Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FLHRCI is offline New Member
    all of it stinks. This whole thing is about politics and money. If it were really about substance abuse they would have to illegalize tobacco and alcohol first.

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    the gov banned reefer in 1937.... hella good that did.

akiraproject24 is offline Junior Member
    Prohormones do offer up a lot of unwanted sides. I won't miss them one bit. However the only legal supplements that are worth a **** are protein, creatine and glutamine however most protein supps have a lot of glutamine in em already. I personally feel these supp companies are getting outta control with all their claims and "new" products. Most of it is crap. Maybe now they will really have to work to make their money. Meanwhile the gear is still there as it always has been.

Muscleone is offline Associate Member

Prohormones classified with steroids?????????????????

We can thank MR. Bush for that. What a dumbass....

Muscleone is offline Associate Member

Prohormones....

Thanks for the information. I thought I had read that somewhere before but this confirms it.

Quote Originally Posted by CutieFace
    This was part of a msg I received from Rick Collins This morning...and I felt it rather important to pass on the information every should have a copy of his book LEGAL MUSCLE

As you know, the new steroid law has passed. Attached is a brief update about the new law:

Prohormones will be treated just like pharmaceutical steroids in every federal court in America! Steroid arrests and prosecutions will rise. "People have rights, and for the most part, they have no idea what they are," says John Romano, Senior Editor of Muscular Development magazine. "This is the book you better **** well have read when the door flies off the hinges." Now, more than ever before, Legal Muscle is the serious bodybuilder’s bible. Its themes and lessons apply much more broadly – and more urgently – than ever before. And, now every copy of Legal Muscle comes with an updated insert on the new law to keep you on the cutting edge. Ignorance of the law is no defense. Your best defense will always be Legal Muscle.

Bush Criminalizes Prohormones!

An Update from Rick Collins, J.D.

On October 22, 2004, President Bush signed into law the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004, scheduled to take effect 90 days later. The law adds 26 compounds to the existing 1990 list of steroids that are classified as Schedule III controlled substances. Possession of a single andro or other prohormone tablet, for example, will be a federal crime punishable by up to one year in jail; distributing will be a felony punishable by up to five years in prison for a first offense.

The 26 newly added compounds are androstanediol; androstanedione; androstenediol; androstenedione; bolasterone; calusterone; *1-dihydrotestosterone (a.k.a. “1-testosterone ”); furazabol; 13b-ethyl-17a-hydroxygon-4-en-3-one; 4-hydroxytestosterone; 4-hydroxy-19-nortestosterone; mestanolone; 17a-methyl-3b,17b-dihydroxy-5a-androstane; 17a-methyl-3a,17b-dihydroxy-5a-androstane; 17a-methyl-3b,17b-dihydroxyandrost-4-ene; 17a-methyl-4-hydroxynandrolone; methyldienolone; methyltrienolone ; 17a-methyl-*1-dihydrotestosterone (a.k.a. “17-a-methyl-1-testosterone”); norandrostenediol; norandrostenedione; norbolethone; norclostebol; normethandrolone; stenbolone; and tetrahydrogestrinone. Some of these substances have been marketed as dietary supplements. Others are actually old pharmaceutical steroids that were missed in the original federal law. The law permits the continued sale of DHEA as a dietary supplement.

The law changes the required elements of an anabolic steroid. The “promotes muscle growth” language is now removed from the statute, simplifying the process by which a newly created “designer” steroidal compound may be scheduled by the Attorney General under 21 U.S.C. § 811. No longer must the Attorney General prove that the compound is anabolic. The law also fixes some of the mistakes in the 1990 law (although at least one new typographical error appears). Among other quirks in the new law, the word “isomer” has been removed from the catch-all provision, replaced by “ether.” Instead, the law includes specific isomers of selected compounds.

What can we expect from the new law? The politicians behind it apparently believe that it will curtail steroid use in athletics. While their hopes are well-intentioned, if past experience serves, such hopes seem doubtful. The original 1990 law was pitched to the public as a solution to steroids in sports . However, not only has steroid use by athletes continued, but judging from the unprecedented frenzy over the issue this past year the problem appears much bigger than ever.

