Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stay safe!

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator

stay safe!

i've seen too many good bros go down in my lifetime for ridiculous things, many of them that could have been avoided. here are some of the things i've learned:

use a local source. don't risk it with customs. if the price of overseas gear is too enticing for you then make sure you have nothing else in your house that could get you in trouble around the time that you're supposed to get your package. i've seen too many people get reemed up the ass when their houses get searched. in most cases the feds won't come after you if a small amount of steroids get seized by customs, but i've known one person who got a controlled delivery for an order of 18 sust amps that got seized from costa rica and another who got it for 3 bottles of t200 and a bottle of deca which he tried to ship it to himself from mexico. both these people had a lot of other things in their homes and were eventually charge for possession of these extra "things." if you import steroids, according to the federal sentencing guidelines it's only a level 6 offense or less unless you're a big time dealer and you import a shitload, the offense level will be higher. level 6 can carry no more than a 6 month sentence and is almost always given as probation even if you're convicted. however, if you posess some more illegal things in your house the sentencing could be drastically different.

"RETURN TO SENDER" doesn't work!

one of the people i mentioned before wrote this on there as soon as he received shipment and the feds swarmed his house 2 minutes later and arrested him. according to them you're still in posession of illegal goods. it doesn't seem fair, but that's the way the law is.

you don't have to sign a package to get busted for it, but the signature would make the case against you even stronger.

i used to think getting gear delivered to you in your real name is the safest way to go, but not anymore. the best way is to get a magazine subscription in a fake name to your house, but don't pay for this subsription. get one of those where there's an option on the card to just send you the bill along with the first issue. after not paying you'll get repeated collection attempts for that other name. this will establish some sort of bad credit, but legitimacy in the eyes of the postal sorters. have gear delivered to that person. undercovered postal workers typically will bring it to your door and will ask you if you're this person that it's addressed to. if you say no, but i keep getting annoying collections mail for this guy then they can't really do anything and you'll lose your gear. if it's a real postal worker who just wants to deliver it to your door then you'll lose perfectly good gear out of paranoia, so the best thing to do is to make sure that you're not home when the gear is scheduled to arrive. always have your source send you the tracking number to that package so you know exactly what it's doing.

if the package is domestic then there's practically no chance you'll get a controlled delivery unless you're a source and one of your customers got popped and rolled on you.

if you're really paranoid like i am, wear gloves when handling the money and envelope that you send out. either have someone else write the addresses for you or print out the labels on a printer.

clear your computer records periodically. don't cookie any incriminating web sites. store any sensitive information on an encrypted email database and not on your hard drive.

feds have recently started coming on elitefitness to monitor people's activities and make some busts. this is the reason why a very popular person was busted just 2 weeks ago. always be careful what you say. i don't think they're on this board yet, but some of the newbies make me suspicious... i think this is why this board has an automatic censor every time someone types a certain combination of 2 letters. all his shipments are already so closely watched that people are getting popped left and right.

sorry, rambling now...

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Awesome post good guys like you are keeping us up to date on this sorta thing.

also, an advice to the sources, don't get greedy and just take anyone. being selective and staying in the game longer will be much more profitable, not to mention less stressful.

take time to view the profile of each new customer and see whether or not you can trust him based on his previous posts. if a guy has 100 posts making wise cracks then it's not someone i'd entrust my freedom to.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Solid post bro. I think I'll stick to domestic. Thanks for the heads up.

Methuselah is offline Member
    Originally posted by Dr.Evil
    if a guy has 100 posts making wise cracks then it's not someone i'd entrust my freedom to.
    What are you trying to say? At least half of my posts are wise cracks!

Ironweb is offline Member
    Great advise thank you.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    good work bro!

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    Dr Evil have no fear im a cool newbie

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Great post dude, very informative and helpful

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    more than a few things to consider in that post!

gchild is offline New Member
    As a newbie I appreciate reading a post like this....it tells me that there truly are some trust worthy people out there! Good lookin' out Dr.Evil!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Maybe you should also add in the hidden dangers of using domestic sources like actually receiving the goods directly off your source.How do you know they have not been caught and co-operating with the law?

