1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

Is Dexedrine catabolic?

I have very mild ADD, nothing that seriously hinders me in life but it can be a pain in the ass for University at times when I have multiple exams coming up, etc. I'm perscribed Dexedrine but I RARELY use it, I'd say once per week on average, twice if I think I'm totaly screwed on a paper and only 10mg each time which is as low as you can get, I still get very good result with that dose.

I can't help but think its affecting my gains since it is amphetamine. I know its used as a diet drug but heres what I'm wondering, does it in itself burn fat and muscle (make you more catabolic) or does the fact that it kills your appetite make you lose the weight? ie, if I force myself to eat normaly which I do when I use it will it still have a negative impact? thanks bros

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Is it anything like aderol? because i have heard that aderol is anti-catibolic and is perscribed for the same reason

Its very similar in structure to adderall, but stonger, I've tried both - I just found dexedrine lasted longer. Anti-catabolic? Seriously?

I have read it somewhere i will try to find the article

Thanks alot bro I appreciate it, I wouldn't use it any more than I do even if you're right but it would put my mind at ease.

bump for comfirmed answer

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i have read up a bit and it does say it has some effect on cortisol however i would think off the top of my head could be catabolic in a way that its an amphetamine and would stop u from eating enough?? however as a chemical i cant see any connections with being catabolic. I am unsure medically, its just my opinion and from what i can find searching around

peace

I am still trying to find the article.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Jason
    i have read up a bit and it does say it has some effect on cortisol however i would think off the top of my head could be catabolic in a way that its an amphetamine and would stop u from eating enough?? however as a chemical i cant see any connections with being catabolic. I am unsure medically, its just my opinion and from what i can find searching around

peace
    I know if I didn't force myself to eat I would lose mass, but assuming I do eat the same amount, does it in itself hinder gains?

Thread Information