Here’s what we can expect: the law will put an end to most legal steroidal dietary supplements, leaving black market steroids as the predominant option. Don’t be surprised if we see a dramatic rise in the use of illegal steroids. In response, expect a newly invigorated anti-steroid enforcement crusade by the DEA. [Even before the President signed the new law, DEA was sounding a war cry. “We are now focused on steroid trafficking and abuse as never before,” warned Michele Leonhart, deputy administrator with DEA, at an October steroids summit in Los Angeles]. Expect individual states to review their own codes in an effort to harmonize their steroid laws with the new federal statute. Once new state laws are enacted, expect state and local police to boost their enforcement efforts against steroid users. As steroid usage is driven further underground, expect the health risks to be compounded as fewer users than ever seek physician monitoring. Finally, expect confusion by consumers and law enforcement authorities alike, because not all prohormone products fall under the new law, nor do all conceivable anabolic steroids .

The backers of this bill say it’s about “values.” But neither the Declaration of Independence nor the U.S. Constitution says anything at all about preserving the “purity” of athletes’ urine. There were alternative means to protect our teens and to prevent sports doping without criminalizing mature, health-conscious American consumers and bringing the War on (Some) Drugs into health food stores. Freedom of choice and personal liberty are the values this nation was founded upon, and don’t let them tell you otherwise.

© 2004, Rick Collins, J.D.

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member
    So should we be buying prohormones as much as possible before the 90 day period runs out? How come I'm still seing these type of supplements advertised in the december issue of flex and such?

2timer is offline Senior Member
    how did bush get voted again is one of the mistery of the century how did he even get any votes? wow the country is becoming church land!

akiraproject24 is offline Junior Member
    So should we be buying prohormones as much as possible before the 90 day period runs out? How come I'm still seing these type of supplements advertised in the december issue of flex and such?
    They are still advertised because the companies are trying to liquidate their prohormone assets. You could stock up if you want, I personally feel they arent worth it.

circuitman is offline New Member

As Jan. 20 approaches...

--With the new law coming into effect Jan. 20, I'm seeing many stores having "stock up" sales of pro-hormone products since they will not be legally sold anymore. My question is this, for those who have stocked up e.g. cans of Animal Stak etc. will possession of these products be treated like the 'real thing' with similar enforcement immediately, although the items were bought when they were still legal?

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    Just another noose around our civil liberties, and we (as Americans) are letting it happen. What ever happened to "...of the people, by the people and for the people?"

George Bush and the Religious Right, that's what.
    Congratulations to everyone who voted Republican over the last few years, you got what you voted for.

-Tock

Juice08 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needle
    O well pass another law im still jucing lol!!!

I'll second that.. Everyone's getting all worked up about nothing. It's not
    like this is going to stop anyone from juicing.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice08

It does increase the risk of problems for those using prohormones.
    Just another one of many rights taken away by our elected officials. Not much to laugh about, really . . .
    -Tock

Juice08 is offline Junior Member
    Maybe your right.... Didn't mean to offend you or anyone else

Jtt23 is offline Junior Member
    There is only one good thing that comes out of the ban IMO. That is that now that PH/PS are illigal the hundreds of companies that now produce them will be looking for other types of substances to enchance muscle growth. Companies like VPX aren't going to go out of buissness. Im sure some of the smaller ones will, but the best part is now millions of dollers are going to be going toward NEW products that probably have less sides. I have seen some promising new substances. Some of which are quite exciting!!!

GymDog is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice08
    Yeah, but if they crack down, our prisons will start filling with non-violent steroid drug criminals.

rock75 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GymDog
    Yeah, but if they crack down, our prisons will start filling with non-violent steroid drug criminals.

The laws are mostly bull****, there is obviously not enough campaign contributions being made by certain people to the right people. Then you have to look at who is in office, a puppet on a string.

Just play it safe, don't be open about what's going on - don't talk on the phone, don't talk through email and i believe the boards are secured enough for the pm's.

ned42986 is offline New Member
    Bush is all B.S. He can't even read a speech from a teleprompter. How hard can that be. The new ban is BS too. I've taken steroids for 2 years off and on and I'm not going to stop because of BUSH!!!!!

Wimpy is offline New Member
    Can't stop the drug dealers? Hey, let's F++k with the jocks for the good of America. Barry and Jason has opened the door. Makes us look like we are doing something about drugs, and we can still get our kickbacks from the real drug dealers.

Wimpy is offline New Member
    Just Kidding! Ha Ha Ha

The OutLord is offline Member
    what ever!!! it is bad whit law!!!!!

in Sweden!!! IF the law get you !!! 5000 sek in punhis = 625 USA dolla..

AND bannerd fore 3 year from the gym....

i get over that!!

and if the law get you on black market .... some body bay much! realy realy much!!!!from some body nice stuff!!!!

maby 2 year jail !!!! he he he

i do realy think!!!!! i love the sweden law.. on this point...... NO 99999999 Year jail for a workout :-) :-)...

some time....if i only cold do some thing!!!!for you Gym worker!.

