuilders were compared with six heavyweight drug-free bodybuilders.

As expected, the heavy steroid users had lower total cholesterol and HDL levels as compared to the drug-free athletes. What was unexpected was that the steroid users also had significantly lower LDL (the bad cholesterol) and triglyceride levels as compared to the non-steroid users. In addition, the juicers also had lower apolipoprotein B levels (a marker for heart disease risk). Thus, the authors concluded that androgens do not appear to raise the risk of cardiovascular disease. (4) The take home message from this study is that the negative cardiac side effects of steroids are most likely overstated.

In a little more progressive study, researchers at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Boogie Down Bronx (the BDB to those in the know) examined Testosterone as a possible therapy for cardiovascular disease. (5) The researchers note that T can be given in oral, injectable, pellet and transdermal delivery forms. It's noted that injections of Testosterone (100 to 200 mg every two weeks) in men with low levels of T will decrease total cholesterol and LDL while raising the HDL.

In fact, Testosterone therapy has been found to have antianginal effects (reduces chest pain). Low levels of Testosterone are also correlated with high blood pressure, specifically high systolic pressure. The researchers determined that returning T levels back to normal and even high-normal levels have positive cardiovascular effects and should be considered as an adjunctive treatment for maintaining muscle mass when someone has congestive heart failure.

Putting it all together

Strong research demonstrates that the risks of negative cardiovascular effects of steroids are overstated. In fact, a recent paper published in the Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology questioned the whole risk of using steroids. (6) Joey Antonio, Ph.D. and Chris Street MS, CSCS published strong data showing that the risks of steroid use are largely exaggerated, much like scare tactics used by your parents while you were a kid. Of course, it goes unsaid that abuse of anything will lead to unwanted consequences.

We know that as we age, circulating Testosterone levels naturally decrease. For most people the Testosterone decrease goes from high-normal to mid to low normal. Data shows that there's an inverse relationship between T levels and blood pressure as well as abdominal obesity (that paunch we see on so many middle age males).

Testosterone replacement lowers abdominal obesity and restores Testosterone back to normal levels. Restored Testosterone is correlated with better mood, better muscle tone, stronger sex drive, lower cardiovascular disease risks, stronger bones and better memory. It's important to note that while conservative use gives a pronounced positive health benefit, higher doses may not necessarily lead to further health benefits.

What to do

If you see your body composition changing (your gut starts looking like your Uncle Lester's), your strength or muscle tone diminishing despite your hard training and good diet, and your sex drive not matching up to TC's columns, have your Testosterone levels checked. The acceptable normal range for Testosterone to physicians is 300 mg/dl to 1100 mg/dl. Yes, that's a pretty wide range.

In the clinic, we see people with the complaints consistent with "andropause " (a term for male menopause) and/or increased cardiovascular risk having Testosterone levels between 300 mg/dl and 550 mg/dl. Bringing it up to the mid to high-normal level is what gives the health and "youthful" benefits. Traditionally 200 mg/dl of supplemental Testosterone given every one to two weeks improves body composition, lowers total cholesterol and LDL, while raising HDL.

It appears that supplemental T is a healthier and safer way to go than many of the drugs used to treat poor lipid profiles. The data presented in this article applies for males over 35, not those who are 18. If you think that you can benefit from Testosterone therapy look for physicians who market themselves as "anti-aging" or "longevity physicians" as well as the more progressive endocrinologists or cardiologists.

Long story short, used intelligently, Testosterone is good medicine!

About the author: Douglas S. Kalman MS, RD is a Director for Miami Research Associates (MiamiResearch.com) a leading pharmaceutical and nutrition research organization in Miami, Florida. Doug is also a national spokesperson for the American College of Sports Medicine and according to his latest test has high T levels. Doug can be reached at [email protected].

References:

1) Sader MA, Griffiths KA, McCredie RJ, et al. Androgenic anabolic steroids and arterial structure and function in male bodybuilders. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001;37(1):224-230.

2) Zmuda JM, Cauley JA, Kriska A, et al. Longitudinal relation between endogenous testosterone and cardiovascular disease risk factors in middle aged men. A 13 year follow-up of former Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial participants. Am J Epidemiol 1997;146(8):609-617.

