statuZ is offline Banned

Does Anabolics Accelerate Cancer?

hey my parents foudn out about juice, and now they are lecuting me about how steroids will accelerate cancer like you will not believe, i have read that it doesnt but can i get some other insight? thanks.\

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    yes and no. They are probably thinking of liver cancer caused by the added stress of the alkylated C17 atom. Even so, there are very few cases reported and the ones that are were people who had bad livers to begin with, and were using high doses for extended times of drugs like anadrol and maybe even dbol .

Also a form of cancer in the kidneys ( Wilm's Tumor) have been reported but are even more rare and a direct link between the cancer and AAS use has not yet been established, only hypothesized.

Steroids wont directly accelerate cancer, but HGH can make a tumor grow faster if there is a tumor already present.

beavertrap is offline Associate Member
    agree with hulk. Hgh makes everything grow including cancer. I'm no doctor but I would guess that steroids don't make cancer grow.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    safest way before u start using, get a complete physical and if ur under 25 go ****ing crazy on your Health Insurance bro, do all the neccessary tests (bloodwork) to see where u stand healthwise and etc....and once u start using just keep doing checkups everynow and than for things u r worried the most.... I lose count how many times a year i c my doctor for whatever reasons becasue at times i can get paranoid or worried like u or ur parents do. Hell, afterwards i sleep like a baby knowing i am healthy bull.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Its my belief that steroids will accelerate anything that your body is predestined to.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    Its my belief that steroids will accelerate anything that your body is predestined to.
    i have to agree with that one....

GH and IGF are definite no-no's.

since most anabolics increase these, there is a possible issue. However this area is not well explored. AS also have benefits that may suppress cancer growth (some types) its just as likely that they may aggravate others.

IronGame is offline New Member

a conservative perspective

Certain steroid compounds, in certain amounts, can actually be beneficial to your health - and allow you some decent muscular development at the same time. Although everyone is different, you need to be conservative about it. Remember that alot of older men are being presrcibed (medically) exogenous testosterone in certain amounts in order to promote physical well-being and even extend life.

In my opinion, don't shut the door on AAS use before you read the following article, by Peter Van Mol (aka BigCat.) It's a big one, but it's well worth it. As a non-user, it gave me a whole new perspective and actually inspired me to plan out a rather level-headed cycle. Print it out, and read it with your parents:

http://www.superiormuscle.com/showthread/t-878.html

The GREAT chess Grandmaster Bobby Fisher, always stuck to this rule: before you make any move, consider ALL the pieces on the board.

So, before you make any decision, do copious research, and add the article above to your knowledge as part of that effort.

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    Well, accroding to the little directions/information sheet that is included with schreing test enthanate, test will accelerate liver tumors. I don't know about other cancers or how much of a risk that it accutally poseses. It might just be a disclaimer to ward off lawsuits, but even then it is proabable enough that the manufacturer is concerned.

Well, for those woh do not have liver tumors, I **assume** there would be no problems in that area.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    I was just at the doc's about 45min ago because i have an infection in my arm and i told him i was on test E and Deca . He told me that it will speed up Prostate cancer.

I was just at the doc's about 45min ago because i have an infection in my arm and i told him i was on test E and Deca . He told me that it will speed up Prostate cancer.

Man i am havin some problems!!!
    Last edited by getinbig; 10-11-2004 at 09:07 AM.

If you HAVE prostate cancer. It's not the cause.

Read the article I posted.

Most regular docs have NO CLUE when it comes to AAS. They close their minds to it automatically. The average dcotor knows FA about building muscle and nutrition.

An endocrinologist might know more.

By the way, if you start doing multiple cycles per year, stacking lots of compounds at insane dosages . .then yeah . . . you jsut might end up with some problems.

The key is to emphasize safety and always use safety to mediate your ultimate size/strength goals.

exogenous insulin would also be something to avoid

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by getinbig

Man i am havin some problems!!!
    Yes, your docs correct. Test will accelerate existing prostate cancer.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Lets remember that testosterone will increase IGF levels as well, IGF can accelerate cancerous cells if predisposed,

Thread Information