Thread: Hernia

znak is offline Senior Member

Hernia

I am mid-cycle (cyp, deca and hgh). I went to my doctor today for a physical and he said I had a hernia!!!

This was the day after leg day, when I was squatting a butt load of iron. I never noticed anythign.

Anyway, my questions is has anyone out there had a hernia? How long did it put you out? Can I do arms, back and chest during recovery? How long does it take to heal?

Any imput is appr4eciated, bros

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    You supposedly have a hernia, but arent in any pain? What kind of hernia are we talkin here?

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    You supposedly have a hernia, but arent in any pain? What kind of hernia are we talkin here?

You know when he puts his finger by your balls and makes you cough, well, you can feel movement. So it is between the top of my dick and leg.

Can't really read his writing, but I think it says "inguinal hernia"

wildman536 is offline Junior Member
    i had an Umbilical Hernia. Diddnt hurt all the time got it fixed though.

dtr98 is offline Member
    just had surgery on 10/6 for an Inguinal hernia and a Umbilical hernia. had no pain at all, only knew about the umbilical one, doc found the other, said i had about a 2" hole but during surgery found it to be about 5". as far as lifting you're not going to feel like it as it hurts like a mofo. this is the 6th day after still some pain, get staples out on 10/14, looking at 6 wks recovery, i'll find out about lifting light. i stopped my cycle alot of bros said it thins your blood.
    hope this helps you

Quote Originally Posted by dtr98
    just had surgery on 10/6 for an Inguinal hernia and a Umbilical hernia. had no pain at all, only knew about the umbilical one, doc found the other, said i had about a 2" hole but during surgery found it to be about 5". as far as lifting you're not going to feel like it as it hurts like a mofo. this is the 6th day after still some pain, get staples out on 10/14, looking at 6 wks recovery, i'll find out about lifting light. i stopped my cycle alot of bros said it thins your blood.
    hope this helps you

I will stop everything but the hgh. But I am wondering if I can continue doing arms, chest and back until the operation. I live overseas and will have about a month until I can get to a doctor.

What do you bros think?

dtr98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    I will stop everything but the hgh. But I am wondering if I can continue doing arms, chest and back until the operation. I live overseas and will have about a month until I can get to a doctor.

What do you bros think?
    you should be able, i was workin how who know how long till he found it., but i would stop just so you don't make it worse. depending on what you're doing you could start you pct, i thought about the hgh,

bump anyone else?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    if i remember, detroit had a good thread about this awhile back..may want to search around for that one. I too had an inguinal hernia, but i guess mine was a little different, as mine was very painful and kept me out of the gym for a good time (due to abdominal incision, etc)

detroit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    if i remember, detroit had a good thread about this awhile back..may want to search around for that one. I too had an inguinal hernia, but i guess mine was a little different, as mine was very painful and kept me out of the gym for a good time (due to abdominal incision, etc)
    Look in the lounge area, thats where i posted mine. I know everyone is different but i was back in the gym after about 2 1/2wks. 4wks after surgery i was pretty close to 100%. You will be suprised at how many bros had hernia's here, you'll get a lot of support. Good luck fella...

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit
    Look in the lounge area, thats where i posted mine. I know everyone is different but i was back in the gym after about 2 1/2wks. 4wks after surgery i was pretty close to 100%. You will be suprised at how many bros had hernia's here, you'll get a lot of support. Good luck fella...
    I have a hiatal hernia... this is a hernia of the muscle that closes off the stomach from your esophagus so you get a lot of acid reflux... its the rarest of all to get surgery to correct because sometimes the operation is worst then just living with it.. you can get these from doing crunches and exercises for the abs. When you get one, you dont know it except at night either have bad heartburn or else chest pain that would lead you to believe you are having a heart attach (because of herniated muscle aching and its right smack in middle of your chest).

Thread Information