GetPumped is offline Senior Member

Ken Caminiti dies at age 41!!!!!!

Just saw this on ESPN news. Former NL MVP Ken Caminiti dies of a heart attack. He openly admitted his steroid use and the media will certainly have something to say about it I'm sure. The autopsy has not been done yet, so exact reasons of the heart attack aren't determined yet. What you bros think of this?

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    kinda scary....aas not good for the heart

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    oh well, the risks associated with AAS.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Yes, it's smart to blame AS when the guy did enough coke to kill a horse. Get a clue guys. No AAS is not great on the CV system, but at the same time, when you drink like a fish, smoke like a chimney, and snort like a phillipino crack whore, you're going to kick the bucket sooner rather than later. I don't mean him any disrespect at all, but having this all come down on the AS portion of his life is ridiculous, and does us all a disservice.

I do hope he finds rest now.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    ken was also arrested for crack and cocaine possession and use. he also did a stint in prison and rehab for crack/cocaine. imo these had a little more to do with his heart attack. media wise they will probably try to link it to the roids to scare people away from the gear because most people already know the penalties of crack/cocaine use.

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    i didn't say his death was linked to AAS. i just said using AAS has risks such as heart problems. maybe you just misunderstood what i said. unless of course, you're saying AAS gives you no health problems?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Yes, it's smart to blame AS when the guy did enough coke to kill a horse. Get a clue guys. No AAS is not great on the CV system, but at the same time, when you drink like a fish, smoke like a chimney, and snort like a phillipino crack whore, you're going to kick the bucket sooner rather than later. I don't mean him any disrespect at all, but having this all come down on the AS portion of his life is ridiculous, and does us all a disservice.

I do hope he finds rest now.
    Once again.

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    I wonder why the media won't try to link his death to his cocaine use and other illegal substances instead of AAS. IMO, I think the media SHOULD link it to his substance abuse of other narcortics, but instead they will link it to AAS. I would rather be doing AAS than cocaine you know, but I guess all the people in the media would rather be snorting some cocaine than trying to improve on their physique with AAS.

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    on msnbc, they said in the first sentence of their article that he was the baseball player who admitted using steroids . Later in the article they said something about him using cocaine like a month ago. Im sure the other people in the media will make a big stink about him jucing.

alex117k is offline Junior Member
    Yes, the media will be all over it, blaming steroids - you know what?
    It was the f*king cocaine that killed him.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billy_ba
    on msnbc, they said in the first sentence of their article that he was the baseball player who admitted using steroids. Later in the article they said something about him using cocaine like a month ago. Im sure the other people in the media will make a big stink about him jucing.
    My girlfriend called and told me about this article. She said she was worried about me (still researching my first cycle) doing AAS. Then like near the end there was a blurb about cocaine use. How is that for media bias?! This will not help my cause in convincing my gf that AAS is not as dangerous as it's made out to be in the media.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    he recently tested positive for cocaine use while on probation. i doubt that he was still on aas at the time.

rhinoman is offline Associate Member
    since the media is having a field day with baseball and steroids . It seems to be perfect timing to chalk his death up to STEROIDS. Kinda Ironic don't ya think. ANyway the media morons WILL blame this on steroids and soon enough steroids are gonna be a biatch to get. I'm just gonna go ahead and get my next ten cycles ahead of time.

berniec is offline Junior Member
    and let the media circus begin
    taken from ESPN:
    http://espn.go.com/classic/obit/s/20...0/1899091.html

NEW YORK -- On the field, Ken Caminiti's all-out style served him well. Off the field is where it got him in trouble.

The 1996 National League MVP, who later admitted using steroids during his major league career and for years battled a drug problem, died Sunday. He was 41.

Caminiti died of a heart attack in New York City, said his agent-lawyer Rick Licht. The city medical examiner's office performed an autopsy Monday but could not rule on a cause of death until toxicology tests were complete, spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said. That process could take as long as 10 days.

"I'm still in shock," San Diego Padres general manager Kevin Towers said. "He was one of my favorite all-time players."

The three-time All-Star third baseman often was in trouble the last few years. His 15-year big league career ended in 2001, five seasons after he led the Padres to a division title and was a unanimous pick for MVP.

