gino_slayer is offline Associate Member

Letrozole (Femara) Citrate Info

Since I havent found any concrete info on how and when to run this I have to ask a few questions.

When should this be taken (ie. beginning of cycle, end, off cycle)?

How long should this be taken for and what are the dosages that need to be taken to reach it's desired effects?

I was thinking about ordering some because of some mild gyno from my last cycle, and since people have claimed that it takes care of this without surgery I thought I'd give it a try.

Also, even tho a number of people have said it works to remove gyno, I would still like to hear what people have to say about it.

thanx

Slayer

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gino_slayer
    Since I havent found any concrete info on how and when to run this I have to ask a few questions.

When should this be taken (ie. beginning of cycle, end, off cycle)?

How long should this be taken for and what are the dosages that need to be taken to reach it's desired effects?

I was thinking about ordering some because of some mild gyno from my last cycle, and since people have claimed that it takes care of this without surgery I thought I'd give it a try.

Also, even tho a number of people have said it works to remove gyno, I would still like to hear what people have to say about it.

thanx

Slayer
    obviously you havent looked it up then cause there is a TON of info on it. run it at 1.25mg ed throughout the cycle. Start it about a week in advance to get it built up in your system.

there's different theories tho... some people ramp it up and down, some run it 1.25 ED like you said, some dont even take it while theyre on cycle.

I want to know what method is best specifically for removing (not preventing) gyno.

Slayer

not2bigyet is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gino_slayer
    there's different theories tho... some people ramp it up and down, some run it 1.25 ED like you said, some dont even take it while theyre on cycle.

I want to know what method is best specifically for removing (not preventing) gyno.

Slayer
    I was just in a month long battle with fighting off gyno. I ran letro at 1.25/ED along with nolvadex 60mgs/ED and the symtoms have finally stoped

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    obviously you havent looked it up then cause there is a TON of info on it. run it at 1.25mg ed throughout the cycle. Start it about a week in advance to get it built up in your system.
    1BCamaro:

Letro needs to be taken for 60 days to acheive stable blood plasma levels...(see excerpt from article I wrote below for the citation of the study that information is from).

Gino_Slayer:

Quoting from an article I wrote several months ago for BB4L...it's basically been cut and pasted, and edited (the original one is so sporadic) to be relevant to your question, but the short answer is that personally, I take 1mg of Letro per day...here's some information:

"Levels of estrogen are totally undetectable in any patients taking Letrozole, and it has even been used to increase testosterone to normal levels (from sub-normal ones) and increase LH, FSH and SHBG (Epilepsy Behav. 2004 Apr;5(2):260-3). .... An effective dose of Letrozole is 1-2.5 mg/day (I use 1mg/day), but be forewarned, it can kill your sex drive, and could decrease IGF levels. On the other hand, I've seen studies where it increases IGF levels. Also worth noting is that there's a rebound effect when you come off Letrozol. What can I say? Letrozole 's effects on serum lipids (cholesterol, both HDL and LDL) are, in the words of one researcher: "inconsistent. "And compared with Aromasin and Arimidex , In non-cellular systems, letrozole is 2-5 times more potent than anastrozole and exemestane in its inhibition of the aromatase enzyme and activity, and in cellular systems it is 10-20x more potent! Letrozole (2.5mg daily) also achieved a much greater suppression of the plasma concentrations of both estrone and estrone sulphate (estrogens) than anastrozole (1mg daily) and a greater inhibition of in vivo aromatization also (sorry for the geek-speak.it's over for now.). ( J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003 Oct;87(1):35-45.).... you need to take Letrozole for 60 days to get a steady blood plasma level. ....Letrozole has a whopping 2-4 day (!) ½ life (Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Jan;9(1 Pt 2):468S-72S.). "

Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    1BCamaro:

Letro needs to be taken for 60 days to acheive stable blood plasma levels...(see excerpt from article I wrote below for the citation of the study that information is from).

Gino_Slayer:

Quoting from an article I wrote several months ago for BB4L...it's basically been cut and pasted, and edited (the original one is so sporadic) to be relevant to your question, but the short answer is that personally, I take 1mg of Letro per day...here's some information:

"Levels of estrogen are totally undetectable in any patients taking Letrozole, and it has even been used to increase testosterone to normal levels (from sub-normal ones) and increase LH, FSH and SHBG (Epilepsy Behav. 2004 Apr;5(2):260-3). .... An effective dose of Letrozole is 1-2.5 mg/day (I use 1mg/day), but be forewarned, it can kill your sex drive, and could decrease IGF levels. On the other hand, I've seen studies where it increases IGF levels. Also worth noting is that there's a rebound effect when you come off Letrozol. What can I say? Letrozole 's effects on serum lipids (cholesterol, both HDL and LDL) are, in the words of one researcher: "inconsistent. "And compared with Aromasin and Arimidex , In non-cellular systems, letrozole is 2-5 times more potent than anastrozole and exemestane in its inhibition of the aromatase enzyme and activity, and in cellular systems it is 10-20x more potent! Letrozole (2.5mg daily) also achieved a much greater suppression of the plasma concentrations of both estrone and estrone sulphate (estrogens) than anastrozole (1mg daily) and a greater inhibition of in vivo aromatization also (sorry for the geek-speak.it's over for now.). ( J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003 Oct;87(1):35-45.).... you need to take Letrozole for 60 days to get a steady blood plasma level. ....Letrozole has a whopping 2-4 day (!) ½ life (Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Jan;9(1 Pt 2):468S-72S.). "

Hope this helps...
    Once again, awesome... you keep amazing me with how through you are thanx a bunch bro

Slayer

Jackman is offline Banned
    wow so taking 1mg a day can actually remove gyno you already have? Hi hooker trying to earn the mod spot again tonight? lol

Has anyone here actually had or know somone who has had gyno removed from using it?

