slowpain is offline Associate Member

Free Testosterone Levels

My last cycle was test prop at 100mg EOD and 40mg winstrol ED and when I got a lab test 6 weeks in cycle from Quest Diagnostics they came back as follows:

Test Name, In range /out of range,Reference Range

CHOL/HDLC ratio , 5.1H , <5.0 (CALC)
    Testosterone Total, 2916 H, 241-827 NG/DL
    Albumin, 4.2 , 3.7- 5.1 G/DL
    SHBG, 3 L , 7-50 NMOL/L
    Testosterone Free, 1476 H, 34-194 PG/ML
    Testosterone free and weakly bound, 2844 H, 84-402 NG/DL
    Estradiol, 128 H, 10-50 pg/ml

My question is my doctor who reviews hundreds of athletes on AAS blood work told me that my test levels were extremely high and that I would benefit from taking a much lower dose. How are my results compared to some of you guys out there taking a simmilar cycle? The gear I got was from an underground lab so maybe it was overdosed. I just need to know if I should increase the amount of test or stay where im at for next cycle. I will be starting my next cycle in about 4 weeks and it will be test enanthate at 500mg a week and EQ at 400mg a week frontloaded with prop for the first 3 weeks. I will also be taking arimidex at .5mg ED and proviron at 50mg ED. I just wonder if this will be overkill on the test, if I don't need that much.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpain
    My last cycle was test prop at 100mg EOD and 40mg winstrol ED and when I got a lab test 6 weeks in cycle from Quest Diagnostics they came back as follows:

Test Name, In range /out of range,Reference Range

CHOL/HDLC ratio , 5.1H , <5.0 (CALC)
    Testosterone Total, 2916 H, 241-827 NG/DL
    Albumin, 4.2 , 3.7- 5.1 G/DL
    SHBG, 3 L , 7-50 NMOL/L
    Testosterone Free, 1476 H, 34-194 PG/ML
    Testosterone free and weakly bound, 2844 H, 84-402 NG/DL
    Estradiol, 128 H, 10-50 pg/ml

My question is my doctor who reviews hundreds of athletes on AAS blood work told me that my test levels were extremely high and that I would benefit from taking a much lower dose. How are my results compared to some of you guys out there taking a simmilar cycle? The gear I got was from an underground lab so maybe it was overdosed. I just need to know if I should increase the amount of test or stay where im at for next cycle. I will be starting my next cycle in about 4 weeks and it will be test enanthate at 500mg a week and EQ at 400mg a week frontloaded with prop for the first 3 weeks. I will also be taking arimidex at .5mg ED and proviron at 50mg ED. I just wonder if this will be overkill on the test, if I don't need that much.
    Most human males of prime age around 18 rarely have testosterone levels over 1200 to give you a scale so you are more then double the maximum levels.

Also this is a matter of dispute, but some believe your muscle growth levels are no different at blood testosterone of 1900 then it would be with ANY level higher, including your 2800. Some people take more and believe they need to take a gram a week of testosterone, but how do you know you are really growing any more taking a gram a week then you would at 500 mg a week?

The studies tend to suggest 600 mg of test is generally the maximum anabolic effect and any more is just overkill with no additional anabolic effect, however the side effects that are bad increase. Now with underground gear, if you get what is labeled as 250 mg test and its really 175 mg, then what you think is 900 mg of test a week really comes out to be actually at 600 mg, then you are fine then and this is perhaps the reality with most guys who think they are taking 1 gram of test a week.

BTW, most guys on prop seem to take 75 mg eod and get good grow rates.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I had saliva testing done and they called ask me if I was on any kind of supps. It was maxed on there scales >1249pMol/L (3617.9pg/ml) AND the normal range is 290-520pMol/l. Of course my Estradiol was also above high at 185.5pMol/L and normal is 4.4-14pMol/L. Test to estro ratio was bad too. I was on test prop 100mg ed . If you are older guy with normally low test levels and you spike to very high levels then end the cycle you can crash ,now my level is 236ng/dl below normal! For me I belive 300mg perweek will suffice! It is all in the blood/saliva testing to tell you.

my next question is if 100mg EOD of prop is plenty for me how much Enanthate would I take to equal that?

my next question is if 100mg EOD of prop is plenty for me how much Enanthate would I take to equal that?
    It depends because it takes approximately 17 days for every trace of testosterone enanthate to be released, so in the first week, 500 mg of test e is equal to 26.46 mg each day of test prop. In the second week its equal to 52.93 mg a day of available test. 3rd week you get the picture but if injections are equal each time, once you hit the 4th week, you get the maximum availability of test enanthate availability equivalent to 84 mg each day. This value is adjusted for half life and weight of the ester and based on 500 mg a week test enanthate.

To put this into simple terms, someone taking 500 mg a week of test enthate is taking equivalent to 160 mg test prop EOD, however this equivalent rate is only that high from week #4 and after. The first week on test e is like 52 mg EOD, second is like 105 EOD, and so forth until you get up to the 4th week.

I understand that the enanthate takes alot longer to kick in and get up to levels but I was asking more of how does the amount of testosterone compare in the different esters. I know mg to mg test prop has much more testosterone than Enanthate because the enanthate ester is so heavy. So maybe 500mg of enanthate would in reality be very close to 350mg prop per week. Or somewhere in that range.

I understand that the enanthate takes alot longer to kick in and get up to levels but I was asking more of how does the amount of testosterone compare in the different esters. I know mg to mg test prop has much more testosterone than Enanthate because the enanthate ester is so heavy. So maybe 500mg of enanthate would in reality be very close to 350mg prop per week. Or somewhere in that range.
    Well actually I had already adjusted the #'s to account for differences in the ester weights.

right on, I think ill stick around in the 500mg range for the enanthate . The only thing is I hate enanthate and the bloat it gives me. I liked my prop cycle alot better but I want this for a bulker so I guess Ill just take some arimidex to keep the bloat off.

Thread Information