Thread: tetracycline

pappynut is offline New Member

tetracycline

hey guys gotta question, iam taking tetracycline as a prescription drug for acne i've taken it since i was 15 and am still taking at teh age of 23. Iam gong to start a cycle soon and was wondering if anyone has heard about any effects that my acne medicine might have on my possible gains. I thought that i've read that tetracycline can hurt the protein sythesis iam not sure. Just wanted to ask and see if anyone has heard anything about it and if i should stop taking it during my cycle. Thanks.

IronAdam is offline Member
    You might wanna rethink if you've already got acne. I took accutane years ago and I was pimple free until my PCT started after my first cycle. I broke out like crazy and that was months ago...I'm just about ready to order some accutane.

IronAdam is offline Member
    But about your question I believe antibiotics put you in a catabolic state and make it hard to gain muscle mass...even while on cycle. Bump for more info...curious too as I just started an antibiotic.

pappynut is offline New Member

more info

thanks for the reply bro, i used to have bad acne when i was younger like 4-5 years ago when i was in high school but now at 23 its pretty well contained so do you think i would be better off discontinuing my acne medication. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    But about your question I believe antibiotics put you in a catabolic state and make it hard to gain muscle mass...even while on cycle. Bump for more info...curious too as I just started an antibiotic.

imann is offline Member
    I take septra for acne....have for the past 5 years....could not say I have noticed a difference when i was out of it for 6 weeks....just my 2cents

Thread Information