Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CutieFace Guest

Exclamation New Steroid Laws!!!!!!!!

This was part of a msg I received from Rick Collins This morning...and I felt it rather important to pass on the information every should have a copy of his book LEGAL MUSCLE

As you know, the new steroid law has passed. Attached is a brief update about the new law:

Prohormones will be treated just like pharmaceutical steroids in every federal court in America! Steroid arrests and prosecutions will rise. "People have rights, and for the most part, they have no idea what they are," says John Romano, Senior Editor of Muscular Development magazine. "This is the book you better **** well have read when the door flies off the hinges." Now, more than ever before, Legal Muscle is the serious bodybuilder’s bible. Its themes and lessons apply much more broadly – and more urgently – than ever before. And, now every copy of Legal Muscle comes with an updated insert on the new law to keep you on the cutting edge. Ignorance of the law is no defense. Your best defense will always be Legal Muscle.

Bush Criminalizes Prohormones!

An Update from Rick Collins, J.D.

On October 22, 2004, President Bush signed into law the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004, scheduled to take effect 90 days later. The law adds 26 compounds to the existing 1990 list of steroids that are classified as Schedule III controlled substances. Possession of a single andro or other prohormone tablet, for example, will be a federal crime punishable by up to one year in jail; distributing will be a felony punishable by up to five years in prison for a first offense.

The 26 newly added compounds are androstanediol; androstanedione; androstenediol; androstenedione; bolasterone; calusterone; *1-dihydrotestosterone (a.k.a. “1-testosterone ”); furazabol; 13b-ethyl-17a-hydroxygon-4-en-3-one; 4-hydroxytestosterone; 4-hydroxy-19-nortestosterone; mestanolone; 17a-methyl-3b,17b-dihydroxy-5a-androstane; 17a-methyl-3a,17b-dihydroxy-5a-androstane; 17a-methyl-3b,17b-dihydroxyandrost-4-ene; 17a-methyl-4-hydroxynandrolone; methyldienolone; methyltrienolone ; 17a-methyl-*1-dihydrotestosterone (a.k.a. “17-a-methyl-1-testosterone”); norandrostenediol; norandrostenedione; norbolethone; norclostebol; normethandrolone; stenbolone; and tetrahydrogestrinone. Some of these substances have been marketed as dietary supplements. Others are actually old pharmaceutical steroids that were missed in the original federal law. The law permits the continued sale of DHEA as a dietary supplement.

The law changes the required elements of an anabolic steroid. The “promotes muscle growth” language is now removed from the statute, simplifying the process by which a newly created “designer” steroidal compound may be scheduled by the Attorney General under 21 U.S.C. § 811. No longer must the Attorney General prove that the compound is anabolic. The law also fixes some of the mistakes in the 1990 law (although at least one new typographical error appears). Among other quirks in the new law, the word “isomer” has been removed from the catch-all provision, replaced by “ether.” Instead, the law includes specific isomers of selected compounds.

What can we expect from the new law? The politicians behind it apparently believe that it will curtail steroid use in athletics. While their hopes are well-intentioned, if past experience serves, such hopes seem doubtful. The original 1990 law was pitched to the public as a solution to steroids in sports . However, not only has steroid use by athletes continued, but judging from the unprecedented frenzy over the issue this past year the problem appears much bigger than ever.

Here’s what we can expect: the law will put an end to most legal steroidal dietary supplements, leaving black market steroids as the predominant option. Don’t be surprised if we see a dramatic rise in the use of illegal steroids. In response, expect a newly invigorated anti-steroid enforcement crusade by the DEA. [Even before the President signed the new law, DEA was sounding a war cry. “We are now focused on steroid trafficking and abuse as never before,” warned Michele Leonhart, deputy administrator with DEA, at an October steroids summit in Los Angeles]. Expect individual states to review their own codes in an effort to harmonize their steroid laws with the new federal statute. Once new state laws are enacted, expect state and local police to boost their enforcement efforts against steroid users. As steroid usage is driven further underground, expect the health risks to be compounded as fewer users than ever seek physician monitoring. Finally, expect confusion by consumers and law enforcement authorities alike, because not all prohormone products fall under the new law, nor do all conceivable anabolic steroids .

The backers of this bill say it’s about “values.” But neither the Declaration of Independence nor the U.S. Constitution says anything at all about preserving the “purity” of athletes’ urine. There were alternative means to protect our teens and to prevent sports doping without criminalizing mature, health-conscious American consumers and bringing the War on (Some) Drugs into health food stores. Freedom of choice and personal liberty are the values this nation was founded upon, and don’t let them tell you otherwise.

