Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: priority mail

rylly41 is offline Associate Member

priority mail

On monday i sent some gear to my buddy via USPS from NC to NJ. He still hasn't received it yet. problem is, i lost my wallet. i had the tracking number in there. my buddies is flipping out because he wants his stuff. they guy at the post office made me put a return addy on it so i made up a name and street but i used my city and zip. should i be worried? is there any way to resolve this problem? thanks for your help guys

KeyMastur is offline VET
    yeah it should have been there by wednesday for sure. either he's screwing with you, or something really is ****ed up.

without a proper return addy the gear will float around.

are you sure you put his address correct ?

MsHeadBanger is offline Junior Member
    That would suck. Saying he didn't get the gear and he did, then wanting you to send more or pay him back. Or it floating around. Either way, it would suck.

imann is offline Member
    I would wait and see............better to take a loss and be free..........but if he fvcked you .......kill him and his family

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Just curious tough guy whatz his family got to do with it???

Hope you were kidding because you're just the kind of guy I
    always wish was stupid enuf to come looking for me so I could
    unleast some destruction without any guilt... Besides the guy
    said it was his buddy so I'm assuming his buddy wouldn't screw
    him. maybe something else happened... Save that kind of ****
    post for another board and not on AR... Now go ahead and talk
    tough guy talk to me like what you would like to do and see if I
    sweat it...

Quote Originally Posted by imann
    I would wait and see............better to take a loss and be free..........but if he fvcked you .......kill him and his family

KeyMastur is offline VET
    buff, i'm curious. how come your text is always aligned like that ??

haha... G-S asked me the same thing before...
    I'm just anal bro, I make sure it's like that so
    it's easy to read for all to see my **** talking...
    Attention to detail can't be understated bro...

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur

KeyMastur is offline VET
    you can still read it the same. it's not gonna get cut off if you don't hit the carriage return

It's just habit i guess... On freakz it will if you don't keep
    everything short and a few other boards too... old habits
    are hard to break brotha...

you can still read it the same. it's not gonna get cut off if you don't hit the carriage return

no he's not screwing me because hes not asking for more gear. On the return addy, i made up a name and a street but i put the same city and zip where i live. would the package come back to the post office i sent it to? if so, could i go pick it up?

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rylly41
    no he's not screwing me because hes not asking for more gear. On the return addy, i made up a name and a street but i put the same city and zip where i live. would the package come back to the post office i sent it to? if so, could i go pick it up?
    how would u pick it up even if it was there? they will make you show proof of residency and with a fals address you're looking at mail fraud i believe.... i dont know what to tell you... are you 100% sure you put the correct addy on the package, one little mistake and it might not get there.

im not 100% sure but im 99% sure. Well i wrote an return addy that is close to mine, i could say that i just moved in and didnt know the exact addy. plus i sent two packages, one to NJ and one to FL, the one to florida got there on friday. there was a **** load of gear in there, i feel bad about my buddy not getting it. is there anyway i might be able to get it back? or sent to the right addy?

bump

One other idea... Did you buddy have you use a fake name #1?
    Or does he live in a apartment complex where they could have
    left it outside his door and someone else could have taken it #2?
    This happens sometimes... Do you have the receipt form the PO
    it lists the DC# on there too...

imann is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Just curious tough guy whatz his family got to do with it???

Hope you were kidding because you're just the kind of guy I
    always wish was stupid enuf to come looking for me so I could
    unleast some destruction without any guilt... Besides the guy
    said it was his buddy so I'm assuming his buddy wouldn't screw
    him. maybe something else happened... Save that kind of ****
    post for another board and not on AR... Now go ahead and talk
    tough guy talk to me like what you would like to do and see if I
    sweat it...
    Yeah i was kidding, but remember its valuable and people(even who you thought were solid) do get greedy............No I don't condone online tough guys.........so if you don't either why would you make a threat ..........tuff guy?

