Thread: Growing taller?

CutPimp is offline New Member

Growing taller?

What is some stuff that i can take that will make me grow taller? Im still growing and im trying to figure out what i can take. I have been looking at HGH and its seems to be the best thing so far? Im pretty thin.. 6'2" 145 and so i think that will also put on some weight. I am pretty cut i just need to gain weight and i want to grow taller. anyone have any advice or suggestions or expierences?
    Thanks!

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm since you have to be at least 18 to be a member on this board chances are something is wrong here. Typically by the age of 18 growth plates have sealed leaving no more room for growth. So either you're not 18 or you are and they are still open which I highly doubt.

IMO at 6'2 145, wow I'd be way more concerned about putting on some weight rather then getting taller.

i am 18 and my family (brothers) kept growing til they were 20.. and i want to be taller because im the second shortest in my family and i just want to be taller. and i read that HGH will help me put on weight because i have been trying and its really hard for me to put on a pound.

muscle_20 is offline Member
    at age 19 i was 5ft7 and i started using drugs(steriods )which closes your growth plates,for the last 4 months i have been using 2iu gh and last week my trainer said that i had grown so i measured my self and sure enough i am near 5ft9now..........he also told me that in texas the coaches give high school kids hgh to make them taller for football.
    i never believed any one when they said this could happen but sure enough even though i have been taking test for a year now(on and off)i have grown close to 2 inches........i was 5ft7 since the age of 17 so the increase in height i contribute this to hgh.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova
    IMO at 6'2 145, wow I'd be way more concerned about putting on some weight rather then getting taller.

I was thinkin the exact same thing as I was reading his opening post.

Yeah bro ........ at 6'2 145 u must be a twig bro ..... if i were u, id worry about puttin on some weight rather than getting taller .........check out the diet forum and read the "how to bulk" sticky on top of the page ....... then u can head over to the workout forum for some help with ur workout plan

Im pretty thin.. but i have been working out.. im pretty cut i just need some weight! heres my pic... http://forums.steroid.com/attachment...0&d=1142706738

good body man just eat more clean calories.........alot of people would kill for a body like that!not every one likes a big huge guy i honestly think you would be more popular with the majority of girls looking like that than if you were huge!

THANKS!, i have come to realize that girls like thinner guys and the funny thing is i have always wanted a big ass body and to be pretty big. But most of the girls i have come across say its super hot when a guy is thin and cut... and i dont mind being thin and i have gotten used to it but in my situation i think im tooo thin.. 6'2" and 145.. maybe like 160 would be nice.. that would be like a dream come true.. and i want to be taller because im like the shortest in the family.. kinda sux.. but just a little taller, heh

cheezy12 is offline Junior Member
    If your still growing I would try to keep it at a good higher callorie diet. For example alot of protien, creatine and a good amino acid supp. everything comes down to diet. If your looking to get taller you should wait to use any gear it affects people differently.

man your plenty tall you make me look like a dwarf!lol
    yeah for the ladies trust me how you look you will pull much more....when i was looking like you i pulled left rite and center,now i still do but a hell of a lot less!lol your fine how you are man just eat a bit more steak and keep doing what your doing.at least you wont have as many back probs as the other giants in your family!

Doors is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle_20
    good body man just eat more clean calories.........alot of people would kill for a body like that!not every one likes a big huge guy i honestly think you would be more popular with the majority of girls looking like that than if you were huge!
    NOt me! Have to agree though, eat more clean calories.

@doors:well me not either man!lol but seeing that most people have no muscle and just a bit of fat thats quite a good body mostly if he allways looks like that.

ok well, the if hgh is wayyy to much then wut else do u guys suggest.. Mind this is mainly to grow taller and to build muscle mass.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    If it werent good it wouldn't cost as much..

what else..

strech yourself thru some sort of kinky bondage thing?

good damn man your pissing me off now!i am not even 5ft9 and i am well happy with this and your 6ft2 how much taller would you wana get????
    there is no steriod that will make you taller,maybe anavar if you were in your early teens but at your age it looks like your stuck at your measly 6ft2!lol

Shield is offline New Member
    is the hgh can make someone taller after age 21 ?