Just last Tuesday, he admitted in a Houston court that he violated his probation by testing positive for cocaine last month, and was sentenced to 180 days in jail.

But state District Judge William Harmon gave Caminiti credit for the 189 days he already served in jail and a treatment facility since he was sentenced to three years probation for a cocaine arrest in March 2001. He had pleaded guilty in March 2002.

"This is the largest mistake I've made in my life," Caminiti said when he pleaded guilty. "I had a real good thing going for me, and I got sidetracked. It doesn't have to be that way. It doesn't have to be drugs. It doesn't have to be alcohol. That part of my life is over."

In May 2002, Caminiti told Sports Illustrated that he used steroids during his MVP season, when he hit a career-high .326 with 40 home runs and 130 RBI. He estimated half the players in the big leagues were also using them.

Caminiti returned to baseball this year as a spring training instructor with San Diego.

"When I saw him in spring training, he didn't look good," Towers said. "I'm not surprised."

"The best way to describe him is that he was a warrior in every sense of the word. I can't tell you how many times I remember him hobbling into the manager's office, barely able to walk, and saying, 'Put me in the lineup.' "

Caminiti batted .272 with 239 homers and 983 RBIs with Houston, San Diego, Texas and Atlanta.

Licht said Caminiti hoped to get back into the game, possibly in a position that would allow him to mentor younger players about avoiding the mistakes he made. He said Caminiti was in New York this past weekend to help a friend, but did not go into detail.

"Man, that's just a tough one. I played with him for eight years," Dodgers outfielder Steve Finley said Sunday night, learning of Caminiti's death after St. Louis eliminated Los Angeles from the playoffs.

"He was a great player, but he got mixed up in the wrong things -- taking drugs. It's a sad reminder of how bad drugs are and what they can do to your body. It's a loss all of us will feel."

Caminiti's defining moment during his MVP season came on Aug. 18, 1996, in the oppressive heat of Monterrey, Mexico, as the Padres prepared to face the New York Mets in the finale of the first regular-season series played outside the United States and Canada.

Battling dehydration and an upset stomach, Caminiti took two liters of intravenous fluid, ate a candy bar, then hit two homers and drove in four runs in an 8-0 victory.

"Becky and I are grief stricken at the premature death of one of the bravest athletes that we have known," Moores said. "We admired Ken tremendously and remained optimistic that he would conquer the personal challenges that he was dealing with."

Caminiti teamed with Tony Gwynn and Greg Vaughn in the middle of the Padres' 1998 lineup, leading them to the World Series, where they were swept by the New York Yankees.

"I'm shocked. This was devastating. Even though he was divorced, he had a beautiful wife and daughters," said Diamondbacks outfielder Luis Gonzalez, who played with Caminiti on the Astros between 1990 and 1994. "He was one of the most intense players I've ever seen. I'm worried for [Craig] Biggio and [Jeff] Bagwell because those guys are playing in the biggest game of their lives [Monday]."

Towers and Licht both recalled the enormous ovation Caminiti received during a 2003 ceremony marking the Padres' farewell at Qualcomm Stadium. The team moved into a new ballpark this season.

Licht said he had to go to Houston to persuade Caminiti to make an appearance, and Towers remembered the former star was nervous.

"He didn't know what kind of reaction he would get," Towers said.

After being showered with cheers, Caminiti told Licht it was his greatest day in baseball.

"It's a shame for his family as much as it is for his friends," former Padres teammate Andy Ashby said. "He's got three daughters who are going to miss having Dad around. It's a shame. It's a terrible thing."

thats actually not a bad article, they mention steroids once, and cocaine the rest of the time.

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoman
    since the media is having a field day with baseball and steroids. It seems to be perfect timing to chalk his death up to STEROIDS. Kinda Ironic don't ya think. ANyway the media morons WILL blame this on steroids and soon enough steroids are gonna be a biatch to get. I'm just gonna go ahead and get my next ten cycles ahead of time.

your exp dates will expire by your 3rd or 4th cycle bro

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have about 8-10 cycles under my belt, and this one freaked me out

needle is offline Senior Member
    too bad, how sad for his family!

calidude is offline Senior Member
    No Joke...crack/coke Kills.

Thread Information