SaTyR is offline Member

Combining a test cycle with the atkins diet.

A friend of myn wants to do the atkins diet with a small amount of test. Why or why isnt this a good idea ? Goal is to cut without loosing to much muscle.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i tried it and gains came very slow. i got stronger while my weight stayed the same. this was while i was taking 750 mg of sus a week. it was a 10 weeker and i feel that it was a waste of money. ill never do it again.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    scrap the atkins diet and just doin a cutting cycle wit some test in it to gain some more muscle or retain some, id prefer to be getting in all foods (proteins,carbs,fats etc..) if i was on a cycle to help my body out

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    HE NEEDS TO EAT! That means Protein, carbs and fat.

RockSolid is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    HE NEEDS TO EAT! That means Protein, carbs and fat.
    Agreed. On a cycle you need to eat, even junk food if you want to gain mass.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    The "Atkins" diet may not be the way to go. I cleaned up my diet by cutting down the carbs substansially and eating clean LOW FAT foods. I gained about 10-12 pounds of lean muscle and didn't have any problems. If your a hard gainer this may not work for you or your friend but it worked really well for me. Moderation is the key I didnt eat until I was stuffed but just full alot of food was left on the plate most of the time. I think we feel like we need to clean the plate off when in reality we dont.

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    No matter what your doing cutting or trying to gain mass they are all right YOU NEED TO EAT... Eating low carbs while cutting doesnt do nething but deplete the muslces of glycogen and make you look soft and flat. Check out the diet fourm they can do wonders over there.

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock191
    No matter what your doing cutting or trying to gain mass they are all right YOU NEED TO EAT... Eating low carbs while cutting doesnt do nething but deplete the muslces of glycogen and make you look soft and flat. Check out the diet fourm they can do wonders over there.
    Yeah, you may get more responses in the DIET FORUM. The Atkins Diet is a bad idea in my opinion. You need carbs to fuel the workouts. You will feel sluggish and prevent optimal gains in muscle mass.

Keep the carbs clean, eating oatmeal, brown rice, etc. You can still cut body fat the right way, do cardio, drink a gallon of water a day and keep the junk food to a minimum.

SaTyR is offline Member
    Thank you all for the replys.

Thread Information