redwizza is offline Associate Member

swollen prostate

a buddy of mine got a swollen prostate from using test e 500mg pw for 8 weeks! hes taking some meds to help with the situation, but he still complains of the pains and not getting strong boners. can anyone recomend any otc products that will help with a thing like that? thanks

kronik is offline Senior Member
    saw palmetto is all i can think of right now..

shiloh is offline Junior Member
    beta-sitosterol 125-250 mg per day

nettle 250-300 mg nettle root extract twice a day

pygeum africanum 50-100 mg twice a day

saw palmetto

CajunMuscle is offline Associate Member
    I too experience prostate trouble when im using Test, i try and utilize large doses of saw palmetto to combat this. i also stock up on anti biotics in case this happens. i think its a pretty common thing.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Proscar was made for this problem.It's not OTC, but I would try to get some anyway as it would far surpass the effectiveness of OTC stuff.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Beta Sitosterol(which is the active ingredient in Saw Palmetto) at 300mg/day. Try Maximum Better Prostate from www.youngagain2000.com.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Good luck bro but if it continues id go see a doc. Better safe than sorry

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redwizza
    a buddy of mine got a swollen prostate from using test e 500mg pw for 8 weeks! hes taking some meds to help with the situation, but he still complains of the pains and not getting strong boners. can anyone recomend any otc products that will help with a thing like that? thanks
    If you are over 40, should have a prostate exam which is also done with blood test. If you have prostate problems, you should not take steroids . In fact the primary treatment of prostate problems sometimes includes suppression of your natural testosterone production. It seems enlarged prostate, testicular cancer or prostate cancer can all be accellerated by testosterone and the androgenic steroids. Its also possible that the swollen prostate is "irreversable" so just stopping steroids might not make the problem go away. He might need something inserted up the penis that inflates a balloon and opens up the pee way so to speak, this can help if he is having too many problems. Best to go see a doctor because prostate problems including cancer is "as common" on men as breast cancer is on women and its the most likely cancer men can get of all.

I also was told by a doctor that "not ejaculating" enough over your life time helps encourage prostate enlargement. Yep, when your wife doesnt want to give you a piece for a couple weeks at a time, she is damaging your health! Its a good idea for men to make sure if they dont have a girlfriend or the wife is being frigid, you should jack off and do this all your life. Shouldnt go more then 3 or 4 days at a time without shooting the goo.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 10-18-2004 at 09:35 AM.

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    only use proscar if u really need it though, maybe after cycle, i asked my doc about it and he said if u use proscar that u should be off steroids . the reason for this is simply because your prostate enlarges due to the high test in your body, the prostate feeds off the test and enlarges, when u use it during a cycle itll just lower the test and stop your gains so youd might as well not juice it or stop right before taking it. the two drugs will just counteract eachother and no progress will be made... good luck with it bro..

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redwizza
    Did a doc say it's swollen or does he "think" it's swollen?
    Maybe he is super sensitive to cycle crash (like me), maybe his pct sucks and hasn't recovered?

If his Doc said so he should have presribed something.
    If he hasn't i suggest more clomid.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    It is recommended after 40 get a PSA test. I am assumming your buddy is not that old but at any rate if he is on meds he probably had one. Values must be less than 4ng/dl typically <1 is good. Prostate cancer is very high in aging men and he may be developing some abnormalities which the test may effect it. I would suggest stop taking AAS till it gets resolved now. Early detection is key here.

sore24/7 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy20
    only use proscar if u really need it though, maybe after cycle, i asked my doc about it and he said if u use proscar that u should be off steroids. the reason for this is simply because your prostate enlarges due to the high test in your body, the prostate feeds off the test and enlarges, when u use it during a cycle itll just lower the test and stop your gains so youd might as well not juice it or stop right before taking it. the two drugs will just counteract eachother and no progress will be made... good luck with it bro..
    Proscar will increase the amount of actual real test that gets into your blood this drug was made to block the conversion of test to dht. It is the dht that is harmful. So will it block your gains? Hell no.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    If you are over 40, should have a prostate exam which is also done with blood test. If you have prostate problems, you should not take steroids . In fact the primary treatment of prostate problems sometimes includes suppression of your natural testosterone production. It seems enlarged prostate, testicular cancer or prostate cancer can all be accellerated by testosterone and the androgenic steroids. Its also possible that the swollen prostate is "irreversable" so just stopping steroids might not make the problem go away. He might need something inserted up the penis that inflates a balloon and opens up the pee way so to speak, this can help if he is having too many problems. Best to go see a doctor because prostate problems including cancer is "as common" on men as breast cancer is on women and its the most likely cancer men can get of all.

I also was told by a doctor that "not ejaculating" enough over your life time helps encourage prostate enlargement. Yep, when your wife doesnt want to give you a piece for a couple weeks at a time, she is damaging your health! Its a good idea for men to make sure if they dont have a girlfriend or the wife is being frigid, you should jack off and do this all your life. Shouldnt go more then 3 or 4 days at a time without shooting the goo.
    shiit i must have the healthiest prostate in n.c. then hahahahaha. wack wack wack wack

Thread Information