We are in a risky game and I think everyone with a gram of intellgance knows that personally using the gloves I think I,d look a prat walking into a postoffice with a pair of gloves on to place a moneygram order without ever taking them off.

people do need to be safe but I believe if you are a small time user who may do a couple of cycles a year they are not going to bust your ass for it.Lets face it motoring offences are an easier way of making money with less paperwork.

Thankfully I live in the UK where our laws are more relaxed maybe everybody on this board should read up on the law for their country and where they actually stand in this postition of ordering from overseas

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    good post... bump

oilfueled is offline New Member
    Great post bro keep em coming, very informative

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for taking the time bro.

Tex
    Tex is offline Junior Member
    good post evil

good addition billy boy. definitely know your laws. i'd suggest using a postal drop box to drop off mail. i wear gloves, but never to the post office or to get a money order. i've never handled any transactions with anything other than cash.

if your source gets busted and decides to roll he's not going to set up a customer on a controlled buy because that's not the the feds are interested in. they want to know where the source got his gear from and bust his source. this is a legitimate concern for some sources who sell to peole who might sell it around town carelessly. unfortunately i can't provide input on how a domestic source can avoid trouble because sources go into this game knowing the risk and should be willling to pay the consequences.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well, I agree with Billy here, most "Gov Agencies" want to bust the sources, not the "standard job blow buyer". But that is how they get to the sources thru buyers.
    but then again, some "authority figures" want to make examples, and will bust a small one time buyer to scare everyone.
    Just watch yourself, guys, I can confirm what Dr. Evil and I were talking about yesterday with some of the guys over at "another popular board" and my source guy is getting more and more cautious, cause he heard the same thing.
    Remember check out your sources carefully, and be patient, "good things come to those who wait". '
    But Mr. I mean Dr. Evil, thanks for the heads up, it is always good to see a post by your espeically on a subject such as this.

Mr. Fina is offline Associate Member
    For being "Evil" you sure are a helpful bro.

To go along with what Dr. Evil said

Just don't put yourself in a position that you can't get yourself out of.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Damn I hate law enforcement and our politcal system...Big pain in the ass...Nice post Dr. Evil...Must be nice for those of you who live in the UK...(except I'll bet I get my Ttokkyo much cheaper) LOL

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    Very nice post mr. evil

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Dr.Evil
    if a guy has 100 posts making wise cracks then it's not someone i'd entrust my freedom to.
    I resemble that remark.....

sniper105 is offline Junior Member
    Good post Evil. Just to add my 2 cents, it also depends who busts you. Local cops busting a local guy usually want the bigger fish, (or the supplier to the supplier) cause they get greedy and want to make money (federal dollars) for their Dept. and a name for themselves in the media.
    While the Feds are just glad they made a bust that "might" stick so then they start looking for smaller fish who might be able to testify in court against the source. The Feds already have a name for themselves, and money (from our pockets), so while a bigger fish further up the food chain would be nice it's a lot harder than going after the small fish, again JMO

BTW Doofy nice avatar, can't wait for the movie

nice addition sniper.

bump

bump

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    wicked post "evil"

so many order over sea's tho, and its difficult not to for many.

the smarter this board is, the less visits from law enforcement to members on the board.

remember newbie's its not only you that can get introuble source posting or asking for sources etc. it can hurt us all.

btw - the gloves and secretivness is impressive

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Thats a great post Dr. . Just to add my 2cents, if U do have gear my advice is to get a safe.... If the cops ever come into Ur house for whatever reason (U called 911, probabl cause etc....) they will need a serch warrant for them to crack it open.

Best thing to do is put Ur gear in a place they will never look for...