Yes I had a lump ...I got it whan I ran out of letro and switched to a-dex ( 1 was on for a year ) the lump developed in 5 days and took weeks to disapate. After the lump was gone I desided that I wouldn't mess with anything but letro.....

I had a gyno-lump. I used 2.5mgs/day of Letro and it went away. I reduced my dose to 1.25mgs/day, then to 1mg/day. Now I'm on .5mgs/day and there's no sign of it coming back.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a gyno-lump. I used 2.5mgs/day of Letro and it went away. I reduced my dose to 1.25mgs/day, then to 1mg/day. Now I'm on .5mgs/day and there's no sign of it coming back.
    wow, see i was told two different things. Before i was told that you needed it 2-3 months b4, i believe pheedno told me that, but i remember da bull telling me only 4-6 days.....? i guess i'll go with the article though. thanx bro!!

Zues is offline Associate Member
    What about that liquid Letro from one of those labs. Do you think it would be legit. Cause I'm taking liquid Nolva from a lab and I don't think the stuff is working.

I use Lion's Letro.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Any idea how many pumps are needed Hooker (strictly for research purposes only)? Edited - just seen the Sticky!
    Last edited by Bigun; 10-29-2004 at 12:31 PM.

Right now I use 2 pumps a day. When I first used it to get rid of gyno, I used 10 pumps (2.5mgs) per day until the soreness want away...then I just kept lowering the dose. Also, right now I'm only using test (susp and prop) and masteron , so I don't need much to keep estrogenic sides away.

joevette is offline Banned
    Why not just take a bunch at the beginning of the cycle to get your levels up to there max, then take your normal dose? Like say 10mg ed for the first week then back down to 1 or 2.5mg a day. That way you don't have to wait for it to build up to achieve constant blood levels.

Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Why not just take a bunch at the beginning of the cycle to get your levels up to there max, then take your normal dose? Like say 10mg ed for the first week then back down to 1 or 2.5mg a day. That way you don't have to wait for it to build up to achieve constant blood levels.
    bump for this answer i would like to know as well

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ^^^^

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackman
    bump for this answer i would like to know as well
    To much can cuz erectile problems and there is the issue of utilisation of the compound by your body......it's like front loading 10 g of test if your planning on using 1 g for your cycle.....**** if kingofmasters or one of the more knowledgable bro were here right now they could answer in detail.

Any answer would be speculation.

"Frontloading" this compound has not been studied in a clinical trial (at least none published on Medline that I could find), so the exact pharmacodynamics are not known.

One could speculate that it would be similar to frontloading something with a propionate or phenylpropionate ester (as it has roughly the same active life)...which we don't generally do unless we are trying to get blood levels up quickly while combining it with a concurrent dose of a long estered product (something with a Cypionate or Enanthenate Ester usually).

You wouldn't frontload test prop, on an all test prop cycle, right?

You'd use the prop to "kick start" a long ester cycle...and that reasoning could apply here, as well, I think.

In fact, there was no difference between .5mg/day and 2.5mg/day in objective tumor response for women with breast cancer using Letrozole (J Clin Oncol. 2001 Jul 15;19(14):3357-66) over a year long study; so simply using a ton of this stuff (via frontloading) isn't the answer we are looking for, since a low dose can be as effective as a high dose in some cases.

I hope this is the answer you were looking for.

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    so can i use it for pct with clomid? i still have some slight gyno, it doesnt hurt but the nips r puffy, on on cycle right now and ill be done first week of february.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Any answer would be speculation.

"Frontloading" this compound has not been studied in a clinical trial (at least none published on Medline that I could find), so the exact pharmacodynamics are not known.

One could speculate that it would be similar to frontloading something with a propionate or phenylpropionate ester (as it has roughly the same active life)...which we don't generally do unless we are trying to get blood levels up quickly while combining it with a concurrent dose of a long estered product (something with a Cypionate or Enanthenate Ester usually).

You wouldn't frontload test prop, on an all test prop cycle, right?

You'd use the prop to "kick start" a long ester cycle...and that reasoning could apply here, as well, I think.

In fact, there was no difference between .5mg/day and 2.5mg/day in objective tumor response for women with breast cancer using Letrozole (J Clin Oncol. 2001 Jul 15;19(14):3357-66) over a year long study; so simply using a ton of this stuff (via frontloading) isn't the answer we are looking for, since a low dose can be as effective as a high dose in some cases.

I hope this is the answer you were looking for.
    Make no mistake, you're one hell of an asset here bro.

Thread Information