bhouse is offline New Member

2 weeks out,sodium load or cut

Im 2 weeks out and I have not cut sodium at all ,I do feel like im retaining. I was going to increase sodium all this week to trigger the flush butten, then cut it out tues. What do you guys think

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    What are you saying? Sodium is not good for you, I forget the amount of recommended sodium intake is, but believe me it is very very low. One meal will usually sustain all the sodium you will need. If you feel that your body is retaining water/sodium, and if you are on AS, get off your sodium.. Just get off of it. I don't think there is no such thing as "flushing your sodium"??? Just get off your high sodium or what what you eat. Give us some more info like what AS are you on and maybe we can help you more..

Rukkus is offline Junior Member
    yeah i would load it up and then cut it all out to really trick your system.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Can we watch you blow up?

Originally posted by bhouse
    I was going to increase sodium all this week to trigger the flush butten, then cut it out tues . . .
    Seriously, bro, increasing your sodium intake won't trigger the flush button; rather, it will super-glue the button so that you can't flush.

Some AS cause water retention - the heavier the dose, the more you'll retain. Recognizing that youll have some retention while on a cycle, the idea is to prevent yourself from developing anything more than that (such as edema or symptoms of congestive heart failure).

Short of taking a diuretic (which I do not recommend, since they're hard to regulate and they will deplete you of potassium), the only solution is to cut your sodium big time.

As a general rule, the maximum daily sodium recommendation for anyone is 2,400 mg. Most people (especially most Americans) get much more sodium in their daily diets, thanks primarily to the sodium that is in processed foods (especially if you eat a lot of fast foods or junk foods).

Next time you're at the market, take a look at any can of regular Campbell's soup. You will see sodium levels in the 800-1100 mg. range per serving; keeping in mind that a can of soup generally has two servings, one can will blow your daily wad right there.

Here are some practical suggestions on what to do, especially while you're on a cycle:

1. Take your salt shaker and throw it in the trash can. Go without added salt for a week, and you'll never miss it again. (In fact, the use of added salt will start to gross you out.) When it comes to home cooking, with the creative use of spices you'll never realize that there's no salt in what you eat.

2. Read the nutrition labels on everything you buy at the supermarket or convenience store. Think in terms of allowing yourself up to 800 mg. of sodium per meal, but don't be fanatic about it. Some meals you'll have less, some more, bu the idea is to stay within 2,400 mg. per day.

3. Stay away from fast foods and junk foods that are heavy in sodium. Ditto cold cuts and most (though not all) canned soups, as well as canned processed foods (like ravioli, Beef-a-roni, etc.).

4. Hit the library or book store and read Eric Schlosser's Fast Food Nation, a recent N.Y. Times bestseller that gives you the inside scoop on the fast food industry from soup to nuts. The book is not reactionary bullshit, it's a very well research piece of journalism with documentation out the gazoo. You'll never want a Big Mac again. (Well, of course you will, but the book will help you control that urge so you don't overdo them.)

(By the way, there's an old expression that political science students learn - "If you love laws and hamburgers, you would never want to see either of them made.")

5. Cut down on any carbonated beverages you drink - they also contribute to water retention. (Take my word for it. I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper junkie.) If you have to druink carbonated stuff, give flavored seltzers a try.

6. If you do any of your own cooking, head for CVS or Eckerd (great spices at cheap prices) and stock up on a jar of each of the basics: onion powder and garlic powder (not onion salt and garlic salt), ginger powder, and dry mustard. Those four will get you through anything. If you cook your own fish, add a jar of basil - it adds a nice touch. And if you don't do your own cooking, learn. It's fun, and if you ever get married, you can do the cooking and have an excuse to have your spouse do the dishes.

But as for the sodium, cut it back now. You'll see results within days.

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    TNT,
    Awesome response bro. I have seen several posts where someone recommends cutting sodium. Until then I had never thought about sodium before. you just cleared up a bunch of things for me. Keep up the good work bro.
    DE

thanks for the info ,my sodium is gone . I have no prob cutting i out.
    Im on
    500 E.Q. week
    30mg halo
    Prop 75mg a day
    1.5 arimadex
    40mg nov.
    50 mg clomid
    That post really opened my eyes thanks

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    i'm not sure i understand your question completely. are you 2 weeks out from a bb competition? if so, don't load up on sodium yet. wait until you're about 7 days out to do this while keeping your potassium to an absolute minimum and water intake super high. 3 days out from competition restrict water to 1/2 normal and cut out all sodium and double your normal potassium. 2 days out, cut your water intake to 1/4 normal and keeping the sodium/potassium ratio like the previous day. 1 day out drink no fluids and keep the same sodium/potassium ratio. the day of competition don't eat or drink anything.

this will give your muscles a huge pump by bringing almost all the subcutaneous fluid (typical water retention) into the muscle cells, making them look fuller.

there's a carbo deplete and load phase that also coincides with the electrolyte minipulation process as well. the basic rundown is: carb deplete when you restrict potassium. carb load when you load potassium. your muscles will go in a state of glycogen supercompensation and will store approximately 1.5x the normal maximum level of glycogen. glycogen storage also results in a lot of water storage inside the muscles (full/pumped look) instead of just under the skin (flat, soft look).

if you're not competing then don't bother. this is a bit fatiguing on your organs.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    i just read your post again and i think you're talking about having used AS for 2 weeks so far. sorry.

thecoachman is offline Associate Member
    try drinking more than a gallon a day....

that helped me!

How is the Halo treating you???
    Let me know, I am very Curious about Halo.

thanks
    GOOD LUCK
    coach

the halo is pretty good Im at 30mg a day. My temper is way up there though, Ive never beens so short tempered.
    Its definately keeping my intensity up at the gym though.

thecoachman is offline Associate Member
    any gains or just aggresivness (which I guess is a gain in itself at the gym)?

Well im on a pretty rough diet 2 weeks out from my show
    so Im not going to make any seriuos gains. I would only use it pre-contest .Its pretty rough on the system

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    TNT well said Bro...

As far as my expiriance with loading and cutting sodium...well here it goes...for my last show i decided to sodium load, I stated about two weeks out or so, I was suppose to cut the sodium on Friday, and I forgot to take it with me to work on Wednesday so I thought fuck it I’ll cut the sodium now…well on Thursday as I was carbing up, I was starting to look pretty good, and by Friday and Saturday I looked like shit holding so much water it was unbelievable, and I couldn’t even get rid of it with diuretics…I looked like shit…so the moral of this store is, NO sodium loading or depleting for me.

But let’s not forget that you needs some sodium in your lower intestine to properly absorb carbohydrates for you carb up…but as TNT said I think 2,400 mg will do just fine for that…good luck…

sodium from my food should be enough right. Theres sodium
    In my egg whites and i eat 30 a day, , Im eating cod fish for my protien so thats real low. Im not adding any extra sodium , I stopped a couple days ago.I was putting mustard on everything.
    I also was eating spinach as my vegitable,I cut that and switched to beans, In a box a spinach theres 350 to 400mg sodium .

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I just knew TNT would come back with some evidence to back what I was saying, cause I am too damn lazy to do it myself. .
    Does anyone here think TNT is an awesome SOB as much as I do???

Thread Information