hippofatimus is offline New Member

DNP or AAS for a cutting cycle?

Hi all. I've been lurking a while but it's time to step out of the shadows and get some advice from you knowledgeable folks. I'm 5"11, 200 lbs @ roughly 25% bf.

I've been dieting for about 10 months now (long layoff after RTA put 90+ lbs of blubber on me!) and I have another 35lbs to lose. The prospect of more dieting does not appeal, especially because fat loss has now crawled to about 1 lb a week.

I want to try either a few low dose DNP cycles (200mg ed for 14 days) , or a 6 week AAS cutting cycle. (Please don't flame me for considering DNP. I know some of you are really against it - this thread isn't for you guys).

Should I do the DNP + a strict diet until I get down to ~165lbs and then bulk or should I start an AAS cycle and hopefully gain some lean mass as well as lose fat.

any thoughts?

p.s. clen isn't really an option because it gives me terrible shakes and it interefers with my work.

birsling is offline Member
    Bro, I at one time lost a lot of weight. I know you say more dieting doesn't appeal to you, but maybe try having someone design a different diet. Changing things up should help to speed up fat loss again.

Right now, I say stick to a new diet, and run no aas or DNP . JMO

thanks for your input birsling. It's good advice, but tbh I don't know what else to try bro. I've naturally always been fat and it looks like years of junk food and laziness have made my already high set point even higher. Most diet approaches work for a month or so before fat loss slows or stops. Here's what I've tried so far (or slight variations of them):

- straight ketogenic diet
    - ketogenic diet with a weekly refeed
    - venuto's BTFFTM approach
    - the body-for-life program (minus the EAS shakes - sub'd with real food instead)
    - 50/50 carbs/protein and low fat
    - protein sparing modified fast (but I was only able to stick to it for 12 days)

I've also tried variations in my training, increasing or reducing the cardio some weeks, and the same for weights on other weeks. Basically, with the exception of psmf, I've given each appraoch about 6 weeks. Around that time the fat loss more or less stops and I have to chop and change things to get it going again. Every approach has worked well for me, except high carb low fat. I actually gained weight on that despite eating below maintainence (and it wasn't just water, I allowed for that).

is there anything I've missed or am I just incredibly resistant to losing fat?

MaNofSteeL is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hippofatimus
    thanks for your input birsling. It's good advice, but tbh I don't know what else to try bro. I've naturally always been fat and it looks like years of junk food and laziness have made my already high set point even higher. Most diet approaches work for a month or so before fat loss slows or stops. Here's what I've tried so far (or slight variations of them):

- straight ketogenic diet
    - ketogenic diet with a weekly refeed
    - venuto's BTFFTM approach
    - the body-for-life program (minus the EAS shakes - sub'd with real food instead)
    - 50/50 carbs/protein and low fat
    - protein sparing modified fast (but I was only able to stick to it for 12 days)

I've also tried variations in my training, increasing or reducing the cardio some weeks, and the same for weights on other weeks. Basically, with the exception of psmf, I've given each appraoch about 6 weeks. Around that time the fat loss more or less stops and I have to chop and change things to get it going again. Every approach has worked well for me, except high carb low fat. I actually gained weight on that despite eating below maintainence (and it wasn't just water, I allowed for that).

is there anything I've missed or am I just incredibly resistant to losing fat?
    It's all still in the diet bro.. have u tried carb cycling?

I've not tried carb cycling. I looked at UD2 but got the impression that it's only for lean folks (<12%) trying to get leaner so I dismissed it. I'll look into again though now that you mention it. thanks

thick one is offline Associate Member
    "hippofatimus" that's some funny ****. anyway, have you tried clen /t3 combo?? i would try this before i'd fuk around with dnp . also, a low dose of test prop to maintain muscle while using t3 wouldn't hurt. what i don't understand is that your goal is to be 5'11" 165? don't use weight as a calibur for success, use the mirror or the digital camera. but, before i would start this, i would get some lab work done and check you thyroid functions t4, t3, free t3. could be you have a hypothyroid as it is..

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Just my opinion bro.... if your at 25% bf and you are struggling to lose weight, its all your dietary approach along with your cardio. You should go to the diet forum and post your diet to have it critiqued.

If you cant take clen because it interferes with work, dnp isnt going to be any bettter because you will be sweating all the time and you will feel fatigued. As for doing clen/t3 combo, dependent on your doses, you will sweat just as much as low doses of dnp.

Good luck,

-ost

Thread Information