djacosta is offline Junior Member

BP juice and diuretics

I was wondering if it would be dangerous to stay on very low doses of a diuretic say HCTZ(25mg or less) to control the increase BP that you get from using juice. No matter if I use a antiestrogen or not some of the water retention elavates my bp and so i am wondering if this is an Ok thing to do
    thanks

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Have you tried letrozole (femera)? It's a research chem that holds the bloat down...And of course, the more fluid you drink, the less you'll retain...Although hctz is not as potent as Lasix, I'd try to avoid using it unless absolutely necessary....Just my .02

djacosta is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Have you tried letrozole (femera)? It's a research chem that holds the bloat down...And of course, the more fluid you drink, the less you'll retain...Although hctz is not as potent as Lasix, I'd try to avoid using it unless absolutely necessary....Just my .02
    yes you are very correct i am actually taking femera right now but it has not helped with my blood pressure..and i have been drinking about abit more than a gallon a day of water...i know people before there shows do lasix and higher doses but what if you do very low doses of hctz say the lowest is 25mg and you can cut it in half...that should be also helpfull...h

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If you are sure the BP problem is fluid related, I would also try the 12.5mg dose of hctz..I thought my bp problems were fluid related, but @ my annual physical, my doc started me on Atacand for my bp( I believe it's an angiotensin, but I may be wrong). Also, any added sodium really kills me....especially if I cheat and eat something loaded with MSG (i.e. Chinese food, cured meats, etc.)..Keep up the fluids, monitor your bp, and unless you're familiar with Lasix, steer clear of it...it can deplete you in a heartbeat...good luck...

russia dog is offline Member
    Edema may be most efficiently and safely mobilized by giving LASIX on 2 to 4 consecutive days each week.

Thread Information