willieboy is offline New Member

anabolic vs. androgenic

what is the difference between the two? what are some examples of androgenic compounds? Can some people have very small gains off anabolic and greater gains from androgenic? thing is, I get very little mass from test, but great gains from tren . just did anadrol for 5 weeks with tren(5weeks) and some test prop(10weeks) and didn't get bloat, didn't get alot of weight gain. I look great but just not what was supposed to happen. a grand total of about 12 pounds when pct started. all gear was good, my partner had phenomenal gains with the same anadrol and test, but no tren.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Man no one helped you yet. Most steroids have both a Androgenic and Anabolic effect. Even drugs like Deca that are mostly Anabolic also have a little Androgenic effect. Trenbolone , Halotestin , Masteron are Androgens. They are gonna mostly benifit you with muscle density,Aggression and strength increases. Here is some side effects that Androgens are responsible for during puberty.enlargement of the penis and testes, voice changes, hair growth on the face, axilla, and genital areas, and increased aggressiveness. There isnt any substance that is only Anabolic they all have a ratio of Androgenic to Anabolic effect. A anabolic effect is what is responsible for growth. Any thing like Testosterone , Deca, Winstrol , Equipoise , Primobolan , ect all have a Anabolic effect.

If you had a problem with one cycle and not the other, was your diet the same through both???

these terms and measures are less than accurate... they can give one a general idea of the "masculinizing" v. "tissue building" effects.. though they are very general.

these terms do not address the estrogenic (via aromatization) and progestenic (direct or metabolite binding) of these drugs which are pretty crucial from a side effect standpoint.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I was just trying to help the guy out. Nobody responded in 6 hours. So I figured id give it a shot to try to help him understand the basics of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I was just trying to help the guy out. Nobody responded in 6 hours. So I figured id give it a shot to try to help him understand the basics of it.

not a criticism of your post, but of the whole system by which AS sides and growth/performance potential have been unclearly and often incorrectly measured

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    winstrol is more anabolic than androgenic , and deca is your best bet for putting on mass

Britguy is offline Banned
    sounds like youv'e tried a few compounds already, if you want mass then obviously, dbol , test, deca etc ill give you this but unless used with some arimidex or so, you'll end up with loads of water also, sort your cycle out and then your diet, if you wanna get big then eat big (and clean)

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    All anabolic -androgenic steroids (AAS) are diriatives of testosterone . Each has an index ratio assigned to it on how anabolic (actual building effects --> muscle tissue, bone density, ...) versus androgenic (male-like effects --> bodyhair, deepening the voice, prostate ... effects that originally helped you to become a man from the time you were a fetus to a matured adult) the compound is. A purely anabolic steroid might be ideal but it is not currently an option - they all exert some androgenic effects... but how much varies depending on the compound.

Testosterone is a natural androgen and the one used as a reference drug to the others. On the theraputic index for anabolic steroids , testosterone rates a 1 as the standard. Anabolic steroids were orignially developed to alter the testosterone molecule to increase anabolic functions and decrease androgenic - the ratio being the therapeutic index. For example, compared to testosterone... Deca scores an 11-12... significantly more anabolic than androgenic.

The basic goal of stacking compounds is to increase the total AAS use with as little unwanted androgenic side effects as possible - stuff like prostate enlargement, effects on male pattern bladness, increase bodyhair, ... sometimes to limit water and/or fat retention as well...

For example, using 500mg of testosterone with 500mg of nandrolone per week versus using 1000mg of testosterone can have less of an impact on the prostate since you basically cut the total weekly androgen use with a nortestosterone diriative that has lower androgenic effects...

So why is testosterone even use in a cycle if it's deriatives have less androgenic side effects? First off - nothing is better than testosterone. It is the hormone that your body is most accustomed to... you have it running through your veins every day your life. You shouldn't shut your system without, at the very minimal use a replacement dose of testosterone. But from clinical studies - you get the most anabolic effects from test using at least 300mg per week. I can not recall the pathway that many of heavy androgenic steroids take to have such a pronounced an effect on strength and muscle building - but I believe it has much more to do with the cross-overbinding to glucocorticoid receptors (cortisol blocking) than increaseing protein synthesis...

But in one sentance... androgenic means male-like while anabolic refers to the tissue building effects.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering this same thing.

Warrior - Great post Bro. I have a much clearer understanding of not only the difference between the two, but also the logic behind staking Test with a test derivative.

Thanks much!

Thread Information