JAY_WD is offline Member

Tested for MPB??

Does anyone know if it is possible to get tested to find out whether or not you are prone to MPB (Male Pattern Baldness).

If so, where can you get tested and are the results accurate?

I have a little bit of a receeding hairline and want to confirm if i will eventually go bald.

JAY_WD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAY_WD
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get tested to find out whether or not you are prone to MPB (Male Pattern Baldness).

If so, where can you get tested and are the results accurate?

I have a little bit of a receeding hairline and want to confirm if i will eventually go bald.

bump..

As far as my knowledge, I'm bout 95% certain there is not.

It's all genetic, the "test" would be to see if you notice hairloss or not

I've tried every chemical known to man and nothing works....time to get a hat implanted on my head

JAY_WD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by football2007
    As far as my knowledge, I'm bout 95% certain there is not.

It's all genetic, the "test" would be to see if you notice hairloss or not

I've tried every chemical known to man and nothing works....time to get a hat implanted on my head

Duta, Fina, Nioxin, Nizoral???? None of these worked?

What cycles have you ran in the past and which was the worst for hair loss??
    Are you prone to MPB?

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Dude, I am prone to MPB. If you have a receding hairline you have MPB. It all depends on how severe it is and how many steps you take to prevent furuther recession.

Steps are using the right compounds, using Finasteride or Dutasteride, using topicals, etc...

Compounds - Test w/ DHT inhibitor, Var, Tbol, Eq, Primo to an extent, Deca to an extene -- the last two are odd I've seen them go both ways.

Finasteride/dutasteride - another step but remember there are bad sides to this -- softening up, gyno, loss of sex drive, etc...

Topicals -- Rogaine as well as many others

JAY_WD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro
    Dude, I am prone to MPB. If you have a receding hairline you have MPB. It all depends on how severe it is and how many steps you take to prevent furuther recession.

Steps are using the right compounds, using Finasteride or Dutasteride, using topicals, etc...

Compounds - Test w/ DHT inhibitor, Var, Tbol, Eq, Primo to an extent, Deca to an extene -- the last two are odd I've seen them go both ways.

Finasteride/dutasteride - another step but remember there are bad sides to this -- softening up, gyno, loss of sex drive, etc...

Topicals -- Rogaine as well as many others

Thanks for the info.

What have you found works best for you while on cycle?
    What cycles have you ran and what worked best while on those cycles to stop shedding hair?

JAY_WD is offline Member
    Thanks for the info.

What have you found works best for you while on cycle?
    What cycles have you ran and what worked best while on those cycles to stop shedding hair?

bump..

Duta, Fina, Nioxin, Nizoral???? None of these worked?

What cycles have you ran in the past and which was the worst for hair loss??
    Are you prone to MPB?
    Duta, xandrox 12% (azalaic acid and minoxidil), nizoral, polyscorbate

Nothin really works for me. Duta is the best line of defense.

Z-Ro summed it up quite nicely.

ran deca /dbol test/dbol and var only....I lose a shitload of hair on or off cycle it dont matter lol

z ro fortunatley dosn't know what he is talking about 97 percent of white males aquire a recesion of their hairline at some point whether or not they will go bald infact between ages of 19 and 27 you develop whats called a maturing hairline in which your hair recedes slightly but that will stop there if not mpb prone look at family genetics it the key but ifyour phill collins receding then prob gonna go all the way if in 20's that is

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    The key to all your little questions:

The SEARCH Function.......

sarcomere is offline Junior Member
    Deca should be easy on the hair

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    To know if you're prone...take a look at your mother's brothers ... if they have it, most probably, so will you. The trait is genetically passed down through the mother's genes..or so I remember reading from a reliable source.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getrippedordietrying
    z ro fortunatley dosn't know what he is talking about 97 percent of white males aquire a recesion of their hairline at some point whether or not they will go bald infact between ages of 19 and 27 you develop whats called a maturing hairline in which your hair recedes slightly but that will stop there if not mpb prone look at family genetics it the key but ifyour phill collins receding then prob gonna go all the way if in 20's that is
    LMAO dude, maturation of the hairline is one thing, recession back is another. If he means his hairline maturing yes you are correct and I agree with you. But in any case, if he is worried. I would rather tell him to protect his hair than to just put it off as his hairline is maturing. By the time his hairline is nerfed it will be too late. JMO

Trust me, what happened to me was MPB and I stopped it.

Hmm..thats good. I won't worry anymore..my hairline is just "maturing"

Maybe when Im completely bald I'll call it a "fully matured hairline"

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    there is no test really...this is impossible

You could test for DHT levels, but even that is only part of the answer. It depends how many recepters for DHT are in your scalp. I mean theoreticly you could have a guy with a low DHT level, and a TON of receptors in his scalp, and you can bet he be bald regardless of whether he uses roiids. And if he did roid, forget it...
    But, lets say you have aguy with a high DHT level, but not alota receptors in the scalp. He might have a good head of hair.
    So then there are the guys with lower DHT levels, AND low amounts of receptors, and these guys have the BEST hair.
    Then on the other extreme, you have the guys with a high DHT level, AND loaded with receptors in the scalp, and its these guys that you see as juniors in highscool with already half there hair gone. bummer for them.
    But when your gonna use steroids , its gonna come down to the maount of receptors in your scalp, because with test and many other roids you know your gonna have a higher than average DHT level, or DHT-like activity. Propecia will help a bit, so will nizeral....supposedly. But i still wonder. I had my DHT tested, and the highest range was, i belive, like 75ng/dl (i was 31ng)..but when you take even just 400mg of test /wk you can bet your regular testosterone levels are 3500ng+(AT LEAST) as apposed to the high average of 1100(black 18 year old,lol) so thats at least a 4-5 fold increase....so it could theoreticly be taking someone of a 30NG DHT LEVEL to a 150ng. Now propecia says it can cut DHT in half. So then youd still be at 75ng. Thats still pretty high..and i dont think the addition of nizeral will do much to improve that situation, but it might a bit, i dunno. This is all theory. I have used 400mg of NPP a week with no hairlose. also in another cycle i did 300mg of deca , 400mg eq, 125mg test, 30mg var . no loss.but used nizeral in them religiously. Those were low dosed cycles though for theraputic purposes mostly, so. Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by AnabolicBoy1981; 09-22-2007 at 04:54 PM.

Thread Information