WS6_KID is offline Associate Member

TEST has officially kicked in week 4

Well where do I start. This is my first Mass oriented cycle and my god I could not be happier. I'm doing :
    12 weeks
    Test E 750mg/wk (all 12)
    EQ 400 mg/wk (10 weeks)
    Nolva 10 mg/day

I started dbol with the intent to run it the first four weeks but ended up dropping it early due to bloat issues. (i will run it the last 4 to pct)

I started out a 200 even on day one and as of this morning i'm a solid 225 with the abs still showing. I recently moved into my own house so I supply all the food in it and managed to get a ton of time off of work. So basically I've done nothing but eat massive quantities of clean food, train, rest for the last few weeks and the results have been amazing! I say test has kicked in because my already ridiculous sex drive as become the "humping disease" not only that but my weights in the gym have shot up drastically this week (even more than what d-bol accomplished. I did legs last night and just couldnt seem to stop adding weight I set a new peronal best on hack squat of 545 x14 DEEP squats too. I would have added more but it was mind numbing and I could hardly see afterwards. Oh and another thing, coming from a family of people with chicken legs I figured my calves would always lag. But I started hitting them hard with supersets and drop sets outlined in a training program I read here somewhere and printed. But **** daddies got a new set of wheels. Just after a month my calves are catching up to the rest of my physiques rapidly Heres to a cycle going great bros
    Last edited by WS6_KID; 10-22-2004 at 12:09 PM.

Rumble1251 is offline Junior Member
    whats that calf routne?

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member
    Copy and pasted:

"Courtesy of Charles Poliquin.

Q: I've got calves that look like Tara Lipinski's. Once and for all, high reps or low reps? Standing calf raises or seated calf raises? A bullet to my head or a good dose of anthrax?
    A: Perhaps you should stop watching the lithe, supple bodies of young women floating along the ice as their tiny skirts are buoyed upwards by gentle drafts, their budding young breasts delineated by…oh, sorry. I digress. My point is, working calves involves all the brain work you can muster. Calves, physiologically speaking, are problematic. A lot of trainees are frustrated with their calf training because the optimum loading parameters for lower leg development are a lot more restricted than they are, for say, arm training. Contrary to something like biceps work, your calf exercise repertoire is limited. To counter this, you have to be more diligent about manipulating reps, sets, and even rest intervals to give yourself more exercise routine permutations.

Another problem is the limited range of motion afforded by calf movements. Let's say you were doing squats. The range of motion in a squat is considerable and it's easy to vary the tempo. For example, it might take you 3,4,5 or more seconds to complete the eccentric portion of the movement. However, during calf exercises, you have a limited range of motion and you can't vary your tempo as easily as you can in the squat or other exercises.

During the last Olympics in Nagano, a bunch of my athletes from different sports were riding the bus after an event. For some reason, they started discussing the merits of the calf routines I had given them, and in particular, the one I had given to Luke Sauder, one of my alpine skiers. One skier recalled the fact that Luke had come into training camp sporting a new pair of calves, and the ski company rep was freaking out because he had to remold him a new set of boots. I recalled that Luke had wanted a calf routine because big calves prevent knee injuries in alpine skiing (they actually provide a cushion to prevent the skier's knees from reaching too acute an angle as they jet down a mountain).

Anyhow, when I got home, I dug out the routine that I had given Luke from my computer archives. It's one that would serve anyone well. Here it is:

The Luke Sauder Calf Routine

Day 1: High-Volume
    Exercise A: Calf Superset*

A1) Seated Calf Raises
    3 x 10-5-5 (one set of 10 reps, followed by two of 5 reps) at a 101 tempo (1 second to lower the weight, no pause, and 1 second to raise the weight)

A2) Donkey Calf Raises
    3 x 30-50 at a 101 tempo

*After finishing a set of the A1 exercise, proceed immediately to exercise A2. Then rest two minutes before repeating the super set.

Exercise B: Standing Calf Raises

B1) Standing Calf Raises
    10 x 10-30 at a 111 tempo, ten seconds**

**In other words, you'll be doing one, long, extended set, resting ten seconds between each mini-set and lowering the weight in between.
    After day one, you'll probably have to call the fire department to extinguish the fire in your calves. You may also find that you have the same walk as Homer Simpson's 80-year-old father.

Day 2: Low-Volume (to be done 48 hours after Day 1)
    Exercise A: Triple Drop Standing Calf Raises

A1) Triple Drop Standing Calf Raises
    3 x 10-10-10 (in other words, three drop sets) at a 121 tempo,*** resting 90 seconds between sets.

***The pause is taken in the bottom stretch position, and be sure to take the full two seconds.
    This routine provides freaky size increases. As you can see, it uses a great number of total reps. I've found that in order to build calves, you need some frequency of training and some volume, but you can't have both high volume and high frequency. Therefore, I advise training them twice over a five-day cycle, one workout being very high sets (16) and high total reps (250-510 reps); and the other being low sets (3) for a low amount of total reps (90). I've known people to gain in between 5/8ths of an inch to a full inch with this routine in as little as 30 days.

If you fail to meet the aforementioned results, and as far as your suicide option is concerned, may I suggest instead that you watch six back-to-back episodes of "Gilligan's Island": you'd be braindead within the day."

I use this and throw in some front raises at the end. I sit on a bench, chair, whatever so that my thighs are paralel (sp?) to the floor and place the edge of a 45 pound plate on my toe and lift my toes upward until failure. And thats made a noticably big difference as well.....
    Last edited by WS6_KID; 10-22-2004 at 12:13 PM.

Thread Information