Thread: Tobacco?

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member

Tobacco?

my sr physics teacher used to do powerlifting, so he knos a bit about dieting weight lifting ect., he was explaining to me the other day about how if u dip, chew, smoke, do w/e has tobacco in it, u wont get the full results you should get because your body is running on less oxygen due to the tobacco or nicatine or w/e gives u the buzz, anyone kno anything about this?

maxamillion is offline Associate Member
    i chew moderately. i don't think its a huge deal unless your chainsmoker or chew a can a day.

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    well i do a can a day, so i was wondering if it would be better to slow down or to quit completely or if it matters at all

Sw0lEiTaliaN is offline New Member
    I dip and have done so for quite a while. Even well before I started AAS use and it doesnt hinder any gains I see during a cycle. There was a thread on this a while back BTW............Skoal, A pinch better! J/K

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    shouldn't noticeablly hinder your gains but isn't beneficial to your body

Peanut Butter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    shouldn't noticeablly hinder your gains but isn't beneficial to your body
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the gains, mouth cancer and heart disease would be my first concern. If you can quit then you should.

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    I dip but after just doing some research b/c I was curious after reading this I think im gonna quit.Theres all this stuff about "Nicotine decreases blood flow to all the tissues in the body. Because of this, tobacco users have a higher incidence of nerve problems, which can severely affect athletes who need to be fast and responsive. Although it may help you concentrate, nicotine--just like carbon monoxide-inhibits how quickly a muscle can contract." All this other crap.. Screw it im done..

toolman is offline Banned
    I dipped for 20 years...played alot of ball. I quit 3 years ago and i was the best thing I could have done. Regardless of muscle growth inhibition, the major risks are cancer, heart disease and high blood pressure. Quit as soon as possible. A website that helped me was www.quitsmokeless.org You'll see alot of facts on there as well as a bulliten board with all other guys quiting and sharing the misery. Also there are tons of facts, etc. to help you.

No more spit filled cups and beer cans in my house anymore.

cb25 is offline Banned
    http://www.quittobacco.com/facts/effects.htm

good choice to quit man, the first step, choosing to quit, is the important one. if you truly are motivated to quit, you'll be able to do it...

and you can always use us as motivation and help along the way!

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    from what i have heard over the yrs if ur a smoker,diper etc. if u were not u would have 5% more mucsle mass true iono but thats what i have heard if anyone nos if that myth is true let me no as far as i no it is but not to sure....

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    i have just read alot of the facts and while in typing this i have a dip in thats leaving my mouth right now matter of fact i have a full can i just bought thats going into the trash as i speak...its going to be a long run but im devoted enough to quit and have been trying for ever now cant even say how long...thanks a bunch for the links hope everything works out this is the hard part now...

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    i have just read alot of the facts and while in typing this i have a dip in thats leaving my mouth right now matter of fact i have a full can i just bought thats going into the trash as i speak...its going to be a long run but im devoted enough to quit and have been trying for ever now cant even say how long...thanks a bunch for the links hope everything works out this is the hard part now...
    Good luck bro!!!You can do it if you want it bad enough...and remember not to touch it again...you can't stop at just once.

Thread Information