3) Zgliczynski S, Ossowski M, Slowinska-Srednicka J, et al. Effect of testosterone replacement therapy on lipids and lipoproteins in hypogonadal and elderly men. Atherosclerosis 1996;121(1):35-43.

4) Diekerman RD, McConathy WJ, Zachariah NY. Testosterone, sex hormone-binding globulin, lipoproteins and vascular disease risk. J Cardiovasc Risk 1997;4(5-6):363-366.

5) Shapiro J, Christiana J, Frishman WH. Testosterone and other anabolic steroids as cardiovascular drugs. Am J Ther 1999;6(3):167-174.

6) Antonio J, Street C. Androgen use by athletes: A reevaluation of the health risks. Can J Appl Physiol 1996;21(6):421-440.

seanw is offline Banned
    I have a question bro's. If this sh!t is so bad for you how come doctors prescribe it for old guys for Hormone Replacement Therapy ? Surely thay would know if it was going to cause your heart to grow erratically.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    I have a question bro's. If this sh!t is so bad for you how come doctors prescribe it for old guys for Hormone Replacement Therapy ? Surely thay would know if it was going to cause your heart to grow erratically.
    HRT is much lower doses than "recreational" users.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Just like 1 glass of wine a day is good for you but guzzling a 1/2 gallon bottle of wine a day is bad. One or two puffs a day on the bong is good for you but smoking down a marijuana cigar/blunt is bad. Natural levels of testosterone is good, 10 times the normal maximum testosterone like most cyclers do is bad. See the common thred in concept is here? Moderation is good, excess is bad.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Just like 1 glass of wine a day is good for you but guzzling a 1/2 gallon bottle of wine a day is bad. One or two puffs a day on the bong is good for you but smoking down a marijuana cigar/blunt is bad. Natural levels of testosterone is good, 10 times the normal maximum testosterone like most cyclers do is bad. See the common thred in concept is here? Moderation is good, excess is bad.
    i agree with the point that you are trying to make, but i never knew that hittin a bong once a day was good for you

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    The funny thing is testosterone HELPS rats who had a heart attack recover way faster than those ones who were not given the drug.
    Testosterone reduces stroke risk in older men.
    No Ligitamate study has EVER shown a direct correlation with AAS use and heart growth..........these bullsh!t crock "studies" used trained bodybuilders as the monitered group and lazy fukks who didn't even lift weights as the control group the problem is intense weight training increase heart size.......so how the hell could they tell if the if the heart growth was the cuz of the anabolics?
    Another used a small group of powerlifters who juiced 2 commited suicide, 2 died from heart attack, 1 from stroke.....the other 5 are fine........guess what this study concluded? yep steriods killed 5 out of ten men. lol

Who the fukk wrote this sh!t? damm Propaganda!

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    it's like they gathered every possible side effect for every single type of gear at rediculois doses and lumped it all in together. like if you touch any steroid , you can have any of these 4000 side effects. This is so broad, it would be like saying that if you breathe air you can die of cancer, or carbon monoxide or get asthma or catch pneumonia because there are so many dangerous things in the air.

toolman is offline Banned
    Look, as we are all users, we are going to believe what we want. I am a low dose cycle believer myself as I think higher dose cycles are bad for the body. I know the one time I ran a higher dosed cycle to see if I was wrong, My BP went through the roof and my mid cycle blood test showed high cholesteral with a lousy LDL/HDL ratio. None of this happens when I run lower doses and I see no difference in gains.

The one area I am not sure about is cardiac muscle growth while on cycle. As it is a muscle and shares many of the same properties of muscle fibre elsewhere in the body, isn't it entirely possible that you do get growth of the heart? If anyone can show a reputable study proving that the heart grows, I may rethink my steroid use . Until then I guess I will remain in blissful ignorance.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just look at the article I posted above. It sites six studys done on trained athletes that both are natural or steroid users. Its conclusion states that for the most part the symptoms attributed to steroid use is common among natural and enhanced body builders.

Muscles up-regulate AR concentrations to AAS and weight training ( the more intense the better) I don't believe the heart although being a muscle will grow to massive proportions because of AAS.........high BP from high RBC count and water retention could damage the heart and blood vessels can be prevented with A.I and lowering total AS intake.

Thread Information