tcg
    tcg is offline New Member

BP 140/90 and CONCERNED!!

cycles just about to end. first cycle ever. 10 weeks, 400mg test. cyp a week.
    nolvadex 20mg a day. i know blood pressure rises with using roids. mines 140/90. found this out from a neurologist who i had to see for reasons i don't need to get into. He said i should see my regular dr. and possibly go on bp meds, and in the mean time discontinue use of salt and do more cardio. of course i failed to mention to him that i was taking steroids , he's just a neurologist, not my regular dr. whats it any of his business anyway. i've had high bp before i ever used steroids, not all the time, but at certain times its been high. should this be a concern with future cycles? would bp meds be too much or possibly dangerous in combo with roids? of course i'd tell my dr. what i've been up too so he'd make that decision but i'd like some feedback before i even go to him from some peeps that have experienced this same problem. resting pulse right now is 94 (just checked) should that concern me.

much appreciated

imann is offline Member
    Man get real no one on here (unless they are actually a dr.) is qualified to give you medical advive. I would recommend seeingg your dr. immediatly, your my age that sounds way to high. good luck man, hope its nothing too serious :spudniksu

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro on Test/Tren /Dbol my BP was considerably higher than that, I'm not saying thats good at all, it scares me really but I'm sure you're fine just try and stay away from the sodium if possible.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    just went the doc last week....mine was 140/92...he said of course...it was from the juice. But nothing to worry about. Im 18 and that is very high. He said get off the cycle. But it wasnt high enough for BP meds. You will feel a little weird with high BP...it kinda scares me. But my recommendation is be safe, watch your sodium, do cardio, and cycle off. Its better safe than sorry brother. Good luck.

9000rpm is offline Member
    A resting heart rate of 94bpm is very high for someone that excercies and lifts weights regularly. And for someone thats 24 years old also,....I'd go see the doctor if I were you. Some doctors are open-minded about roids as long as you are being responsible about it and not going overboard. Just be truthfull with him and ask for his medical advice on your situation, and not his moral advice.

But seriously, go see a doc, your life isn't something to play with.

seanw is offline Banned
    I just had a similar problem. I am 49 and my normal BP was 116/70 more or less. I went to the doc for a chest infection and they did my BP and it was 146/70. Which is a sh!tload higher than normal. but not in the dangerous level by any means according to the World Health Organisation. BP can be an issue when you cycle. I bought a BP mashine which I use everyday to keep an eye on it, its automatic and cheap. I am off cycle now and my BP is back to normal. Definitly see the Doc, he will tell you to get off your cycle. Your call !!! Talk to him about BP meds if you want to stay on.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i had my blood pressure higher then that on ephedra. if you on a cycle then who cares, when you come off it will go back down. ive had mine as high as 210/140 just from taking a little extre ephadra while on an eca stack. obiously im not a doctor and am only telling u what i think so you do what you want.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    I haven't been able to confirm these figures but according to the print out my local pharmacy These are the figures supplied by the WHO.

Systolic Diastolic
    Normal up to 140 90
    Borderline 141-159 91-94
    Hypertension 160+ 95+

Quote Originally Posted by pietro75
    i had my blood pressure higher then that on ephedra. if you on a cycle then who cares, when you come off it will go back down. ive had mine as high as 210/140 just from taking a little extre ephadra while on an eca stack. obiously im not a doctor and am only telling u what i think so you do what you want.

SouthSideSteve is offline New Member
    normal BP is 120/80 (110-130 might be normal systolics for some, athletes generally have lower BPs.), the hypertension is cause by the increase in RBC's due to the AAS(AAS increases RBC production in the bone marrow). You have an increased blood volume (due to a higher volume of RBCs) and this increases your BP because greater force is exerted on the vessel walls.

Its just an unavoidable side effect. I would just monitor it and talk to your doc (if you want).

jaffry20 is offline Member
    I hear yeh, my BP was 140-80 last monday, ill see tom what it is, just basically doing what the doc said and what was stated before, less sodium, and caffein for me. Fukin scary ****, can feel every beat at night, crazy night sweats and sweat all the time where as i never used to really. Just be safe and get checked regular.

jaffry20 is offline Member
    was just wondering what kind of **** u get tested for in ur blood. I told my Doctor I wanted to chek my blood and everything and he was like what do u wanna chek and i wasn't to sure. Probably take a peak at my hormonal levels and **** like that, any reccommendations?

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Wow mines pretty close to normal (121/79)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideSteve
    normal BP is 120/80 (110-130 might be normal systolics for some, athletes generally have lower BPs.), the hypertension is cause by the increase in RBC's due to the AAS(AAS increases RBC production in the bone marrow). You have an increased blood volume (due to a higher volume of RBCs) and this increases your BP because greater force is exerted on the vessel walls.

Its just an unavoidable side effect. I would just monitor it and talk to your doc (if you want).
    Nice info too bro well done.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    A resting heart rate of 94bpm is very high for someone that excercies and lifts weights regularly. And for someone thats 24 years old also,....I'd go see the doctor if I were you. Some doctors are open-minded about roids as long as you are being responsible about it and not going overboard. Just be truthfull with him and ask for his medical advice on your situation, and not his moral advice.

But seriously, go see a doc, your life isn't something to play with.
    wow 94 seems really high... my g/f decided to listen to my heart rate while we were laying around today and i was only at like 77 or something....like 9000rp, says athletes should have a lower bp due to increased stroke volume of the heart from the activity (stroke volume is the amount of blood that is squeezed out with each beat, generally atheltes have a much higher volume then regular folk..) I think a good bet would be to ease into some cardio and perhaps this will go down for you since it makes the heart stronger...

seanw is offline Banned
    Southsidesteve... you might want to reconsider your Avatar because I am liable to die of a Heart Attack LMFAO

spm162 is offline Associate Member
    You don't have anything to worry about. Not to repeat but BP will go up during a cycle and come back down after you are finished. Bp is transiently raised and returns to normal within a few weeks (depending on the 1/2 life of the ester you are taking). If it were to stay high and not return after more than 5 or 6 weeks than I would go bounce it off your general doc.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    I thik thats pretty normal bp for a cycle, nothing to worry about.

Thread Information