Thread: reusing needles

Sust Man is offline Associate Member

reusing needles

Is it ok to reuse the same needle for drawing as long as I swab it with alchohol? I use new needles for every injection, but I only have 13 total for my cycle, and I don't feel like burning 2 needles every time.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sust Man
    Is it ok to reuse the same needle for drawing as long as I swab it with alchohol? I use new needles for every injection, but I only have 13 total for my cycle, and I don't feel like burning 2 needles every time.
    i would just swab the stopper with alcohol, not the needle and then order some more needles A.S.A.P.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    needles are cheap so you don't have to be.

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    BRO DON'T SWAB OR TOUCH THE NEEDLE WITH ANYTHING! i use the same one to draw,, then i inject,, never a problem.

as long as you ALWAYS swab the rubber stopper top with alcohol, then let it dry before you poke it to draw,, there is no need to swab the needle in between draw/inject.. it could only lead to infection, if you touch the needle with anything.

so if I use the same pin to draw, but I swap this pin with a new one every time I inject, is it a big problem?

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    so if I use the same pin to draw, but I swap this pin with a new one every time I inject, is it a big problem?
    again, you are risking bacteria getting in the and causing infection.
    why not just order more needles?? i don't understand

DoctaBig is offline Member
    i'm confused....are you going to save the drawing needle???? Buy some more needles bro, they are cheap. Use one needle to draw, and one to shoot then throw EVERYTHING away. Rinse and repeat

if what you mean is swap not swab the needle after you draw,, then you'll be fine using a brand new sterile needle.. but aren't you trying to save them? if you swap after each draw,, then it's the same if you were to use 2 anyways for each shot!

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Burning a couple of bucks for safety shouldent be an issue bro...

It's not the money that's an issue, its the convenience. I really don't want my roomate seeing a big package of needles delivered to my door, and I already have these. And by the way, it is not like using 2 needles if you keep the same pin for drawing. I take a brand new needle, remove the pin and put my old draw pin on, I draw, then I put the pin that came with it back on. The result: 1 needle burned.

i dont like it.....

does this mean that you are also reusing the same barrel???

I appreciate the advice, though, because I did ask after all. I will try to get some more needles from a friend so I can avoid the mail.

2timer is offline Senior Member
    if you heat the needle and let it cool I don't see any problem! do alcohol and heating and you are set!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    does this mean that you are also reusing the same barrel???
    No, same pin, new barrel every time.

Georgie is offline Member
    It's not the money that's an issue, its the convenience. I really don't want my roomate seeing a big package of needles delivered to my door, and I already have these. And by the way, it is not like using 2 needles if you keep the same pin for drawing. I take a brand new needle, remove the pin and put my old draw pin on, I draw, then I put the pin that came with it back on. The result: 1 needle burned.
    You don't need a drawing pin and an injection pin. Modern stainless steel needles are not dulled by pushing them through the rubber stopper. Draw with the pin you are going to inject with, then when you are down with the injection throw it away. Forget about the drawing pin. You don't need it.

2timer is offline Senior Member
    just buy new ones or heat the **** thing! trust me leave it for 40sec on the stove and no bacteria could servive!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie
    You don't need a drawing pin and an injection pin. Modern stainless steel needles are not dulled by pushing them through the rubber stopper. Draw with the pin you are going to inject with, then when you are down with the injection throw it away. Forget about the drawing pin. You don't need it.
    I didn't know that. So you're saying the needle won't get any duller after drawing first?

Quote Originally Posted by 2timer
    just buy new ones or heat the **** thing! trust me leave it for 40sec on the stove and no bacteria could servive!
    Why bother with all that? You can inject with the same needle you draw with. Modern stainless steel needels will not be dulled by pushing them through a rubber stopper once or twice.

i completely disagree with georgie, needles are dulled by permiation through the rubber stopper. you CAN feel the difference, and if you cant, i'll show you a picture of what happens to a needle after a few punctures through a rubber stopper.

I also want to disagree with 2 timer. If you think a little alcohol and moderatly high temperatures is going to kill everything you are 100% wrong. Many microbe's actually function better at high temperatures, and 40 seconds isnt anywhere close to long enough to ensure sterilization.

No offense to anyone who disagrees with me, but this is a stupid conversation to be having. Needles are cheap, use them appropriatly and throw them away. Dont cut corners...It's just plain retarded. If you dont agree, than fine...reuse needles, chances are you'll probably be ok. But trust me, if it's not your lucky day and you get an infection, you will definatly wish you spent the 13 cents on a new needle.

sust man check your pm's

BlueCollar is offline Banned
    there you have it

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    i completely disagree with georgie, needles are dulled by permiation through the rubber stopper. you CAN feel the difference, and if you cant, i'll show you a picture of what happens to a needle after a few punctures through a rubber stopper.

I also want to disagree with 2 timer. If you think a little alcohol and moderatly high temperatures is going to kill everything you are 100% wrong. Many microbe's actually function better at high temperatures, and 40 seconds isnt anywhere close to long enough to ensure sterilization.

No offense to anyone who disagrees with me, but this is a stupid conversation to be having. Needles are cheap, use them appropriatly and throw them away. Dont cut corners...It's just plain retarded. If you dont agree, than fine...reuse needles, chances are you'll probably be ok. But trust me, if it's not your lucky day and you get an infection, you will definatly wish you spent the 13 cents on a new needle.