6ft2 ?? how much cm is 6ft2 ??

i ask too much i know

no once you hit 21 i dont think any thing will make you grow any more.

well 5ft8 is 173cm so 6ft2 is around 190cm

190cm is good i wish i could be 6ft2 im now 173cm and im ok i, not short not tall

chest6 is offline Banned
    oh that hgh stuff isn't real hgh..its crap that is useless. Real hgh is thousands of $s

NoFaith068 is offline Associate Member
    6'2" why do you want to grow taller? Try being in my boat - 5'5" and certainly not growing any from here! lol

i kno im already tall i just want to up there with my brothers and i love being tall and i want to be a little taller... lol

Quote Originally Posted by CutPimp
    Im pretty thin.. but i have been working out.. im pretty cut i just need some weight! heres my pic... http://forums.steroid.com/attachment...0&d=1142706738

This looks like the pic Testosterona had up as his avy or maybe still does.

well thats my pic.. if thats wut ur getting at..

well thats my pic.. if thats wut ur getting at..

Actually I was just comparing the two. I'm sure if you wanted to use someone elses pic it wouldnt be this one. No worries.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Im pretty happy at 5'11", plus my workboots get me a little above 6' Im not tall enough to be a basketball star, but taller than most women--the hot ones anyway

Mark Phillipi is a great inspiration to me too, I am pretty sure he is 5'10"; so you can be a very succesful strongman competition without being real tall.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    i am 18 and my family (brothers) kept growing til they were 20.. and i want to be taller because im the second shortest in my family and i just want to be taller. and i read that HGH will help me put on weight because i have been trying and its really hard for me to put on a pound.
    You have a limit based on your foot size... your foot is probably close to gettin as big as it will get but there are lots of guys who have been known to grow a few more inches as late as the age of 24. If you are as tall as you can get, you probably have a 12 inch shoe. If you are like size 13 or 14 you are sure to get taller, be patient because hormones including HGH might mess you up at your age. There is also one thought that believes the only chance to grow your penis bigger is between ages of 15 and 20, but this requires testosterone injections that could threaten the continued growth of height. Also the supplements Nolvadex and Clomid are believed to directly close growth plates because of their estrogen like properties so stay away from cycling.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Work on a "get fat" diet, like more calaries, more protein and you will automatically be assured you will grow as tall as possible. You are so skinny because perhaps you ARE growing taller now but restrained by your calarie intake. It takes about 25,000 calaries to gain a pound of bone and about 10,000 calaries to grow a pound of muscle. Try getting some high calarie and protein weight gainer shakes and work on increasing your weight to 170 lbs... workout while you are at it so you grow muscularly instead of fat.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    man, stop comparing yourself to the rest of your family and compare yourself to the normal average male!!! so what if they're taller?! if you're looking to get into gear just to get taller, you're getting into it for the wrong reason. i've personally never heard of any kind of aas making you taller, but maybe in exceptionally rare cases, people have that reaction to it. gear never made me taller, just wider, thicker, and bulkier as it should. for most people, it tends to stunt their growth (except for gh).

other than the fact that the rest of your family is taller, why else do you want to be taller? is that really the only reason? what does it matter if you're not as tall as them? what does that have to do with anything?! i just don't get it?

don't know what kind of girls you think like the tall lanky look, but plenty more women love an average height, well built guy. i'm going with everyone else on the remark that you need to put some weight on, not height. any taller and you'll start looking etheopian. i think you really need to think about this, cause it seems like there's some kind of underlying self-esteem issues here that need to be addressed.
    Last edited by ascendant; 03-19-2006 at 01:02 PM.

sigmatro11 is offline Associate Member
    Ok for those of you who are uneducated on HGH. It will not I repeat will not make you grow taller than your already going too. It doesnt go in and add inches to your growth plates or anything. What it does in the case of people who want to grow is it speeds up the process of your growth getting you to your potenital height quicker. Which it is normally used in the cases of kids who hit their growth spurts late.

Milky87 is offline Member
    Ascendant: there is only about 2,500 kcal in a pound of muscle

CutPimp: Firstly, you must find out if you hvae finished growing yet or not. Go to a doctor and be refered to an X-ray 'place' for a "bone age scan". They will take an X-ray of your hand to see if the plates hve uzed or not. If they have fuzed, your out of luck, if thye havent, they there is still a chance.

While i do not condone it, look into using non-aromatizing androgens such as oxandrolone, primobolan , winstrol or turinabol at low doses.

Another option is an aromatase inhibitor such as letrozole , arimidex or emestane (sp?). These will lower estrogen levels which will help to slow down the rate at which the growth plates close. it will also boost testosterone levels , which will help the bones grow

Personally, If I were you, i wouldbe happy with 6'2". Im only 5'7" while the next closest in my immediate family is my mum at 5'8" and then my younger brother at 6'
    Last edited by Milky87; 03-19-2006 at 07:37 PM.

Thread Information