© 2004, Rick Collins, J.D.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Mind if I borrow that and paste on my board? I'll certainly give you credit for it

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    complete crap man

vaeltaire is offline Associate Member
    My god!!!!! What is next. Their is no need in all of this that they are starting to inforce now.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    **** what am i going to say to all my family members that ask if im juicing this time...i guess not the old "its only legal hormones"

Big Slick is offline Associate Member
    Nice info...I have some andro pills from a while and thought they were legal. Good to know.

vaeltaire is offline Associate Member
    My god!!!!! What is next. Their is no need in all of this that they are starting to inforce now.

thick one is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmmtheIceman
    **** what am i going to say to all my family members that ask if im juicing this time...i guess not the old "its only legal hormones"
    "protein and creatine" bro

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thick one
    "protein and creatine" bro
    Ive tried that. then i get the infamous "i doubt protein will make your neck bigger....and i KNOW you dont work out your neck"

wildman536 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmmtheIceman
    Ive tried that. then i get the infamous "i doubt protein will make your neck bigger....and i KNOW you dont work out your neck"
    well now It Does!!

CutieFace Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Mind if I borrow that and paste on my board? I'll certainly give you credit for it

been there done that babe...

and why don't you work out your ne ck....doesn't your gym have those neck ma chines.....

*smile*

Cutie

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome the the police state... wouldnt want to be in the US for that raid

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Just another noose around our civil liberties, and we (as Americans) are letting it happen. What ever happened to "...of the people, by the people and for the people?"

dtr98 is offline Member
    amen!!! we need to get involved and vote these guys out, all we do is bitch about it ( myself included ). make your vote count on 11/2/04. and every year, find out what the person you're voting for stands for.
    we can make a change but the american people aren't pissed off enough to do anything about it yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    Just another noose around our civil liberties, and we (as Americans) are letting it happen. What ever happened to "...of the people, by the people and for the people?"

CutieFace Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dtr98
    amen!!! we need to get involved and vote these guys out, all we do is bitch about it ( myself included ). make your vote count on 11/2/04. and every year, find out what the person you're voting for stands for.
    we can make a change but the american people aren't pissed off enough to do anything about it yet!!!

it was a bi partison vote...Kerry voted for the bill as well as Bush so regardless of who's in office it would've passed anyway just an FYI

Cutie

dtr98 is offline Member
    the congressmen and senators are the ones i'm taking about. they run the country.

Quote Originally Posted by CutieFace
    it was a bi partison vote...Kerry voted for the bill as well as Bush so regardless of who's in office it would've passed anyway just an FYI

Cutie
    Last edited by dtr98; 10-27-2004 at 09:47 AM.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Whatever, as long as I can legally buy Synovex and Finaplex I'm happy...

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeltaire
    Exactly they are going completely overboard!

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    Whatever, as long as I can legally buy Synovex and Finaplex I'm happy...
    Yeah it's all good until you convert it.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    OMG..... I hate this ban... gov't sux if you ask me.. they don't even do any research on the stuff just assume it's bad and soo many people are uneducated that they all frown apon as and ps and assume it's bad and make up phoney bs side effects about them.... my god that would be like me telling a rockstar "dont play the guitar it can lead to cancer and your fingers could fall off"

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    my god that would be like me telling a rockstar "dont play the guitar it can lead to cancer and your fingers could fall off"
    lmao, i liked that. but anyways, its obvious that our lives will be increasingly difficult in the years to come....

juicelee is offline Associate Member
    this kinda **** is honestly starting to piss me off they have no right to do this to us "Freedom of choice and personal liberty are the values this nation was founded upon, and don’t let them tell you otherwise." Thats what im sayin!! Man we gotta fight this or us good people. Lookin to do nuttin but, inhance our self esteem and physical prowess are gonna be gettin punished for doin nothing but, our given right by those fallen in combat for these rights. They are taking away our " Pursuit of Happiness" God I'm sooo pist right now this prolly sounds like babble but, I'm just too flippin fired up to care

dtr98 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by juicelee
    this kinda **** is honestly starting to piss me off they have no right to do this to us "Freedom of choice and personal liberty are the values this nation was founded upon, and don’t let them tell you otherwise." Thats what im sayin!! Man we gotta fight this or us good people. Lookin to do nuttin but, inhance our self esteem and physical prowess are gonna be gettin punished for doin nothing but, our given right by those fallen in combat for these rights. They are taking away our " Pursuit of Happiness" God I'm sooo pist right now this prolly sounds like babble but, I'm just too flippin fired up to care

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Next is the protien ban. Goodbye food.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    F*** BUSH , this complete B.S get out on Nov. 2nd and fire his ass

UberSoldat is offline Junior Member
    WEll.... Im not taking any steroids , but I was planning on doing some cycle towards the end of winter... anyway... just wait for Creatine,glutamine and all of the supplements beeing banned :P

BlueCollar is offline Banned
    uh..Bush didnt write this bill.. do more reading...

and as far as im concerened prohormones are a waste of money. People paying for side effects.

