Thread: Injections

Huge_Pimp is offline New Member

Injections

After inserting the needle I heard it's good to pull back the syringe checking to make sure blood doesn't get drawn up into the syringe. I tried this and noticed it's very hard to pull back the syringe. I'm assuming, if I hit a vein, I would be able to pull back the syringe easily and blood would get drawn up quickly. Is this assumption correct?

In addition, sometimes when I pull back the syringe it creates an air bubble in the syringe. Once I let the syringe go it forces the air back into my body. Could this create a problem? (When intially drawing my syringes I am always 100% sure not to have air bubbles in my syringe.)

Maraxus is offline Banned
    its not an air bubble.....you dont have air in your veins bro. its called a vacuum.

maddog<sco> is offline Junior Member
    its called aspirating you should always do this its very important dont worry about the air it deos nothing to you as long as you dont hit a vein

yes its called aspirating. and yes you are correct.

air bubbles good, no problem.

dogsofwar is offline Member
    This is all 100% normal. If you were to actually be in a blood stream, barely aspirating would draw blood immediately. It's also normal to have some air bubbles in the syringe. Just as long as its not out of control.

Huge_Pimp is offline New Member
    Thanks for the help.

Thread Information