Knightrider is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    i would just swab the stopper with alcohol, not the needle and then order some more needles A.S.A.P.

i agree... i wouldn't touch the needle, just make sure that the stopper is done...

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reusing needles-needles.jpg  

I didn't know that. So you're saying the needle won't get any duller after drawing first?

whoah... i wouldn't draw and then use the same to inject....that's different than just drawing twice...

ALWAYS use a NEW needle to inject with... i wouldn't wanna F__K with an infection....or even the chance of one.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969

AWESOME post dude... i bet there's alot of dudes goin "WOW" at those pics!

hhhhmmm... i just thought? WHY do you only hae 13 needles?

mmm just think of all that metal flaking off and dropping in your vial, and then you suck it up and inject with it

that is the pic i was talking about. Thank you for helping prove my point AandF...good man

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider
    whoah... i wouldn't draw and then use the same to inject....that's different than just drawing twice...

ALWAYS use a NEW needle to inject with... i wouldn't wanna F__K with an infection....or even the chance of one.
    From the center for disease control (AMA and WHO say the same thing):

"Persons administering vaccines should follow necessary precautions to minimize risk for spreading disease. Hands should be washed with soap and water or cleansed with an alcohol-based waterless antiseptic hand rub between each patient contact. Gloves are not required when administering vaccinations, unless persons administering vaccinations are likely to come into contact with potentially infectious body fluids or have open lesions on their hands. Syringes and needles used for injections must be sterile and disposable to minimize the risk of contamination. A separate needle and syringe should be used for each injection. Changing needles between drawing vaccine from a vial and injecting it into a recipient is unnecessary. Different vaccines should never be mixed in the same syringe unless specifically licensed for such use."

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5102a1.htm

The CDC, AMA, and WHO all say it is unnecessary to change needles between drawing and injecting. Modern stainless steel needles will not be dulled to a point where you will be able to notice a signifigant differnce in sharpness by pushing them the rubber stopper once. So draw, inject, then throw your needle away. A drawing needle is not necessary. All the top medical authorties in the land are not wrong.

Youre right, Georgie, but do you know how long it takes to draw oil based liquid with a 25g needle?

Its much easier to get a 20g and suck it up and then switch to the 25. You're sure as hell not going to inject with the 20 lol

workdude is offline Senior Member
    I don't think i'd use the same pin to draw everytime. I would you the same pin to draw and then inject. but only once then throw away. Just my 2 cents.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    I do exactly what he is saying I use a needle then save that needle to draw for the next injection then change the needle on the syringe to a new needle and inject with a fresh new needle every time. You can use the previous needle to draw as long as you store it in the same place you got it from, the wrapper, and only use it to draw with not reinject yourself with. Always use a fresh needle when injecting. It is not only safer sterile wise, but will slide in the skin alot easier and will make this entire process smooth. Your body will thank you for not jabbing a dull needle in to it.

Youre right, Georgie, but do you know how long it takes to draw oil based liquid with a 25g needle?

Its much easier to get a 20g and suck it up and then switch to the 25. You're sure as hell not going to inject with the 20 lol
    I realize that.... But i'm just answering the guy's question. I want him to know that it is perfectly ok to draw and inject with the same needle and it wont be dulled. The way he was doing it (drawing with an old needle, and injecting with a new) is totally unsanitary (as you already know.) For his own saftey it is better to know that he can draw and inject with the same needle rather than doing his incorrect way. Do you agree?
    Last edited by Georgie; 10-20-2004 at 11:00 PM.

gya321 is offline Member
    Those pics are crazy. Back when I did my first cycle I used the same one to draw and inject and it felt alot duller. Just get it done right 2 pinz per shot.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

I was going to say this... I use 22 to draw with, 25 to shoot... Cant draw oil with 25 though...

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    I do exactly what he is saying I use a needle then save that needle to draw for the next injection then change the needle on the syringe to a new needle and inject with a fresh new needle every time. You can use the previous needle to draw as long as you store it in the same place you got it from, the wrapper, and only use it to draw with not reinject yourself with. Always use a fresh needle when injecting. It is not only safer sterile wise, but will slide in the skin alot easier and will make this entire process smooth. Your body will thank you for not jabbing a dull needle in to it.
    God I cant believe what people will do to save half a penny. I cant believe any of you would take risks like this. You can get 100 barrells, and 200 needles for $20 generally... no wonder everyone is so against kids under 25 years old doing steroids . Man and I just saw a picture where someone wasnt so clean with their injecting and 3 days after an injection, they had gangrene at the injection site and had to get the muscle opened and cleaned at hospital to save their leg. Use your heads guys and quit being so cheap.

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bd50
    BRO DON'T SWAB OR TOUCH THE NEEDLE WITH ANYTHING! i use the same one to draw,, then i inject,, never a problem.

as long as you ALWAYS swab the rubber stopper top with alcohol, then let it dry before you poke it to draw,, there is no need to swab the needle in between draw/inject.. it could only lead to infection, if you touch the needle with anything.
    what he said.

ps. if alcohol hasnt' evaporated from the stopper.. the injection will burn like a mofo.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    No, same pin, new barrel every time.
    That's fine. As others have said wipe the stopper. Use the same to draw up and inject.

Chapman393 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider
    hhhhmmm... i just thought? WHY do you only hae 13 needles?
    Hey thats my avatar

Thread Information