Nickster#1 is offline Banned

Strength thru the roof, but joints hurtin real bad!!! Need advice!!!!

I am in my third week of dbol , sust and deca and my strength is thru the roof. I took the weekend off to heal, and today was suppose to be my shoulder day, but I couldnt do it because I felt a serious pain in my front right delt, and a little in my left. I warmed up real good but I just couldnt do it. So I decided to do chest and that went well, but my shoulders are killing me. Is my tendons and ligaments having a hard time catching up to my fast increas in strength? What should I do? I actually feel little aches and pains throughout my body, but my shouilders are my main concern. This sucks. I want to lift hard and heavy, but I dont want to injure myself. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Will the deca help when it kicks in? Does deca also help with tendons and ligaments?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickster#1
    I am in my third week of dbol , sust and deca and my strength is thru the roof. I took the weekend off to heal, and today was suppose to be my shoulder day, but I couldnt do it because I felt a serious pain in my front right delt, and a little in my left. I warmed up real good but I just couldnt do it. So I decided to do chest and that went well, but my shoulders are killing me. Is my tendons and ligaments having a hard time catching up to my fast increas in strength? What should I do? I actually feel little aches and pains throughout my body, but my shouilders are my main concern. This sucks. I want to lift hard and heavy, but I dont want to injure myself. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Will the deca help when it kicks in? Does deca also help with tendons and ligaments?
    Bump

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes the deca will def. help when it kicks in. Will it cure your problem, NO.. It will kind of lube your joints and tendons up, so you don't think your problem is gone....Don't think that it is time to go right into the heavy weights, ease your way back into it,listen to your body. Going heavy on deca is a big mistake and trust me your joints and tendons will feel it in the long run. But anyway I would rest your shoulder until it feels better. Ice the hell out of it, and look into some MSM, and some Glucosamine. Feel better bro

Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Yes the deca will def. help when it kicks in. Will it cure your problem, NO.. It will kind of lube your joints and tendons up, so you don't think your problem is gone....Don't think that it is time to go right into the heavy weights, ease your way back into it,listen to your body. Going heavy on deca is a big mistake and trust me your joints and tendons will feel it in the long run. But anyway I would rest your shoulder until it feels better. Ice the hell out of it, and look into some MSM, and some Glucosamine. Feel better bro
    Thanks X, I appriciate your advice. I think that I will have to take a little time off and let my shoulder heal up a little bit. I just hate too when my strength and size are doing so well. Oh well. I still have a solid 10 weeks left on my cycle. I guess 4 or 5 days wont hurt it that bad, will it?

mikeyb is offline Junior Member
    eat alot with your cycle to so you muscles get the nutrients they need to heal

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Thanks X, I appriciate your advice. I think that I will have to take a little time off and let my shoulder heal up a little bit. I just hate too when my strength and size are doing so well. Oh well. I still have a solid 10 weeks left on my cycle. I guess 4 or 5 days wont hurt it that bad, will it?
    I dont think 4 or 5 days will hurt that bad. Think about it this way its not 1 week. Like X said, ice that shoulder, and unfortunately muscle builds a lot quicker than joints and tendons get stronger. You gotta play Catch up. Dont go heavy, but for legs let's say, thhat has nothing to do with your shoulder so you can go heavy there, just make sure you have a GOOD spotter if doing squats. Listen to you body, if it hurts dont push it to the limit. Dont want to hurt yourself so bad that you need way more time off than 4 or 5 days,

Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    I dont think 4 or 5 days will hurt that bad. Think about it this way its not 1 week. Like X said, ice that shoulder, and unfortunately muscle builds a lot quicker than joints and tendons get stronger. You gotta play Catch up. Dont go heavy, but for legs let's say, thhat has nothing to do with your shoulder so you can go heavy there, just make sure you have a GOOD spotter if doing squats. Listen to you body, if it hurts dont push it to the limit. Dont want to hurt yourself so bad that you need way more time off than 4 or 5 days,
    Thanks for your input bro. Its just what I needed to hear. Guess I gotta play catch up for a little while.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    i have the same problem with my shoulders not holding up with the strength increase. for instance when doing weighted dips: my chest and tris can do the 100 & 45# plate for reps but my shoulder just can't handle it. it's weird b/c it doesn't hurt on shoulder days, just flat bench, decline, and dips. the deca will lube it up temporarily but be careful when doing heavy weight.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i had the same problem bro, i tried taking a couple days off and it didnt do anything. i'd say take it easy for a week or 2. and definatley get some glucosamine.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    i had the same problem bro, i tried taking a couple days off and it didnt do anything. i'd say take it easy for a week or 2. and definatley get some glucosamine.
    Just so you know, glucosamine takes about 20 days of taking it daily for it to start building up where it needs to. Its not like taking aspirin and getting instant relief and lots of arthritus patients have taken glucosamine for like a week and lost interest because they didnt feel any different. It takes continuous doses of 20 days just to start feeling some improvement, a full 30 to get a lot of improvement and you have to keep taking it religiously or you loose its affect. Sometimes things like fish oil or flax seed oil will offer faster relief.

Latimus is offline Banned
    MSM, and some Glucosamine"

exactly....helps to lube them up bro

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think deca has actually been shown to increase tendon sythesis.... somewhere on here there is a chart of what steroid do what.. i think test and dbol both decrease synthesis but deca increases it by some insane amount.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    GLUCOSOMINE......My doctor told me to take it when I was prescribed test. Build up your lifts a little slower before going really heavy. And definately stretch before working out, I cant tell you how many times I was in a hurry and didnt stretch and pulled something even with light weight. I dont make that mistake anymore and I am pushing some pretty good weight right now. Bench 415, Curl 90's and 100# dumbells etc. and havent had an injury for awhile. I think it has a lot to do with the glucosomine and stretching out before working out. JMO

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    i think deca has actually been shown to increase tendon sythesis.... somewhere on here there is a chart of what steroid do what.. i think test and dbol both decrease synthesis but deca increases it by some insane amount.
    What Deca does is that it stores more water in the connective tissue. It also blocks cortisone receptors to alleviate pain. This reduces the amt of cortisone reaching the muscle cells & connective tissue cells.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like exactly what happened to me about three years ago, I was in the middle of a deca and test cycle and I was going pretty heavy on incline and my shoulders started to hurt just a little bit but the weight kept going up really easy, so I didn't think anything of it and a week later the pain was so bad that I had to stop lifting. I had torn my rotator cuff and didn't even know it. So basically what I'm saying is if it gets worse or get any better soon go to the doctor because it could be worse then you think.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    heres whats happenin...you are getting so much fvcking strength that you can lift a lot but your muscles arent ready for it yet...i dunno if someone has already said this...but that is what is wrong....you need to slowly work your way to lifting a lot more than what you used to. i hope this helps.

Thread Information