fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member

Alcohol and Roids?

does drinking effect u while ur on a cycle? if not does gettin **** faced while ur on a cycle effect u? (effects on ur body and ur results in tha weight room)

GrimmReaper is offline Senior Member
    this thread is on this board a million times....look it up!

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    search this board and you will find out. It has been covered many times. Good luck

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    steriods r already hard on ur liver add alcohol and its its twice as bad. so u shouldnt drink on a cycle. i drink occasionally but dont make a habit out of it.

Ryan2g is offline Junior Member
    just drink a fifth and forget it bro

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    thats what i did last cycle...jus wanted to check if it was a myth or not

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    If your doing any oral gear like Adrol, Win etc. I would not drink at all. Its not worth rishing your health as in death from liver failure. I would think that TES and similar would not be a problem in moderation. There are several reasons not to drink that effect your workout. Dehydration, joint pain, weight gain, barley produces estrogen and on and on and on these are just a few things.

Alcohol can hurt you in the weight room, but if you are doing steroids , then they'll protect you from some of the bad effects of alcohol....

Life Sci. 2003 Dec 12;74(4):419-34.

Effects of anabolic steroids and antioxidant vitamins on ethanol-induced tissue injury.

Celec P, Jani P, Smrekova L, Mrlian A, Kudela M, Hodosy J, Boor P, Kristova V, Jakubovsky J, Jezova D, Halcak L, Bozek P, Slamova J, Ulicna O, Hojsik D, Jurkovicova I.

Faculty of Medicine, Georg-August University, Gottingen, Germany. [email protected]

Various mechanisms are involved in the process of ethanol-induced tissue impairment. Oxidative stress and its effects are among the most important. We compared the effects of antioxidant vitamins (vitamin C and E in combination) and steroids (testosterone and nandrolone separately) on the toxicity of ethanol in rats. Animals (male Wistar rats, n = 48) were randomised into following groups-Control, Ethanol, Testosterone, Ethanol + Testosterone, Ethanol + Nandrolone, Ethanol + Vitamins. Alcohol was given daily by gavage in a dose of 5 g/kg of body weight. On the 27th day of the study the animals were sacrificed by decapitation and tissue samples were taken. Metabolic status, parameters of the hepatic metabolism, hormone levels (testosterone, ACTH, corticosterone), lipoperoxidation markers (malondialdehyde and conjugated diens in forebrain cortex and in cerebellum) and advanced glycation end-products were analysed. Tissue samples underwent histological examination. Histological outcomes showed a protective effect of antioxidants on hepatic and cerebellar injury caused by chronic ethanol intake. Anabolic steroids protected especially the central nervous tissue against the toxicity of alcohol. Both, antioxidant vitamins and anabolic steroids protect against the ethanol-induced toxicity, however, this effect is tissue specific.

As I recall from readint the full study, Nandrolone provided slightly more protection from alcohol induced toxicity than Testosterone did, and both provided protection from alcohol-induced-toxicity in the CNS and other tissues....roughly on par with the anti-oxidant vitamins studied.

Maybe you should only drink when you are on a cycle...? At least that way you'd be somewhat protected.

Am I kidding? Sort of...but maybe not...
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 10-22-2004 at 10:17 AM.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Well if you can't stay off booze for a 12 week cycle you should probably go to AA.

blkplys is offline New Member
    What the #uck is with these kids can I drink, can I smoke crack, can I suck cock. The people that ask these dumb $ucking questions should not be using AAS at all.

dieseL atC is offline Member
    Alcohol + Steriods = Bad Mix..

Alcohol dehyrdates you and slows down muscle recovery... if you are drinking moderately - I don't see a prob... but if you are getting loaded every night that makes using AS a waste of time IMO.

jaffry20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkplys
    What the #uck is with these kids can I drink, can I smoke crack, can I suck cock. The people that ask these dumb $ucking questions should not be using AAS at all.

HAHAHA nicely put, Agree, Alcohol and bodybuilding don't mix, one or the other, I pretty much quit drinking when i started working hard, scared ill lose my gains, I no one time wouldn't hurt but that one time could result in the ****tiest work out the next day, fuk drinking, been there done that, had my good time already.

jaffry20 is offline Member
    Also slow's down proetin synthesis, sooooooooo fuk it, I LOOOVE PROTEIN.

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkplys
    Who are you??? If you're not going to respond to the questions than don't waist my time with your bullsh*t. The kid asked a question. If you don't want to answer than don't read the thread. MOVE ON!

Froggy is offline Member
    IMO...If you drink to the point where you are hung-over...Bro...you just f@cked up!!!
    Dehydration=BAD!!! Moderation is the key...

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    If you can't stay off the booze for a few months. Stay away from juice.

Matt76 is offline New Member
    i'm not on AS. However, I am in college and haven't had a drink for over a year, and I haven't gotten drunk in over 2years. To me it's a matter of goals. Are you going to be a beer drinking fan or you going to the guy who the beer drinking fan cheers for. Ryan Kennley said something like that in his book.

Thread Information