Cus sometimes I really am a tough guy...
    Plus just had to ask cus someone once pulled
    that **** for something a relative of mine did
    with my family and came close to getting beat
    to death for it by me when i got involved, plus
    was having a bad day so if I came off like a dick
    i apologize...

Yeah i was kidding, but remember its valuable and people(even who you thought were solid) do get greedy............No I don't condone online tough guys.........so if you don't either why would you make a threat ..........tuff guy?

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    buff are you wearing a pamper in that picture??

I thought he was writing Haiku's or something...

as-addicted is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantC5
    Nope grant I think imann needed one after reading what buff wrote

imann is offline Member
    Thats cool i've been in some similar situations and I do submission fighting so that with a bad temper has taken a couple of my best years away from me, im try to stay out of trouble theses days, but you know how that goes...........and the noob that attempted to get in and flame me......dude mind your own fvcking business and be quiet when grown folks are talking.

Ultimate is offline Associate Member
    Come down children play nice, and short of asking your friend to go to the post office and asking for it, they sometimes wont deliver stuff if it's big and will leave a little sticker on your door/mailbox

What kind of homo question is that you wanna see my jock or something???

I have no clue what that ones mean, so I'll be searching the net for new anwsers tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by hooker

It's all good bro, sometimes my temper is under control, sometimes it's
    not, all depends... No big deal your statement hit a nerve at first that's
    all... I've done a few stupid things myself so I know what you're talking about...

Thats cool i've been in some similar situations and I do submission fighting so that with a bad temper has taken a couple of my best years away from me, im try to stay out of trouble theses days, but you know how that goes...........and the noob that attempted to get in and flame me......dude mind your own fvcking business and be quiet when grown folks are talking.

Is Haiku's Hawaiian for gay love poems???
    Cus I'm not down with that stuff...
    You new mods always have to come up with
    something above us mere anabolic members...
    Must be on the mod test or something...

Quote Originally Posted by hooker

What is Haiku?

Haiku is one of the most important form of traditional japanese poetry. Haiku is, today, a 17-syllable verse form consisting of three metrical units of 5, 7, and 5 syllables. Since early days, there has been confusion between the three related terms Haiku, Hokku and Haikai. The term hokku literally means "starting verse", and was the first starting link of a much longer chain of verses known as haika. Because the hokku set the tone for the rest of the poetic chain, it enjoyed a privileged position in haikai poetry, and it was not uncommon for a poet to compose a hokku by itself without following up with the rest of the chain.

Largely through the efforts of Masaoka Shiki, this independence was formally established in the 1890s through the creation of the term haiku. This new form of poetry was to be written, read and understood as an independent poem, complete in itself, rather than part of a longer chain.

Strictly speaking, then, the history of haiku begins only in the last years of the 19th century. The famous verses of such Edo-period (1600-1868) masters as Basho, Yosa Buson, and Kobayashi Issa are properly referred to as hokku and must be placed in the perspective of the history of haikai even though they are now generally read as independent haiku. In HAIKU for PEOPLE, both terms will be treated equally! The distinction between hokku and haiku can be handled by using the terms Classical Haiku and Modern Haiku.

Modern Haiku.
    The history of the modern haiku dates from Masaoka Shiki's reform, begun in 1892, which established haiku as a new independent poetic form. Shiki's reform did not change two traditional elements of haiku: the division of 17 syllables into three groups of 5, 7, and 5 syllables and the inclusion of a seasonal theme.
    Kawahigashi Hekigoto carried Shiki's reform further with two proposals:

Haiku would be truer to reality if there were no center of interest in it.
    The importance of the poet's first impression, just as it was, of subjects taken
    from daily life, and of local colour to create freshness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to write Haiku

In japanese, the rules for how to write Haiku are clear, and will not be discussed here. In foreign languages, there exist NO consensus in how to write Haiku-poems. Anyway, let's take a look at the basic knowledge:

What to write about?

