gya321 is offline Member

153/80 too high to start cycle?

My blood pressure is 153 over 80, i just checked it. I want to start my cycle but, that seems too high to me, what do you think?

DoctaBig is offline Member
    what are you planning on running?????

i would say you need to have it checked out. 153/80 is a kindof odd reading. Have you tested it on more than one occasion??

AnabolicAlien Guest

hey...

not to brag but i'm an MD.

get it checked several times and if you can do it yourself do it when you're not in a doctor's office and anxious. if it's still elevated see a general practitioner and be honest. say you want to do a cycle of steroids and ask them if they can check it for you while on and give you blood pressure meds if needed.

i think that's the safest thing to do.

by the way, that reading you gave really isn't that bad. i wouldn't worry much unless the systolic got above 160.

hope that helps.

A.A.

DoctaBig is offline Member
    A.A. I dont like to disagree, but...153, we both know the ramifications of having uncontrolled hypertension for long periods of time. He REALLY needs to get his bp under control...at least 130/90 before he considers cycling, preferably he should be able to keep that even while on. Its so easy and cheap to safely treat blood pressure, there is really no excuse not to. I do agree with getting a home bp monitor to eliminate the possibility of whitecoat hypertension. That number almost makes me think that could be the issue.

im a few months away from my pharm.d, just to state my background also

seanw is offline Banned
    If I were you I would go buy a blood pressure tester from the local Pharmacy. I got my Doctor to get me one it only cost me $50 US and its full automatic and accurate !!! It is good peice of mind

gya321 is offline Member
    I have a blood pressure monitor. My bp is always at least 140/80. I might have to go to a doc, since I just moved anyway and see If he can help me out.

AnabolicAlien Guest

lol...

doctabig... you're totally jumping the gun. we don't even know if he has hypertension, let alone "sustained hypertension for long periods of time." i think my advice is reasonable.

A.A.
    Last edited by AnabolicAlien; 10-29-2004 at 09:33 PM.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Go to a Doc before starting to be on the safe side, if he says you're ok to go, then juice up! Good Luck

Thread Information