IronGame is offline New Member

Prop vs. Cyp and Enan . . . Battle of Da 'Bolics

I've been planning out a first cycle, 500mg cyp/weekly for 10 weeks. But a few people have said that if I don't mind the injections, I should dump the long esters and go with Prop, which is actually the better choice. Less water weight, quick gains, etc.

Why is this? Does this mean that pound-wise what I'll gain will be less (less water), but I can keep more of it? Does prop's quick action early on in the cycle give the potential for greater genuine muscle gains?

A few guys SWEAR by prop, like . . .It's almost religious, lol. They say forget enanth and cyp - alot of water, moon-face, etc. 100mg EOD seems to be the "magic number", too.

So, for a first cycle, mainly to gain mass, should I go with prop insetad? The frequency of injections doesn't bother me.

So-Solid is offline Junior Member
    Try it and see.i,personally,am a bit more sceptical about those claims because i know of many guys that still retain water on prop.I think it varies-depending on your bodys reaction.im from the other side of the coin and swear by enanthate ..............nothing better for mass gains imo,and NOBODY really wants to do e/d shots do they.Pure aggro!

dieseL atC is offline Member
    I'm retaining a little bit of water on my current cycle.. Prop 100mg/ed Tren 50mg/ed.. and thats with femara and nolva.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronGame
    I've been planning out a first cycle, 500mg cyp/weekly for 10 weeks. But a few people have said that if I don't mind the injections, I should dump the long esters and go with Prop, which is actually the better choice. Less water weight, quick gains, etc.

Why is this? Does this mean that pound-wise what I'll gain will be less (less water), but I can keep more of it? Does prop's quick action early on in the cycle give the potential for greater genuine muscle gains?

A few guys SWEAR by prop, like . . .It's almost religious, lol. They say forget enanth and cyp - alot of water, moon-face, etc. 100mg EOD seems to be the "magic number", too.

So, for a first cycle, mainly to gain mass, should I go with prop insetad? The frequency of injections doesn't bother me.

everyone is different. when i was running prop i put on a little weight but nothing signifiacant, mainly lost alot of body fat.
    but when im on enthate i just throw some femara in there and i stay bone dry, and i get a very good gain from it.

u have to see what works for your body

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Here is my theory and it may or may not hold water (no pun intended).
    Enanthate and cypionate cause your body to retain water whereas prop does not to the same degree. The reason water retention can help you gain muscle is because it alters the angle between the actin and myosin in your muscle fibers which in turn causes the muscle to contract with great force. The greater force generated by the muscle fibers allows you to lift heavier weights which should in turn cause a greater muscle breakdown and in turn result in great repair. That may or may not make any sense to you but many users say they are able to lift heavy on deca because their joints are so lubed and muscles so full of H20.
    The water retention is one aspect that makes creatine an appealing supplement aside from the fact that it provides a phosphate ions to generate ATP.
    With that being said I am going to be doing all suspension/prop esters in the coming weeks so I guess I go against my theory but I personally dont like the thought that I gained weight that I will only lose in 2 weeks as a result of ceasing AAS use.

imann is offline Member
    Why did you start two almost identical threads?

AnabolicAlien Guest

theory

theory is wrong.

water does NOT cause any changes with actin and myosin. if you change anthing about this interaction it simply will not work. i took years of biochemistry. take my word on this.

A.A.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAlien
    theory is wrong.

water does NOT cause any changes with actin and myosin. if you change anthing about this interaction it simply will not work. i took years of biochemistry. take my word on this.

A.A.
    Well some NSCA registered coaches I know of seem to think that mucsle cellular H20 changes the angle between the actin and myosin which would then in turn cause a greater force of contraction. I'm sure there is plenty of differing opinion on the issue.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    As far I know bloat is caused by increased phospha creatine production and elevated estrogen levels.

I would like to know what it is about Propoinate that makes people think it doesnt cause as much water retention. What about this ester that makes it not cause as much bloat. I personally cant tell one bit of difference in bloat when taking T400 with two of the longest esters in it. Or taking Test Prop.

Thread Information