Haiku-poems can describe almost anything, but you seldom find themes which are too complicated for normal PEOPLE's recognition and understanding. Some of the most thrilling Haiku-poems describe daily situations in a way that gives the reader a brand new experience of a well-known situation.

The metrical pattern of Haiku

Haiku-poems consist of respectively 5, 7 and 5 syllables in three units. In japanese, this convention is a must, but in english, which has variation in the length of syllables, this can sometimes be difficult.

The technique of cutting

The cutting divides the Haiku into two parts, with a certain imaginative distance between the two sections, but the two sections must remain, to a degree, independent of each other. Both sections must enrich the understanding of the other.
    To make this cutting in english, either the first or the second line ends normally with a colon, long dash or ellipsis.

The seasonal theme.

Each Haiku must contain a kigo, a season word, which indicate in which season the Haiku is set. For example, cherry blossoms indicate spring, snow indicate winter, and mosquitoes indicate summer, but the season word isn't always that obvious.

Please notice that Haiku-poems are written under different rules and in many languages. For translated Haiku-poems, the translator must decide whether he should obey the rules strictly, or if he should present the exact essence of the Haiku. For Haiku-poems originally written in english, the poet should be more careful. These are the difficulties, and the pleasure of Haiku.

Man I was **** close with that Hawiian guess...

imann is offline Member
    Nice researd buff.........I guess i do learn something everyday..........the pamper comment threw me too.........sometimes people need to mind their own business(as-addicted).......those people ussually are the first to talk sh*t.......and last to do something.......peace buff

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    Like I said it looks like your wearing a Pamper, take it easy bro people have different fashion styles. I think its comical that you can threaten people over the net LMFAO. How do you know who your even talking to? Me for instance have been a fighter most of my childhood and 80% of my adult life and the only reason I quit is because of broken hands. I can't imagine threatening someone on a webpage?????? To each his own I guess..........Funny Shi@

imann is offline Member
    great i hate online tuff guys.............................................. .............................????????????????????? ?

nathanw21 is offline Member
    is everyone on this website bad as fvck? i think that everyone on here talks about how the beat this guys ass or they have been fighting all there life. great for you fvckers. how about we talk about juice and getting big.

ps i am pretty tuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i like to beat people too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by nathanw21; 10-26-2004 at 08:33 PM.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    What is Haiku?

Haiku is one of the most important form of traditional japanese poetry. Haiku is, today, a 17-syllable verse form consisting of three metrical units of 5, 7, and 5 syllables. Since early days, there has been confusion between the three related terms Haiku, Hokku and Haikai. The term hokku literally means "starting verse", and was the first starting link of a much longer chain of verses known as haika. Because the hokku set the tone for the rest of the poetic chain, it enjoyed a privileged position in haikai poetry, and it was not uncommon for a poet to compose a hokku by itself without following up with the rest of the chain.

Largely through the efforts of Masaoka Shiki, this independence was formally established in the 1890s through the creation of the term haiku. This new form of poetry was to be written, read and understood as an independent poem, complete in itself, rather than part of a longer chain.

Strictly speaking, then, the history of haiku begins only in the last years of the 19th century. The famous verses of such Edo-period (1600-1868) masters as Basho, Yosa Buson, and Kobayashi Issa are properly referred to as hokku and must be placed in the perspective of the history of haikai even though they are now generally read as independent haiku. In HAIKU for PEOPLE, both terms will be treated equally! The distinction between hokku and haiku can be handled by using the terms Classical Haiku and Modern Haiku.

