Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackman
    i sence a raping coming.
    I sense one too, but it is certainly not my own.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    The Canadians, Belgians, French Guianese, and French are all cowards?
    absolutely, every last one of them

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    The Canadians, Belgians, French Guianese, and French are all cowards?
    Canadians are fine, but most of them refuse to speak French, only Quebec so I wouldn't lump them all together. The Belgians rolled over in WW2 almost as quickly as the French but they are not as bad as the French. I still won't forgive France for not allowing us to fly into their airspace while bombing Lybia after the Pan Am bombing. I lived in various parts of Europe for several years and one thing they all had in common was they all hated the French. I share their sentiment.

jazzjackrabbit is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    I refuse to speak the language of cowards.....am I the only frog hater in here?!?
    I should have read this thread earlier!
    Nice information but why this hate about French people?
    I only ate frog once and then I was ill lol.

We have no problem with other european countries (but england sometime lol).
    Last edited by jazzjackrabbit; 11-05-2004 at 04:33 PM.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzjackrabbit
    I should have read this thread earlier!
    Nice information but why this hate about French people?
    I only ate frog once and then I was ill lol.

We have no problem with other european countries (but england sometime lol).
    Because Jazz, the way I see it, the French should treat the Americans like brothers. THey were a key part in our independance from the Brittish and we saved their ass twice in WW1 and WW2. We even jumped into the quagmire in Vietnam which was started by the French and we joined at their request. We supported eachother right or wrong. Since then, they have not supported any military action on our part. They vocally oppose all things American yet love our movies, music, etc. As I mentioned earlier, when the world knew Lybia was behind the Pan Am bombing and Reagan decided to send the bombers in, the French would not allow us to fly in their airspace on that mission as they were upset as to what their Arab population would say. I am a firm believer in the concept of my country right or wrong as are most Americans as shown in Bush's re-election. Yes we were wrong about weapons of mass destruction, but we have done what those cowards at the UN never would have and that is removed a murderous dictator from power....only to find the French involved in questionably illegal oil deals with Saddam.

As I said, I have lived in many countries and they all agree on one thing, they hate the French. It would be one thing if France were a super power and global leader like the US, which results in envious hate that can be dismissed. But I can't think of any French film, music group, pop culture, contributoion to our society that has made any impact in the last several decades which would result in envious hate....with the exception of yur wine which I have been forced to replace with Chilean and Austrailian wines due to your present Presidents actions.

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    But I can't think of any French film, music group, pop culture, contributoion to our society that has made any impact in the last several decades
    Well...Jean-Paul Sartre and the rest of the French Existentialist school of philosophy (Camus, etc..) are a significant cultural contribution...some would argue that they "re-invented" existentialism.

Simone DeBouvior basically ushered in a toatlly new wave of Feminism with her book "The Second Sex"...some (myself included) would say that it is a work in the field of Feminist Philosophy that has never been matched.

Clearly, Jaques Derrida created and ushered in the new paradigm of Deconstructionism.

I mean...culturally, but mostly in the intellectual/academic fields they make alot of contributions and impact, and really, cultural contributions are generally not seen as something to engender hatred or scorn...

Also, they did invent Parabolan ....

jazzjackrabbit is offline New Member
    Toolman: yes you're right about the history we have in common. The think we don't like is your arrogant leadership. You try to impose the world so many things. You talk about movies, music... We like our differences. You don't know anything about our culture... Is that because your country is a "super power and global leader" that anything coming from elsewhere does not worth it? Open your eyes and your mind...
    I have nothing against USA, I have no hate.

Hooker: You know many things! I have no clue who is Jaques Derrida... I have to do some research!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information