Nickster#1 is offline Banned

Protien intake while on gear question, please read!!!

I know that the general rule for protien intake while on gear is 1.5 to 2 grams per pound of body wieght. My question is this. Is it 1.5 to 2 grams per pound of total body wieght, or is it 1.5 to 2 grams per pound of LBM? Lets say you wiegh 200lbs and your at 10% BF and your wanting to do 2 grams protien per pound, would you want to go with 400grams a day for total weight or 360grams a day for LBM?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I go by total body weight... actually over that, when bulking i think more is always better.

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    yeah just to be sure i just go by my overall bodyweight it doesnt hurt to take a little extra.

The reason I ask is because I was told that if you go by your total body weight that your just going to be adding to your fat rather than going by LBM your body will utilize it just for muscle. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I'm sure everyone's body is different... i dont think its scientifically proven that "every person's body needs EXCACTLY 2.394958 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass per day and anything over that is fat"... I'd go over it just to be on the safe side. I'd rather gain 2 lbs of fat with my cycle and build maximum muscle than undercut it and build 10 lbs of muscle less

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    I'm sure everyone's body is different... i dont think its scientifically proven that "every person's body needs EXCACTLY 2.394958 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass per day and anything over that is fat"... I'd go over it just to be on the safe side. I'd rather gain 2 lbs of fat with my cycle and build maximum muscle than undercut it and build 10 lbs of muscle less
    I think that you are probably right. I just dont want to put on too much fat durring this cycle, but I guess I can always cut when Im done with this one.

"AUSSIEBLOKE" is offline Junior Member
    I always keep a good positive nitrogen balance while on the gear. I have the slow release protien 2 times a day and the fast release protien(pro-plex first in morning and after training) i have found this to b quite successful. I am extremely happy with the results. I say it is better to keep the bucket full than not quite as full. So the body has everything it needs right there and then.

Thread Information