Modern Haiku.
    The history of the modern haiku dates from Masaoka Shiki's reform, begun in 1892, which established haiku as a new independent poetic form. Shiki's reform did not change two traditional elements of haiku: the division of 17 syllables into three groups of 5, 7, and 5 syllables and the inclusion of a seasonal theme.
    Kawahigashi Hekigoto carried Shiki's reform further with two proposals:

Haiku would be truer to reality if there were no center of interest in it.
    The importance of the poet's first impression, just as it was, of subjects taken
    from daily life, and of local colour to create freshness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to write Haiku

In japanese, the rules for how to write Haiku are clear, and will not be discussed here. In foreign languages, there exist NO consensus in how to write Haiku-poems. Anyway, let's take a look at the basic knowledge:

What to write about?

Haiku-poems can describe almost anything, but you seldom find themes which are too complicated for normal PEOPLE's recognition and understanding. Some of the most thrilling Haiku-poems describe daily situations in a way that gives the reader a brand new experience of a well-known situation.

The metrical pattern of Haiku

Haiku-poems consist of respectively 5, 7 and 5 syllables in three units. In japanese, this convention is a must, but in english, which has variation in the length of syllables, this can sometimes be difficult.

The technique of cutting

The cutting divides the Haiku into two parts, with a certain imaginative distance between the two sections, but the two sections must remain, to a degree, independent of each other. Both sections must enrich the understanding of the other.
    To make this cutting in english, either the first or the second line ends normally with a colon, long dash or ellipsis.

The seasonal theme.

Each Haiku must contain a kigo, a season word, which indicate in which season the Haiku is set. For example, cherry blossoms indicate spring, snow indicate winter, and mosquitoes indicate summer, but the season word isn't always that obvious.

Please notice that Haiku-poems are written under different rules and in many languages. For translated Haiku-poems, the translator must decide whether he should obey the rules strictly, or if he should present the exact essence of the Haiku. For Haiku-poems originally written in english, the poet should be more careful. These are the difficulties, and the pleasure of Haiku.
    He wrote an essay on it

Huge_Pimp is offline New Member
    Back to the missing gear. Don't claim **** at the post office. In addition, don't ship stuff by US mail. Because the US mail is operated by the federal government if you do get caught you'll most likely have a few extra major charges against you. FEDEX or UPS.

Bro they're called XL sweats comfortable for lifting in...
    And far as online tuff guy stuff, I'm not even getting
    into another one of these convos tonight, let's just say
    I've yet to meet the man that has put me down and
    i've been hit with bricks, bottles you name it... Anyway
    not worth my time... BTW bro let's see your pics since
    it was so easy for you to knock one of mine...

Like I said it looks like your wearing a Pamper, take it easy bro people have different fashion styles. I think its comical that you can threaten people over the net LMFAO. How do you know who your even talking to? Me for instance have been a fighter most of my childhood and 80% of my adult life and the only reason I quit is because of broken hands. I can't imagine threatening someone on a webpage?????? To each his own I guess..........Funny Shi@

Shiat that's a cut and paste job pimp daddy deacon... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    He wrote an essay on it

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that is him in the avatar Buff..

Well if that is really him and he's a her then he i mean she can beat my ass anytime...

Hope that came out right and not gay sounding... you know what i meant... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I think that is him in the avatar Buff..

MASStermind is offline Banned
    Bro they're called XL sweats comfortable for lifting in...
    And far as online tuff guy stuff, I'm not even getting
    into another one of these convos tonight, let's just say
    I've yet to meet the man that has put me down and
    i've been hit with bricks, bottles you name it... Anyway
    not worth my time... BTW bro let's see your pics since
    it was so easy for you to knock one of mine...
    not meaning to be insulting but is that a bald spot I see in the mirror? I'd use some photoshop and spray paint over it.

I think you all like getting me started talking shiat... No bald spots bro...
    Actually about the only thing i got from my old man was a full head of
    hair even after running a ton of juice I still got it... That's a cap on in
    the pic... A Michigan cap to be exact...

Quote Originally Posted by MASStermind
    not meaning to be insulting but is that a bald spot I see in the mirror? I'd use some photoshop and spray paint over it.

Alright you ladies have fun tonight, got some business to attend too...

peace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information