mr.black is offline New Member

p.o box question

I went to the post office the other day and they told me that I need a valid state I.D, a copy of some mail mailed to my house and some vehicle registration. How do you guys guys get p.o box's without your name on it?

Is it okay to have gear sent to a p.o box with your name on it as long as you have the name on the package be to someone else?

Thanks
    Black

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    i used to have a po box,i got more sh!t siezed by customs with that.i now just use my home addy.its personal use only so my orders are not large.im not concerned.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.black
    I went to the post office the other day and they told me that I need a valid state I.D, a copy of some mail mailed to my house and some vehicle registration. How do you guys guys get p.o box's without your name on it?

Is it okay to have gear sent to a p.o box with your name on it as long as you have the name on the package be to someone else?

Thanks
    Black
    If you want a PO Box at by the US Postal System (local post office), you need to bring proof of who you are, and then your local mail carrier is contacted by the PO management and is asked to sign a paper verifying that you have received mail on his route. --At least, that's how all the PO Boxes I've had have been treated.

So...

The best way to get a PO box without your real name on it is to open on at Mailboxes Etc (now called the UPS Store).

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    BTW...the US postal service is a federal entity, so any crimes committed on their premises is considered a federal crime. I would not use a US Postal Service PO box for gear.

mr.black is offline New Member

thanks

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks guys

workdude is offline Senior Member
    P.O. Box. No No No thats one way to go.

ive been using a po for the past year for my stuff, and ive never had a problem. the reason i havnt had a problem is because most of the stuff shipped to me is domestic. i wouldnt recommend you get one if your buying overseas.

you dont need a proof of mail carrier etc etc. you just need 2 proofs of ID bro. like an insurance card and your license. i was never asked to bring a piece of mail like the others bros r saying

Thread Information