meat is offline Associate Member

whats up with gear thats expired?

i just found a long lost bodle of maxigan in my closet wich expired over 2 years ago. dumb question...but is any good ????? thanks this f@ckin smily is the sh!+

bump

bump

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    well id say it would probably ok if it were like a few weeks over because lots of expiry dates are set back just to be safe, but two years? naaaa id just suck it up and buy some fresh stuff. its just not worth the rish even though im not too sure exactly what would happen if u injected expired juice. take care and be safe

physio_sport is offline Banned
    its should be okay. alot of people will say that the gear will degrade but thats not proven. youre stuff will be fine aslong as it was in a cool and dark place.

Juice Weasel is offline New Member
    im starting fina next week that 2 years over expired, and it will work as well as if it were fresh, i dont think it ever goes bad, i did have to re cook it though....

thanks for the help. how do you re cook expired gear?

gya321 is offline Member
    It should be fine. I have used expired gear. Expiration dates usually just mean that after that date the company doesn't have any guarantees that it will be as potent, less potent, more potent or whatever. Basically you cant sue them if you get ill.

ok about this recook thing?is there any thing i should do before i use or should it be good to go?

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not a home brewer but I think what he was talking about was fixing crashed ( crystalized gear( re-cook). The experation date is the manufacturers estimated time it takes for a substance to have a 10% loss in potency due to molecular break down. You can still use your gear. It hasnt been opened untill now right???? If it was opened years ago then I would say there will be more than a 10% loss in potency. And it could be contaminated.

Thread Information