Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend

Angry Gotten As Big As I Can Naturally 18 Y/o

hey, im pretty new to this site. Iv been reading threads and posts for the past month and found lots of good info!

Im 18 years old and have been training since iv been 13 naturally.

Im 6'1 and weigh about 230 (12-15% BF) ..fresh outta highschool.

This past year, i havent noticed too many gains if not, any in strength or size
    Iv even upped my calorie/protein intake and kept my carbs also pretty high..I change my workouts about every month but no changes..I think iv maxed out my potential naturally

Iv done a cycle of prohormones this past month and they didnt reeally work..maybe added 5 lbs to my bench but thats it

I know everyone is going to say im too young and all but im thinking of turning to juice..Let me know if you have any other ideas

Im thinking of doing a deca /dbol and test e cycle

any input appreaciated
    Last edited by Rob; 12-08-2004 at 07:02 PM.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    if you really want to do a cycle why not do a test e only cycle?

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    keep going, no doubt you've made some great gains but you still have great potential for growth since test is flooding your system now.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    if you really want to do a cycle why not do a test e only cycle?
    Because he's 18, growth plates still aren't fused (even if he is 6'1")

Rob
    Iv been stuck at this plateau for quite sometime..well over 10 months
    Dbol 2 kick start the cycle
    And iv heard notihng but good things with these 3 stacked together but before I do anything im just seeking more advice..thanks for input guys

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Because he's 18, growth plates still aren't fused (even if he is 6'1")
    agreed. def wait till your 20 or 21. just keep working at it and you'll come over the hump eventually.

Juice Weasel is offline New Member
    try a cocaine and extasy cycle

Rob
    lol been there done that

well if you really want to know if your done growing go get an xray of your wrist and that will tell you wether or not you are

Rob
    how would that work? never heard of that before?

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're 6'1 and only 18, 230lbs @ 15% bf definetly isn't your genetic max, your LBM is still under 200lbs and for being that tall its not significant. Do yourself a favour and stay natty till your 21+ bro

you can see wether or not your growth plates are still visible if they are your not done growing if you cannot see them inthe xray you are done growing

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I highly doubt you've maxed out on your gentic potential. This seems to be coming up alot lately. I doubt anyone on here did before they started AAS. Point being you'd still be better off waiting atleast a few years before jumping in, you can still grow naturally, with proper diet.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    well if you really want to know if your done growing go get an xray of your wrist and that will tell you wether or not you are
    actually that would tell you if your wrist was done growing genius, its only a guesstimate that (foolish) doctors use.

An epiphyseal bone growth study would tell you if your done growing... Or you could just use letrozole , preventing growth plate fusion, as it is estrogen and t3 that are key players in chrondocyte maturity, not the testosterone ....

use letrozole, and that no longer becomes a factor, or at least it is minimalized.
    There are still other risks, but you need to balance those out on your own and decide if its worth it!

thickmass is offline Member
    Theres no way you reached a natural limit. Consult a trainer and get your routine and diet a shake-up.

and just to add i DO agree with most people here. you did NOT reach your "genetic potential" at 18. not possible bro.

toolman is offline Banned
    Be paient grasshopper. You can wait a couple more years of natural growth before you start playing with your hormones. I don't care what some on here will tell you, 18 is too young. Good luck and great work being so dedicated to a healthy lifestyle at such a young age.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    hey, im pretty new to this site. Iv been reading threads and posts for the past month and found lots of good info!

Im 18 years old and have been training since iv been 13 naturally.

Im 6'1 and weigh about 230 (12-15% BF) ..fresh outta highschool..played football(linebacker).