BIG_JDAWG is offline Associate Member
    usually everyone says that the best thing to do is to get a domestic. but here in the US, there are many things you gotta consider. 1. prices are usually higher in most cases, 2. legit guys are alot harder to find, and 3. they usually get there stuff from overseas anyways. unless they have a connection with a vet. so most guys just always go with an overseas source because the prices are usually pretty damn good. you compare price to the chances of it getting seized and the price ALWAYS wins. because it seems like every American loves to save a buck! lol all in all, we all have to be VERY careful in what we do. not only do we have to protect ourselves, but also our sources! because these guys are putting themselves on the line just to share "goodies" with us! keep that in mind

Big J

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~

Originally posted by BIG_JDAWG
    usually everyone says that the best thing to do is to get a domestic. but here in the US, there are many things you gotta consider. 1. prices are usually higher in most cases, 2. legit guys are alot harder to find, and 3. they usually get there stuff from overseas anyways. unless they have a connection with a vet. so most guys just always go with an overseas source because the prices are usually pretty damn good. you compare price to the chances of it getting seized and the price ALWAYS wins.
    no doubt that overseas is much cheaper. i don't want to sound like i'm saying to stick with domestic, but legit sources, domestic or overseas can be hard to find if you don't have the right connections.

actually most people i know get their gear domestically.

bump

ragin' is offline Associate Member
    good post, thx.

ragin'

hammerhead is offline Member
    Bump needed

Thanks for the post Evil. I often forget to not get careless these reminders are necessary.

Is it true that if the foreign source uses a tracked shipping method they can tell if the package was siezed an send you a heads-up? If so is it also true that you can somehow refuse the package and be okay? What's your thoughts on that?

popeyethasailah is offline Junior Member
    i just want to thank all you guys for your input on this... i hate the fact (as you all do also) that we as bodybuilders, or whatever you want to call yourself, are classified as criminals if we possess or use AS. IGNORANCE is the main reason they are classified this way, you will never see let's say "Dr.Evil" himself on the 10 o clock news talking about how using AS correctly is safer then the common over the counter pill, etc... anyway, you guys have me on my toes now, so i think you.

sniper105 is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by hammerhead
    Bump needed

If so is it also true that you can somehow refuse the package and be okay? What's your thoughts on that?
    Remember with law enforcement, first they have to have probable cause for most things i.e. searches, arrests. Then in a criminal case they (DA's) have to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Ignorance is always a good thing, especially if you can pull it off to the people who matter (the jury).

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Ahhhh, damn! I am glad I live in a place where I don't have to worry about the legal issues. Just walk to the phramacy and buy the gear like you were buying aspirin or condoms...

I don't see society here crumbling 'cuz steroids are legal. I can't see why other countries can't be a bit more enlightened about letting people put what they want into their bodies without requiring the consent of politicians or doctors....

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    A further word of caution:

Just looking over a person's track record of posts won't give you a clue as to whether they are legitimate board members of snoops.

It only stands to reason that the people they would task to a project like surveiling AS bulleting boards would be intelligent people that 1) know body building 2) have some knowledge of AS pharmacology and 3) know the law pretty damn well.

Basically, a good snoop would not sound like a bone head, but rather they would sound like a really intelligent AS user. What better way to build trust?

And they would probably have several people on the board that would each vouch for each other's good reputation just to make the whole operation look more legit.

I don't mean to make people paranoid, just want to give a reality check. The US feds are far from stupid and inept, boys!

Stay safe!

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    Great post, I'm a newbie as far as posts go but I have been reading this as a guest long before and as a member for roughly 2 months maybe 3. Writing a post such as this not only reflects your obvious concern for others but also your knowledge on this subject!

Thank you!

KunipshunFit

Originally posted by hammerhead
    Is it true that if the foreign source uses a tracked shipping method they can tell if the package was siezed an send you a heads-up? If so is it also true that you can somehow refuse the package and be okay? What's your thoughts on that?
    the only way you can track foreign shipments is with express shipping (to my knowledge). this is more expensive and is looked at more carefully by customs.

if you refuse a package during a controlled delivery, they can still arrest you, but they may have a harder time convicting you in court. then again, they can always testify that you accepted the package cuz it will be just your word against theirs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information