hammerhead is offline Member

Is Clenbuterol really anti-catabolic?

I read that Clenbuterol is a powerful anti-catabolic and should be taken for a few weeks at the end of every cycle. I've also read that it isn't an anti-catabolic at all. I'm sure everyone can site reliable medical sources that argue both sides of that - but what about experience ??? Does anyone - any of you old big dogs out there - have any experience with Clenbuterol that makes you believe is is or is not an anti-catabolic ???

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    at certain doses it may be anti-catabolic, but at high doses it's quite actually catabolic.

flex321 is offline Member
    I'm thinking of taking it for 2 weeks to harden up abit since im "off" right now, It is a cortisol blocker if that answers anything for you, Ive heard others say that cause of this statement people take it to "help" retain gains.

I got Oxyflux's and they suck should I double the dosage or is that not safe? I was thinking of getting up to 8-9 pills a day instead of 6 cause these oxyfluxs suck ass!

to dr. evils statement how should I take them to harden up? at low dosages and high intesity cardio?

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    clen is anti-catabolic for approx. 4wks. then those effects wear off.

oxyflux sucks ass. i don't know about doubling the dose because some of the tabs are really strong while others have pretty much nothing in them, so it's risky to double the tabs...

Originally posted by flex321
    to dr. evils statement how should I take them to harden up? at low dosages and high intesity cardio?
    just don't go over about 140mcg/day, but this is hard to guage with oxyflux tabs because they're so inconsistent.

high intensity cardio sounds fine, but don't forget the diet.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well brutha, I am just getting off a 2 week cycle of Clen , and I do believe what I read, that if you are on it too long, it will cause receptor site reduction. In other words, it won't do much good after prolonged use as Dr. Evil kinda said. I did the 2, 3, 4, 5, 666, 5, 4, 3, 2, for 2 weeks, and didn't reallly see much.. except shaky hands and hard time sleeping at night.
    However, I am on my 2 weeks of ECA, and I feel better already this morning. I think the next go around I am going to take someone elses advice and do 2 days on and 2 days off. I think from my experience this works better.
    but yes, what Dr. Evil says it true, but however, it didn't do a whole lot for me, on that cycle I went on. But talk to me in about 4 weeks and I will tell ya what my gains are, when I mix it up alittle.

I hear ya, thanks Doc! sucks that I have these crappy oxy's but I cant waste them might as well take them. I might start out at 3pills the first day then increase. And as you say I guess I shouldnt pass 7 pills a day. I hope everything works out for me.

good luck.

Mr. Fina is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by flex321

I got Oxyflux's and they suck should I double the dosage or is that not safe? I was thinking of getting up to 8-9 pills a day instead of 6 cause these oxyfluxs suck ass!
    I feel your agony bro. All I could get was oxyflux (they were free) and it is depressing.

As far as anti-catabolc or catabolic there is no hard evidence claiming for either. I just like coming off a cycle with them.

sorry, i should have backed up my catabolic statement because it's sort of controversial.

clen and many other beta 2 agonists have a way of making calcium ion channels in the muscles more permeable, causing calcium leakage and changing the gradient. this starts a series of chain reactions that lead to the release of calpains and proteases that degrade protein (muscle). combining calcium ion channel blockers with a clen cycle can make clen quite anabolic , however it's very difficult to time the intake of these blockers and they also make you tired as all hell.

Thread Information