This past year, i havent noticed too many gains if not, any in strength or size
    Iv even upped my calorie/protein intake and kept my carbs also pretty high..I change my workouts about every month but no changes..I think iv maxed out my potential naturally

Iv done a cycle of prohormones this past month and they didnt reeally work..maybe added 5 lbs to my bench but thats it

I know everyone is going to say im too young and all but im thinking of turning to juice..Let me know if you have any other ideas

Im thinking of doing a deca /dbol and test e cycle

any input appreaciated
    i here ya bro, i am 5'9 18 and bout 215-220 I am gonna at least wait till i am 20. did you try the dog crap routine, because i am starting it soon. after 6 hard months of gaining not much, i just started growing and gaining strength again. I am no where near my potential and am determined to bench 400 naturally first. Bro, just think about how awesome it would be to add about 80 pounds to your bench during your first cycle when you can already bench 400.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    I am no where near my potential and am determined to bench 400 naturally first. Bro, just think about how awesome it would be to add about 80 pounds to your bench during your first cycle when you can already bench 400.
    if you need help with that shoot me a pm, and ya im beeing serious, im not trying to sound like a concieded prick.

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    actually that would tell you if your wrist was done growing genius, its only a guesstimate that (foolish) doctors use.
    Did you knwo that the wrist growth plate fuses before the distal femoral epiphysis, which determines how high you grow

meat is offline Associate Member
    stay natural like others have said,your test is through the roof right now change your routine mix your diet up and keep your body guessing.....you will grow.

Did you knwo that the wrist growth plate fuses before the distal femoral epiphysis, which determines how high you grow
    did you also know that the use of letrozole in a small dose over a long period of time can delay this fusion for significant amount of time? And that not all growth plates fuse correctly or when they are supposed to (due to varying levels of growth hormone , igf-1, free test, estrogen,etc), that is why we have conditions such as turners syndrome, ISS, etc....that could in turn lead to disproportionate growth, aka unbalanced, premature, and/or untimely growth plate fusion

workdude is offline Senior Member
    good advise. Pay attention!

Matt76 is offline New Member
    Sounds to me it's just time to switch it up. That is where tons of ppl make a mistake. They go in and do the same exercises every workout. I know a guy at the gym who benches 315x4 not bad but he has been stuck there for 3years yeah u heard right 3years why??? b/c he does the same thing every time and his body has adapted to his trainging.

I say just change the way you train for a few months and see what happens. I bet you will be suprised

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Most people I've known have gained more weight between 18-21 than all 4 years of high school. Hang in there the weight will come.

angelxterminator: i just think its an off remark to say that foolish doctors judge wether or not you are done growing by taking an xray of your wrist because alot of them do im not flaming you but i mean who are you to say that a doctor is foolish for doing such a thing did you go to med school?

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    dude get a trainer that will make you work your ass off...i wish i had done that before i started roids...my trainer added more reps and weight to my workouts and also reduced my resting time by 50%-75% and had me start doing supersets...and god **** my muscles were in shock and started growing quickly...and i know it wasnt the roids becuz i had only started roids a week before this and test e doesnt kick in til about 4th week. try that out dude.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    dude get a trainer that will make you work your ass off...i wish i had done that before i started roids...my trainer added more reps and weight to my workouts and also reduced my resting time by 50%-75% and had me start doing supersets...and god **** my muscles were in shock and started growing quickly...and i know it wasnt the roids becuz i had only started roids a week before this and test e doesnt kick in til about 4th week. try that out dude.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Stay the natural path for 5 more years. You are young and in the next few years up to 22yrs you can make some good jumps. Be patient and realize what you have done thus far which is very good. If you start now you may regret it latter,why gain 25lbs more in 3-4 months on juice vs 25lbs naturally in say 2-3 yrs? Yea I know it is a big time difference but would you not wish to have keepable quality gains instead of potentially losing most then get depressed? Bottom line you are risking with your endrocrine system so very vital to ones overall health. Think long term NOT short term to satisfy your ego. Good luck

kelkaz is offline Junior Member
    stay naturall at least 21. i`m at my natural potential is not an excuse, change your excercises and redesign your diet.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's simple.

Go take a picture right now and post it.

We can tell you if you should stay natural or not.

Never been easier!

~SC~

Yes, you should stay natural, but if you decide to start juicing, which you probably will, 500mg of test e is all you need to gain 25+ pounds.

Thread Information