EatRite is offline Senior Member

AnabolBoy is offline Junior Member
    this law scares the **** out of me.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    man you look at the out of shape, withered up chain smoking flabby alchoholic pricks that sit in congress and in the government... well hell if I was a withered up frail old prune I wouldnt want to stand next to a 350 pound behemoth in the airport either, the same 350 pounder that is old prunes wifes personal trainer...

If steroid companys like QV, Denkall and Tornel were donating millions to corrupt politicians then they would be as neasy to get as cigarettes or vodka...

**** em'... **** em' all to hell... i bet creatine is next... soon our atheletes wont even be able to use gatorade ( or the devils urine ) as it gives an unfair electrolyte advantage...

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    reading that article made me cry

Quote Originally Posted by Danbrooks2k
    soon our atheletes wont even be able to use gatorade ( or the devils urine ) as it gives an unfair electrolyte advantage...
    But dam thats funny

forsz is offline Associate Member
    Do these clinics still exist (may '05)? I'd love 2 find 1 in NewYork. In which Mags can i find their Ads??????????/ Thanx

forsz is offline Associate Member
    bump

100m champ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    daamn im glad i live in canada

Good thing theres always canada.

cherrypappa is offline Junior Member
    OH God...it will never stop

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypappa
    OH God...it will never stop
    Especially when people revive a old thread.

XNathan is offline Associate Member
    Sorry but USA seems to me like country of terror and nightmares. Thats not freedom, thats limitless totality. When you look on ASS thats not same think like heroin or cocain. But your goverment think thats same.. thats stupid goverment. In my country si law thats ASS are like normal medical substances and only punishable situation is giving ASS to person under 18. And highest punishment is one year in jail. But other forms are without any problems. Of course you cant sell it in shop but, you can use it, you can sell it privately and you can buy it.

I love my country. USA is walking back not foward.

ndmand4u is offline New Member
    They must be scared of too many muscle bound people walking around.

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    You guys outta realize by now that they are just gonna keep bannin shit. Just keep juicin smart and make sure you trust your sources. Just dont have ur shot of test with you sitting on top of ur briefcase in the car while ur illegally driving in the HOV lane on the way to work. For the vast majoirty of us this poses no greater threat as long as you stay smart about what ur doing.

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    damn u guys brought this back from the dead!!!

mindongoal is offline Junior Member
    Fjock,

thats right, be smart. keep ur S**T in a safe place

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought steroids were legal. Your kidding right!

MarineM40a1 is offline New Member
    This is B.S. i cant even buy D-Bol or Andro WTF this government is starting to turn communistic and is taking all of our rights away.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm always surprised how old threads like these find their way to the top...I am going to look for some of my favorites from past years ;-)

This thread was started two years ago! lol

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineM40a1
    This is B.S. i cant even buy D-Bol or Andro WTF this government is starting to turn communistic and is taking all of our rights away.
    Please dont bump old threads.

Jucinator2 is offline Associate Member
    why dont they ban sugar it causes more harm to americans than steroids .Ther are rapist , murders, child petafials, home invaders, terrorist, osomma ben dickhead. and what does are government what to lock up FREE tax paying citizens that are trying to build muscle, oh my god , muscles we must stop this. **** the oliympics test those people if it makes you feel good about sports, But if i can go to the store and by cigarretts, beer , everclear, bacon , and tweekies than why cant i use something my own body produces test. Are priorites are all f--ked up.Are you serious , this is supposed to be a free country and I cant grow muscle. dosent make much sense. So sombody show me all the emergency rooms with high-school kids livers falling out from steroids, there are none. Acetamenaphine killed like 200 people last year alone but you can go buy as much asprin as you want. who the f--k makes these laws we live by . Cars kill people every dame day we should make cars illegal right if thats the premis we are working off of. than anything that kills use should be illegal. hey we just had a plane crash let make flying illegal people may die if they fly.McDonalds is bad for you too it should be illegal, cigaretts,my point is all the above are rediculous, bottom line people die but there are LOTS OF THING THAT KILL MORE OF USE DAILY THAN STEROIDS. WE THE PEOPLE cant even make or own choices, why do we call are self a free country cause we not.I guess free health care like canada is out of the question we have to spend billions on stoping people from having muscles!!!

Bren is offline Associate Member
    what next? are they going to come take my protean away?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information