Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Unhappy New drug test for HGH!

Test for hGH May Be Ready for Athens

CANBERRA, Australia - A test for human growth hormone could be secretly implemented in time for the Athens Olympics to catch cheaters unaware of the new exam.

Australian Sports Drug Agency chief executive John Mendoza said Thursday the World Anti-Doping Agency and the International Olympic Committee (news - web sites) were confident of introducing a test for hGH before the Olympics begin Aug. 13.

"Athletes should be aware that a hGH test could be implemented at any time — and this implementation may not be publicly announced by anti-doping authorities until it is too late for athletes illegally using growth hormone," Mendoza said in a statement.

Mendoza said tests developed last year to detect the steroid THG proved that even the most sophisticated performance-enhancing substances were detectable.

"This development is a wake-up call to athletes who think they can use supposedly undetectable substances with impunity — this is simply no longer the case," he said. "The gap between the anti-doping agencies and well-organized cheats has closed dramatically over the past few years thanks largely to coordinated global investment into finding better substance-detection methods."

Mendoza said samples taken from athletes at the Athens Games would be stored for two years and could be subject to further analysis if new tests to detect performance-enhancing drugs were developed. The penalties for positives in those cases can be imposed at a later date.

SuffocateX is offline Junior Member
    Scary

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Interesting how they can prove it's not natural HGh output.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    I am not going to lie, this is a good thing. If you really think about it. Its good. That means for example baseball players who are naturally good will not be forced to mess around with chemicals to keep up with the others. This is assuming that the MLB starts these kinds of tests. But of course this is example is good for anysport.

I don't see there being an effective test for GH. Anything they attempt to use as a test is just going to have to be something that compares ratios in the body, which can vary so much from person to person.

My take on it is this:

The perceived threat of an impending test is what they're trying to accomplish. They're saying, we're "pretty sure" we'll have a test to catch you, so you may as well just give up and stop using it now

SuffocateX is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    I am not going to lie, this is a good thing. If you really think about it. Its good. That means for example baseball players who are naturally good will not be forced to mess around with chemicals to keep up with the others. This is assuming that the MLB starts these kinds of tests. But of course this is example is good for anysport.

You are obviously not a true supporter of pro-hormones such as gear and I personally do not like you. I belive that all athletes should enhance there game as much as possible and it should all be legal. I wanna see games taken to the next level.

Suffocate, you dont like me? Well we are all entitled to our own opinions. My view can be different than yours and we both can still be right. But you dont have to hate me because of my view.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I don't see there being an effective test for GH. Anything they attempt to use as a test is just going to have to be something that compares ratios in the body, which can vary so much from person to person.

My take on it is this:

The perceived threat of an impending test is what they're trying to accomplish. They're saying, we're "pretty sure" we'll have a test to catch you, so you may as well just give up and stop using it now
    My thoughts as well.

There are many atheletes who do not want to take their game to the next level. They dont want to push their chemical limits. They want to play the sport they love on equal playing fields without exposing theirselves to steroids . Take Ken Caminiti for example. He said he only took steroids because he didnt want the younger player on his team taking his spot. He wanted to be able to support his family. Personally i do support steroids. If i didnt i wouldnt be on this forum, and i wouldnt have cycles under my belt. I however feel that everyone should not have to expose themselves to them. I am comfortable exposing my body to them but just because i am does not make it right to expect everyone else to, so that they can continue their profession in the sport that they love.

Dakota280 is offline New Member
    What about in the oldern days when there was no drugs in sports? I can think of hundreds of old school players that would knock the socks off of some of the new juicer ones. Too bad they have to use juice just too keep with the sports, but it's lookin like that might end soon too, lol

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    These idiots make me laugh, quote "Mendoza said tests developed last year to detect the steroid THG proved that even the most sophisticated performance-enhancing substances were detectable." unquote.........if it was not for a damm snitch THG would never have been found....i'm sure there is more goodieS like THG, the IOC are fighting a losing battle and they know it, just fronting for the press....GO JUICERS!!

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    What gets me is the international efforts to develope doping tests. If that isn't a bigger waste of money than MTV then I don't know what is. How about an international effort to help find Osama Bin Laden. They will pull out of Iraq and turn their backs on us, but will work with us to find out who is using HGH.

Dakota280 is offline New Member
    Well maybe when they do figure out whos usin hgh they can send them too iraq. Heard that stuff can really turn ya into a "monster". Perfect for the iraqs

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The IOC has been shoveling a lot of cash into making this happen... but like it was already said - GH is endogenous and to prove unatural levels in the body via urine analysis they would have to measure certain ratios... like they do with the T/E ratios for testing for unatural levels of testosterone . But the athlete would obviously just stop using GH prior to Athens (short half-life)... they would have to do a pop test during training... while they were using it...

banned is offline New Member
    They will have to test blood for that, and unless you win you'll be fine anyway.. steroid test are already expensive as hell.. hgh added to that would add **** load of money to the test.

Scare tactics man.. take it if you got it..lol

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    A bump to an old message but as those of us who are tested know, its a randomised policy regarding testing in most IOC tested sports not just the first placed athletes.

Thread Information