Banning prohormones will discourage kids from wasting their money on them. Now the choicce is clear - just go get the real thing and do it right.

needle is offline Senior Member
    O well pass another law im still jucing lol!!!

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    They cant ban creatine, its an amino acid. They would haffta ban meat cuz its in all muscle fibers. But they would prolly try to ban tubs of creatine like the 1kg one I have. For that matter its a nonessential amino acid, in other words, our bodies make it on thier own. Its naturaly occuring. So to ban it is downright pointless cuz every person who has any amount of muscle has creatine in them. No big deal.

rhinoman is offline Associate Member
    I have TESTOSTERONE in me too, and they banned that. The FDA is gonna take over all supplements in the next year or two anyway. Stock up!

depdaddy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoman
    I have TESTOSTERONE in me too, and they banned that. The FDA is gonna take over all supplements in the next year or two anyway. Stock up!
    agreed..i hate those bastards..never heard of a drive by shooting over juice have you..this community doesnt harm anyone..Bush stop waisting our ****ing tax dollars for bull**** like this..spend it to stop the real drug problem we have here in America
    dep

PM me DEP, been trying to get ahold of ya. STEROIDS HARM NOONE except me. And those who get in my way of doing them!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    daamn im glad i live in canada

Thisuser is offline New Member
    Buy Now or Later?
    With all the busts going down lately that I have been hearing about, and the going after the end users as well, and the new laws, when they go into effect there is bound to be a new push to "crack down" for awhile, what do you guys think about ordering? Is it a good idea to order my next two cycles now before they start cracking down harder? Or possibly even ordering a year or two's worth now? Or is it a time to lay low already? Or just disregard it all and go on, business as usual?

Ironweb is offline Member
    Business as usual imo. What gets me about these types of laws is the fact cops use as well. The gym I work out at there is a cop that lifts and has omitted to using without saying it. He was talking with his buddy giving the scientific names of what he was on.

That sucks. The cop busting someone just injected 500mg of test. Go figure. Curses to the person who sent the syringe from Balco. Put a much larger spot light on it. Hmmmm wonder what would happen if the DEA would randomly test the cops. Especially in your larger cities.

Remember Ronnie Coleman was a cop in dallas up until a few years ago. I wonder what he told everyone he took. I'm mad at Arnold because he is helping to push anti=steroid laws through. Banning the stuff that MADE him is f'd up.

Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member
    F*CK ARNOLD!!!
    Without juice he would be a 200 pound kid in austria with good genetics and nothing to show for it. he has never denied using it, but now is pushing anti-steroid laws .
    Arnold is just a tool for the new world order.
    just hope he doesnt run for president. (after they pass an ammendment okaying foreigners with 25 years of citizenship to run for president)

Lgarm18 is offline New Member
    For those that feelthat they can afford it this might be a good time to start using the 'clinics' that adv in the mags. I've been using for about a year now and I pay more than the average Joe for the stuf but I got me an Rx. I get piss tested several times a year along with many of my buddies and coworkers. While these guys are sweating and wringing their hands I'm just pissing and smiling.
    I know that not everybody can afford $100 for a 10cc bottle of Test Cyp, but think of all the bail and attorney's fees you'd have to pay otherwise. That's just my thoughts on it.

FLHRCI is offline New Member
    Its about the money.
    Its not about the health issues.
    This thing was pushed by pharmaceutical companies that want in on the business. You watch, they are probably already cooking the stuff so that come Jan/Feb 2005 they will have it available.... you will probably go to your doctor and get samples like you can now for the latest allergy meds. The prices will go up for a while and then they will all be making the stuff within a yeat and then the prices will go back down. You will be able to shop it on the Internet and have it ship to your door as long as you have the R/X. So you may have to go see a doc that is not your general practitioner, but rather a "friendly" sports doc that knows about it.. and he will make you take a urine test to cover his own tracks and then you get the script. It will all shake out in a year or so.
    Last edited by FLHRCI; 11-12-2004 at 02:00 PM.

tydavis6406 is offline New Member

canada

this is why i love canada, possession is not illegal. getting caught in the act of obtaining is only illegal, as well as trafficking and importing and exporting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information